Underground mordrem parts RNG

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

In my inventory I have a Piece of Mordrem Thrasher Gas Bladder, a Piece of Mordrem Teragriff Bladder, and a Piece of Mordrem Troll Bladder. I need the other half of each to complete my colllections, so I plug away with my experimental extractor. It’s now 29 breaches since I got a mordrem part I could use. I can’t remember how long it is since I got the first of those, the troll, it might be fifty.

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve my chances?

I wondered if maybe my magic find is too high, and it’s only giving me “superior” parts like tendons and spleens and those gold ones that are worth 50 bandit crests. I could stop eating peach tarts, and avoid helping with the events before the breach, to bring it down.

in Living World

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

The only way to improve your chances is to tag as many different bosses you still need parts for as possible, although people do not always appreciate that as you are effectively leeching while running from a boss that is still up (I confess I have done this myself before). As far as I know, MF has no influence on the extracted parts. If it frustrates you, I suggest waiting for the next release in january and hoping they put in specific extractors for bladder parts (which is what I am doing). Park the parts you already have on an alt that you do not need inventory space on until then.

If you have unopened parts, perhaps you should keep those unopened until the next release since there might be even more parts released then.

If you are wondering, I feel this whole scenario of hanging unto stuff for next update is getting a bit awkward, but what can you do?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Jump from breach to breach, tag all the bosses, and pray that the RNG is kind. As Galespark says, it’s frown upon. But it also increases your chances of getting the needed items.

Or . . . wait until the next release. Then, no doubt, they’ll be a device that will extract the exact item you need.

January 9th, if I recall.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Morte.5916

Thanks for the replies.

I hear a lot of people talking about more extractors in the next release, but have Anet actually said this?

How do you time using the extractors when breach hopping? I presume you would use an extractor, tag the champ, move on, and not use the next extractor or attack the next champ until you see the bag from the first one.

Is there a rule of thumb for how much I need to hit a champ to tag it?

Actually, a break until January seems like a good idea. I’m pretty sick and tired of the Silverwastes because of this, even though I really like the general design of the map.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Thanks for the replies.

I hear a lot of people talking about more extractors in the next release, but have Anet actually said this?

How do you time using the extractors when breach hopping? I presume you would use an extractor, tag the champ, move on, and not use the next extractor or attack the next champ until you see the bag from the first one.

No, just pop an extractor, run around tagging every boss, and refresh extractor every time you see a completion message for a boss you have already tagged. You just need to remember, that you need an extractor buff to get the mordrem part bag, and that getting the bag removes the buff.

Is there a rule of thumb for how much I need to hit a champ to tag it?

Doesn’t seem to require much. Some people were getting theirs after getting only single attack in (though it may be dependable on scaling. Single attack when there’s only few people around can be significant).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Morte.5916

By my (probably inaccurate) count I went 53 breaches without getting a bladder part, then 2 came at once.

I was pathetically grateful.

There is something wrong with me.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Wow, Morte, you have less luck with the RNG than I do. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

By my (probably inaccurate) count I went 53 breaches without getting a bladder part, then 2 came at once.

I was pathetically grateful.

There is something wrong with me.

That sounds a lot like me. After getting all the bladder parts, but Husk, I proceeded to best the Husk over 20 times without a bladder drop. Then, on Saturday, I got two in a row. Go figure.

in Living World

Morte.5916

All I need now is one husk bladder part. Will I get it before Jan 13?

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well there is nothing stopping you from trying it until that, and even after that. To my knowledge, the bladders will keep spawning as long as the extraction tools are available and breaches are happening.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Devs have confirmed all of this is permanent content, so you will be able to get this for a LONG time. Possibly as long as the game exists…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

The problem with this is they just add RNG for the sake of trying to add more time to the content, which is silly.

Content should be played for fun, not because you’re forced to because you’re not lucky or the developer wants to stall out something as long as possible.

I get there are people who think they earn things in games more because they devoted the hours into the collections and whatnot, but really it is silly in the overall scheme of things as someone can still devote a lot of time and still be unlucky.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Living World

Morte.5916

And it is mine bwahahah

Something like 100 breaches to get all the mordrem parts

I am not going down another hole until Jan 13th, at the earliest

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

And it is mine bwahahah

Something like 100 breaches to get all the mordrem parts

I am not going down another hole until Jan 13th, at the earliest

but you can keep a stockpile of the bags and wait until the new patch to open them :p

in Living World

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Bladders is all I need now. But I’ve resorted to stockpiling till next patch; though I don’t have near as much as some people. Since I have a feeling the RNG for the last two collections may be far more frustrating then the bladder pieces (I hope not though).

So its better to potentially have a headstart or just buy up the specific extractors for the bladder pieces if I result in terrible luck. Instead of just throwing the gamble chance away on only needing 1 type of piece at the moment.

Considering my luck, I’ve actually gotten more hearts then bladder pieces when I was opening them.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m up to 120 bags, 50 keys, and 3000 crests. I’m hoping that I won’t have to grind at all when the next patch hits. Worst case scenario is that I have 25*120 = 3000 bandit crests and I can buy pretty much anything I need when the patch hits.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

3000 would only be enough to 3 of the pieces. You are still short at least another 1000.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

The problem with this is they just add RNG for the sake of trying to add more time to the content, which is silly.

Content should be played for fun, not because you’re forced to because you’re not lucky or the developer wants to stall out something as long as possible.

I get there are people who think they earn things in games more because they devoted the hours into the collections and whatnot, but really it is silly in the overall scheme of things as someone can still devote a lot of time and still be unlucky.

But you are not forced to do anything.

I find the Carapace/Bio-luminescent gear kind of MEH, so i am not getting it, and I am pretty completionist.

Although I probably will end up getting it SOMETIME.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The luminescent gear is ugly as hell IMO, so I’m not worrying too much over it. If I happen to get them, all good, but I’m sure as hell not going to grind and lose sleep over it.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

3000 would only be enough to 3 of the pieces. You are still short at least another 1000.

Hopefully at least one of the chest/helmet sets will be earned from playing/replaying the Living Story chapter. I’m going to be kittened if I have to grind out 6000 more crests.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s 3000 straight up crests and 3000 (assuming 25 for each) from the mordem bags, for a total of 6000.

With spleens being 50, hearts being 100 and bladders being 35, I suspect I will end up with at least 6500 crests when all said and done, which is hopefully enough to buy what I need.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not too pressed to have the Luminescent for its own sake (beyond completionism), but I see there is a title for getting all the pieces, Light in the Darkness. I like that title.

So I really hope there will be bladder extractors to buy next patch, thus far I’m at .5/4 bladders, doing one or two Breaches a day (because I’m not willing to burn out). I also have to learn how to dodge centaurs to get the ascended doohickey, just waiting on some guildies wanting to work the achieves.

I was sad that I got no boots out of chests and had to drop 4K crests on boots plus accessory. Maybe in this new year they’ll ease up on the rarity?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After I finished grinding out the parts and crests from Seeds of Truth, I HAD to take a break from Silverwastes to avoid getting burnt out. >.< Here’s hoping the last 2 armor pieces won’t be TOO much worse than the last one. (My biggest fear is that the body part needed for the chest piece needs THREE parts.)