Trade in Frostbitten tools for Toolbox

in Living World

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

Would it be possible to get an NPC to trade these tools back in for a toolbox for storage purposes?

:(

in Living World

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

While I feel you, this is probably an irrational request. People might exploit the NPC to get only a particular gathering tool they want.

in Living World

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

While I feel you, this is probably an irrational request. People might exploit the NPC to get only a particular gathering tool they want.

How about you are only able to hand in 1 type of tool per tab, and you get a toolbox just for that type of tool?

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

At best you would probably get 3 tools → 1 organized box but considering how little time is left I doubt anything will be done about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve been tossing the boxes since I have the permanent tools. The snowflakes aren’t worth it. As many as I get already, they sell on the trading post for pennies.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think they’re be able to do it now because most their staff are off work until the new year. But maybe something to suggest for next year?

Fortunately I’d only opened 20 boxes when I started paying attention to what dropped from where and realised the tools came from a specific container. After that I started saving the boxes instead of the individual tools. Once I gave a set to each of my low level characters I only had about 12 to keep in my bank.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

I wouldn’t bother with the tools. It seems they only harvest tiny snowflakes (at least right now unless they fix that) and tiny snowflakes are worth nothing.

Just my 2 copper.

:)

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s a little late if you’ve already opened them, but I opened a couple, thought about it, and quit opening toolboxes as I got them, since they stack before you open them.

I expect to be harvesting snowflakes for free well into August. \o/

They’re good for alts, too, since you only have to be level 15 to use them. No more chucking old copper tools because I’ve leveled out of the area!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t bother with the tools. It seems they only harvest tiny snowflakes (at least right now unless they fix that) and tiny snowflakes are worth nothing.

Just my 2 copper.

I don’t really care about the snowflakes. I care about having a free supply of level 15 Ori quality tools. Which means for the next few months (probably the next year) I don’t have to worry about buying tools for my alts or if I’m using the right quality.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Just my 2 copper.

I don’t really care about the snowflakes. I care about having a free supply of level 15 Ori quality tools. Which means for the next few months (probably the next year) I don’t have to worry about buying tools for my alts or if I’m using the right quality.

Exactly.

I was buying ori tools with karma so they were “free” previously but this takes up a lot less space since the boxes stack. I plan to stock up and have enough for all year.

in Living World

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

How about instead of trading in the unpacked tools, let’s have an option to trade in 3 of the green toolboxes for 1 yellow toolbox?

This way either you take whatever RNGesus gives you from a green, or simply trade in 3 RNG chances for the guarantee of getting the exact gathering tool you want from a yellow.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I have so many of those green boxes I would even be happy to trade 10 greens for 1 yellow box. Started throwing away the green ones lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I saved a lot, but now I deleted them all and I’m using the normal tools again.

Stupid Tiny Snowflakes.

Can’t even sell them, grmbl.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]