Too much info for patch notes? **Spoliers**

in Living World

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

“After memorializing Eir, the commander returned to Rata Novus to discover that Taimi had been hard at work digging into dragon research and performing an “interesting” experiment on a chak organ. The commander then left to meet Canach in the northern Maguuma jungle and hunt down the human minister Caudecus, who had escaped from the queen’s protective custody. Upon arriving on the scene, they were greeted with a violent explosion of one of the Bloodstones—which curiously reversed itself before taking them with it. While the commander worked to track down the culprit, Minister Caudecus revealed himself as the leader of the nefarious White Mantle, but his plans for the organization were thrown into disarray when a mursaat called Lazarus reappeared and accused him of being a heretic. The two rivals escaped, leaving only a cloud of speculation that it may have been Lazarus who soaked up the Bloodstone’s power. And the tumult on Tyria burns even hotter with the discovery that Primordus, the fire dragon, is stirring once again. Will we be consumed by the flames?”

I mean, putting that in the Rising flames release page is OK, but a bit too detailed imo. But putting it in the patch notes? What if someone has been away and hasn’t played bloodstone fen at all yet, and just went to read patch notes on balance, fractals, or pvp, and they see this?

Anyone else agree?

in Living World

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s expected you did Episode 1 first and HoT story before that and LWS2 before that and personal story before that. So no spoilers.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

Read my last paragraph again, and respond accordingly. Patch notes don’t equal story recap. That’s what the release page is for.

in Living World

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Read my last paragraph again, and respond accordingly. Patch notes don’t equal story recap. That’s what the release page is for.

I did and my response is the same. The major part of this patch is the LS3 content and after part of the first sentence you can always stop reading that paragraph and skip down to the other portions like I did (because it looked to be a recap of episode 1).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Lankmaster.6507

Thank you Musashi. I feel better knowing that at least one other was put off by this. A tad surprised that I only have 1 neigh sayer, 1 in agreeance and everyone else ignored the thread. Oh well.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I thought it was odd, too. I think ANet should err on the side of caution when offering non-update related details in patch notes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

It’s expected you did Episode 1 first and HoT story before that and LWS2 before that and personal story before that. So no spoilers.

Pretty much this. If you didn’t do Episode 1, it’s not their fault.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Pretty much this. If you didn’t do Episode 1, it’s not their fault.

Of course it’s not their fault, but it’s unnecessary for them to include a potential spoiler in the patch notes. There are plenty of other reasons for people to read about the details in the update.

It’s not the most horrible thing in the world, but I think it was incautious of them and I hope they choose not to do it again.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”