Tsuru Whitewing - A mini? Or is it?

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

#TenguConfirmed
#CanthaReturns

Ahhh, joking aside.

Has anyone noticed a new TENGU miniature on the TP named Tsuru Whitewing?

Who is Tsuru Whitewing? I tried to wiki him, but no info.

Is it possible ANET is teasing future living world content with the Tengu?

One hint is they recently added The Tengu Wall (Tengu theme) to play in Maguuma Jungle-type zones… And guess where the new story is most likely to take place? The maguuma jungle!

Between the new unique Tengu mini and music, is it possible ANET is slowly building up for the playable Tengu race?

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but the music and mini are suspicious to me as well. Playable or not, the mini suggests that we’ll be getting a character named Tsuru Whitewing, and I’m happy just to get new Tengu characters and potentially learn more about them.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Is that what that music is? I’ve been in Brisbane frequently lately and I keep on hearing music that sounds to me like its from Cantha. I was thinking about posting on the forum to ask.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Makes me fantasize what profession to role if when Tengu are playable.. I wonder what others would choose?

in Living World

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

It could simply be a very slight node to WoodenPotatoe’s oooold playthrough of GW: factions, where the viewers chose the name of his white-colored bird pet, which happened to be Tsuru.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Didn’t someone mention Tengu getting some kind of new animations as well?

Mini, animations, music… very suspicious indeed.

in Living World

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Dare I get my hope up?

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Makes me fantasize what profession to role if when Tengu are playable.. I wonder what others would choose?

I’ll be making a Tengu Warrior and a Tengu Thief if they become a playable race, personally. Nothing really to do with choosing a profession specifically for the race, those are just the only 2 professions I don’t already have characters for.

in Living World

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

Didn’t someone mention Tengu getting some kind of new animations as well?

Mini, animations, music… very suspicious indeed.

That was back during Tower of Nightmare, and no, they were not new animations, they’re shared with charrs.

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Don’t get my hopes up!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

The music!!! I was wondering if i was just stupid/deaf enough not to notice this tune for the past year anywhere in the game, or if it was a new addition, hinting on the tengus perhaps? I remembered its title had something to do with tengus so i thought if it was new, there MUST be some reason they added it right now… maybe even if we don’t get tengus as playable race (yet!), we will se more of them on a new map – maybe a settlement, a smaller city, or anything.

in Living World

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Tengu elementalist…. im gunna show you some actual Winds folks

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Living World

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

The melody is titled “The Tengu Wall” and it was on the soundtrack since forever. It was just not used during the gameplay earlier. I’ve been hearing some rumours about improving the musical background, and tbh, battle themes play more often, and end appropriately quicker now.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

The melody is titled “The Tengu Wall” and it was on the soundtrack since forever. It was just not used during the gameplay earlier. I’ve been hearing some rumours about improving the musical background, and tbh, battle themes play more often, and end appropriately quicker now.

True, but that does not explain the mini pet. Arena Net rarely add and change things for no reason, the music and the mini is too much of a coincidence.

I am not saying `Dominion of the Winds´ but it will be interesting to see if anything develops from this, perhaps a new main character or Tengu getting more involved in world affairs.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Very interesting…. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tsuru_Whitewing

Even if Tsuru Whitewing is only a minor a character in the next Living Story (if there is a mini, I suspect not) at the very least it sounds like we will get to know the Tengu better in any case.

in Living World

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

People are getting so desperate about Tengu as playable race they really think anything related to Tengu is a hint towards there dream. This is starting to get ridiculous.

I personally don’t think it is nowhere near to be a playable race. Doesn’t add up at all since next season is all about the maguuma and Tengu has nothing related to it. I wouldn’t mind getting more of them into the game but it would just seem forced and illogical to put them as playable in the game before ls season 2 has ended.

ANet does put stuff into the game which would seem to be some sort of hint towards something but is not. The gargoyles are for one example that. They don’t exist anywhere in the game and just seem to have dissapeared. A huge mystery actually. But they show up in the mad king’s labyrinth and Anet’s response to that was something in line with. ‘’Oh we felt like it would be cool’’.

More tengu stuff to game?
-Yes please!!!

Tengu as playable race?
-No for god’s sake!!!

Calm your kittens folks’

in Living World

Posted by: Rob.4081

Rob.4081

Don’t get your hopes up people!!

As mush as I would love to have Tengu added as a new playable race; I’m pretty sure it will not happen anytime soon. Like Ouimette just mentioned, it would feel forced and not related to the LS….. yet.

Since there is a (rare) mini already of a Tengu, I’d assume that in the coming LS releases, the Tengu will finally come out of their nest and get more involved in the world, driven by the fact that there is a new dragon in Maguuma. Even if the Tengu are not part of Maguuma, they are very close to it, so I think they’ll get involved in some way.

Or at lest one new NPC who feels he must do something to help, and he comes out of the Dominion of the Winds.

If the Tengu is made a playable race in the future, I’d say it would happen in LS Season 3 or by the end of Season 2, because the race, its history and lore, should be introduced first.

I would love to roll a Tengu Guardian!! (* ¬*)/

in Living World

Posted by: dgenxp.8650

dgenxp.8650

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tengu this confirms that they aren’t from maguuma but it also shows they are not only from Cantha – so if Tengu would become a major part of the story wouldn’t it effectively be when we head to the far shiverpeeks as this would mean they have an opportunity to reclaim some of their lost lands – but it also doesn’t mean that they didn’t eventually have a perch in the maguuma jungle either – so who knows

I personally would love the Tengu as a playable race and this is nothing to do with Cantha i personally was not a fan of that region but many people are so who am i to judge, i do understand that the Tengu originally were going to be added to the list of major races – but for some reason they decided not to do it…..

Tengu Hunter for me – just seems to fit and i love playing hunter though many people dont

in Living World

Posted by: Crixler.2857

Crixler.2857

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tengu this confirms that they aren’t from maguuma but it also shows they are not only from Cantha – so if Tengu would become a major part of the story wouldn’t it effectively be when we head to the far shiverpeeks as this would mean they have an opportunity to reclaim some of their lost lands – but it also doesn’t mean that they didn’t eventually have a perch in the maguuma jungle either – so who knows

Actually, that page confirms nothing of the sort. In fact, it explicitly tells you that there were Tengu in the Tarnished Coast, which is part of the Maguuma.

I also seem to remember something about some Quetzal still hiding out deeper into the Maguuma than we can currently visit, but I could be mistaken with this bit.

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

I would love to see Tengu as a playable race, but that is expansion material, probably involving Primordius and I do not see that happening any time soon.

Tengu have always been quite liked by the player base, so introducing one in the Living Story would be a good move by Arena Net and I think it quite likely this is where we will see Tsuru. Having a Tengu opens up more choices for the writers and could potentially give players glimpses into the lore surrounding the race.

That said he could very well be the next villain, we have no real reason to believe he will be a hero or helpful background character like Magnus/Vorpp etc.

Going to buy myself the mini as soon as it comes down in price, I would get one now but unfortunately I am not that rich!

in Living World

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

there is also Largos mini
Largos confirmed!!!
:P

Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Largos confirmed!!!

I wish.

(…I really do…)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Living World

Aedelric.1287

Largos confirmed!!!

You have a point, it confirms little.

But the difference is the Tengu mini has a name, the Largos does not.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Well if we get a new area (and it looks most likely to be somewhere in Maguuma), possibly we will be interacting a lot more with the Tengu than we have in the past, mainly because of recent events. The Tengu may be isolationist but I suspect what Scarlet has done may end that by necessity. I am not putting a lot of hope into getting another playable race but if we do get Tengu, I would be very pleased.

in Living World

Posted by: dgenxp.8650

dgenxp.8650

Actually, that page confirms nothing of the sort. In fact, it explicitly tells you that there were Tengu in the Tarnished Coast, which is part of the Maguuma.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up seems my geography was a little off as for some reason I got the tarnished coast mixed up I will look into it further but until then I retract my previous statement :-)

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Tengu elementalist…. im gunna show you some actual Winds folks

Tengu wind elementalist meet Modniir Ulgoth.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Yeah, the most logical explanation is it’s a name-drop for a future NPC. The name might be a WP pet reference, sure – it wouldn’t make a lot of sense for the whole mini to be, considering… it’s not a crane (which is what I’m guessing the original was)

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

Tsuru Whitewing maybe the tengu version of Evon Gnashblade and could be our mysterious merchant we are waiting to encounter for blade shards.

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

As much as I desperately want tengu to be playable, I don’t see it happening any time soon. It’s kind of a shame that tengu were cut due to sylvari, if you go according to rumors anyways; it’s not like there’s a lack of lore about them.

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Does anyone know why there is a tengu in the Vigil Keep now?

Or has Fuji Shadowbane always been there?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Looks to me like he has always been there.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Tsuru Whitewing is just a rare, whereas Largos is an exotic:P Confirmed Tsuru as a rep for Tengu, confirmed Largos as a playable race. (Largos rep is Sayeh al’Rajihd)