Too short?

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Good story, but I don’t think it really is being told as a “story” gets told. I don’t know about other people, but I read a story at least a chapter at a time, not a quarter of a page at a time, so I’m just wondering, is that how other people go about it, or just me?

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It all depends, sometimes I’ll read multiple chapters or a chapter + and sometimes I’ll just read a couple of pages…

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

If they want to stay on the 2 week release model, they need to have more content. Currently I can play each chapter this season on 13 characters in about 2-3 days and while scooting from one part to another I pull off the various achievements for the area without mindlessly zerg farming.

I can do the chapter achievements later during one of the many big breaks.

But yes, these chapters are pretty short to warrant a 2 week release schedule.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

They’re not just catering to the hardcore playerbase though. And if you consider yourself to be a casual player (Ravion Hawk) then perhaps you need to reconsider that exactly a casual player is.

The story chapters can be completed reasonably quickly, but once you factor in all of the achievements and the other content in each release it can actually take a truly casual player (which is a large portion of the player base) at least a week to complete everything.

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Good story, but I don’t think it really is being told as a “story” gets told. I don’t know about other people, but I read a story at least a chapter at a time, not a quarter of a page at a time, so I’m just wondering, is that how other people go about it, or just me?

In the United States, we are going into the Thanksgiving holiday. That’s probably why Anet make Episode 6 very short. People will be more likely to spend time with family and friends than play a game.

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I finished the story in 30 minutes, all achis in 2 hours.
Kinda disappointing :p

Too short?

in Living World

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

And if you consider yourself to be a casual player (Ravion Hawk) then perhaps you need to reconsider that exactly a casual player is.

No ill will intended towards you because that really did make me look like a hardcore player, but I get very little time to actually play. Once I found the “sweet spot” in both boss battles, I burned through this chapter on all my characters so I could go about my casual goofing off and enjoying the scenery. I don’t really care about the “instance achievements” or the area achievements. I just happen to get some of the area achievements done going from point A to point B.

Working on a bachelor, taking the wife to her school, going to client sites for computer maintenance kinda eats up the gaming time. What I was getting at is that if a casual gamer can burn through content meant to last 2 weeks 13 times in 2-3 days, the content is pretty sad. This chapter was not easy, it was just painfully short.

A true hardcore gamer would be able to burn through the content with a full stable of 64 characters in likely a week to a week and a half.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

(edited by Ravion Hawk.4736)