Vigil's new defense plans?

in Living World

Posted by: Cogswick.5236

Cogswick.5236

I was hanging out in the Vigil Keep, buying some of that sweet gladiator style Vigil heavy armor, when I decided to have a look around. I stumbled into our good friend Warmaster Efut and noticed they were having a chat over a map. Upon closer inspection, we see the Kralkatorrik’s minions in an offensive position outside of Divinity’s Reach.
http://i.imgur.com/1MnsiRA.jpg (image also attached below).

I have no idea if this is new or if this map has been here since day one of the game, I’ve never noticed. In context of everything going on, I do find it interesting. Especially with “E” telling Marjory that “there’s a war coming to our doorsteps, a war for all of Tyria,” and here we have these minions on the literal doorstep of DR.

Attachments:

Dr Niles Crane | [LOD]
#swaguuma pride worldwide

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Interesting find indeed, is there any dialogue from the warmaster? Also that would kinda fit well with the zephyr sanctum talking about Glint which could lead us to Elona.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Interesting I don’t remember that map, this bears further investigation!!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Xukavi.4320

So I just checked out the war room, can’t get any talk out of any of the npcs there. Only significant thing being said was Efut saying she’s a genius when she was being told that a direct attack on an enemy she doesn’t know is not a good idea

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

so this info is something new right?the map wasnt there all along?

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

This is so interesting! I wish I ‘d have one character in Vigil.
It’s weird though. Why is Vigil planning a strategy for Branded invasion? Why Branded? And why at DR? Very weird, I wanna know more.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Indeed, if this is new (I haven’t been over there for ages, but can’t remember seeing it before) it might very well have something to do with the same thing Majory and Kasmeer got from E (something about a war for all of Tyria at the door-step).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Drakenvold.9761

post screens of the Marjory and Kasmeer conversation if you can guys,so the Vigil is mobilizing,Mr. E warns of a coming war and also,Rythlock is not in his office but bound for Lions Arch..also Evon Gnashblade fears an attack on Lions Arch by Scarlet and the DO NOT TOUCH things coming up,possibly related to Scarlet messing with the magic leylines..a lot of subtle changes lately,could it be all related???

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t have the screens handy atm, but this is the reddit thread about it, which include a YT-video.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1tmn0f/marjory_kasmeer_rox_and_braham_at_the_dead_end/

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Drakenvold.9761

since the gender of Mr E is left uncertain,im hoping it is Livia from gw1,she was at some point the Master Exemplr and was alive in the book Ghosts of Ascalon and fairly un aged,hope they involve Canach in this new Destinys Edge kinda group and Mr E is indeed revealed to be Livia

in Living World

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

After having just done the Vigil storyline on one of my alts, I noticed that this table with the map and things on it are not in the instance. There isn’t a trace of any of that stuff.

After I completed the joining the Vigil parts of the personal storyline, I went in and now the map is there. Screenshots attached.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Any idea if there are maps in either of the other two branches headquarters too now?

in Living World

Drakenvold.9761

awesome investigation here guys

in Living World

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I’ll head to the Priory after I get home!
We cannot be let behind, the knowledge is ours!

in Living World

Arleii.5304

I checked the Priory yesterday, didn’t find anything special. :/

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Xukavi.4320

I checked the Chantry of Secrets, once I got in I got the cutscene icon above my head for a second then it just disappeared and nothing of interest was really found. I haven’t been there since I actually joined so I really don’t know if anything is new there. Big globe with golden lines and spots all over the place, and seems like they have news paper machines printing stuff out. Other than that nothing special being said.

in Living World

Drakenvold.9761

so whispers and vigil both seem to be on the move

in Living World

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

those printers are there since launch,I think. Only if it´s printing something interesting
But I can confirm that those Vigil maps are new. I remember some of them being there, but deffinetely no Branded and those maps were definitely not of Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: KilledByAGuitar.9178

KilledByAGuitar.9178

Only explanation can be scarlet, why would the branded attack DR, the black citadel is way closer for them if they want to kill something. So I guess scarlet portals them to DR because she actually likes cats but not humans.

Piken Square | Unholy Demise | Quaggans <3

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Uhm, could this perhaps be what was talked about during one of the asura personal stories?

In one of the asura personal stories you meet yourself from the future, and your future self says something about a great battle at Divinity’s Reach.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

in Living World

Arleii.5304

Uhm, could this perhaps be what was talked about during one of the asura personal stories?

In one of the asura personal stories you meet yourself from the future, and your future self says something about a great battle at Divinity’s Reach.

I think so, since all this Scarlet thing made me suspicious about this. So if there is connection, it is very probably that it will be Scarlet/Aetherblade/etc. But I don’t understand why would Scarlet or someone or even Kralkatorrik himself want to attack DR. (I think it may be possible that he can send his minions like this, heck they fall from sky in crystals! But this would be too long-ranged. And if not, why wouldn’the(?) just send them directly in DR? Which brings me to another question-if it’s Scarlet’s doing and she’s using portals, why wouldn’t se just open those portals directly in the city?)

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

This map has been around for a while, probably since day 1. i can’t be 100% sure but im pretty sure i’ve seen it a long long time ago. dont get your hopes up and i know i can’t prove anything but im pretty sure

in Living World

Illi.3647

there indeed was one map, but on the other hand…but as I said…was it this map and were there Branded on it? I don´t remember but it don´t make sense to me for them to be there in the past, when Vigil was focused on Zhaitan (and there are no Branded near DR ever since)

in Living World

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Anyone who knows what the symbols are?

Look beyond the obvious…

in Living World

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

I can still remember a long time ago probably months, i went exploring in that keep with some friends on Skype and we were all like; that map doesn’t make any sense. there is no danger of DR being invaded and least of all by branded, what would they do all the way to the west? so im about 95% sure this has been there for a long long time.

in Living World

Illi.3647

That´s shame then if you remeber it this way, then it´s probably there since launch.
As for the symbols are new Krytan alphabeth, you can wiki it and translate (or rather transcribe it). For example, if you take the symbols on DR, it simply reads Divinity´s Reach (that you can see by just looking on it – number of symbols match for each word and the symbols where “i” should be are the same. If you mean icons, the big one on DR is symply a symbol of humanity/kryta/DR…the smaller ones probably just symbols of other settlements/garrisons in Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Wasn’t one of the end beta events branded attacking outside DR? (or was it a different capital?) Where players became branded themselves if they died, or something along those lines. I’ll have to look for it.

nvm, it was Plains of Ashford – “The Beta Weekend finale took place on June 10, 11:20pm PST, where the branded minions of Kralkatorrik invaded the Plains of Ashford. If a player was killed by one of the branded, they would turn into one themselves. Subsequently, characters would receive a set of five skills to use and had their affinity changed to hostile, allowing them to attack unaffected characters.”

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Arleii.5304

Wasn’t one of the end beta events branded attacking outside DR? (or was it a different capital?) Where players became branded themselves if they died, or something along those lines. I’ll have to look for it.

nvm, it was Plains of Ashford – “The Beta Weekend finale took place on June 10, 11:20pm PST, where the branded minions of Kralkatorrik invaded the Plains of Ashford. If a player was killed by one of the branded, they would turn into one themselves. Subsequently, characters would receive a set of five skills to use and had their affinity changed to hostile, allowing them to attack unaffected characters.”

I have played all the betas but I’ve never heard of this. :’(

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

skullmount.1758

I have played all the betas but I’ve never heard of this. :’(

At the very end of each of the beta weekends there was a unique event. It only happened once per event, and it was usually late night/early morning (3AMish eastern iirc) , so I also couldn’t participate in them.

Heres list of the betas . The event thing is at the end of each section.

As for the map, I have this feeling like its been there from the start. It just seems like this was brought up before.

Darkhaven server

in Living World

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

The map is there for at least over a year. I remember talking about this with my GF when we played for vigil the first time.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

since the gender of Mr E is left uncertain,im hoping it is Livia from gw1,she was at some point the Master Exemplr and was alive in the book Ghosts of Ascalon and fairly un aged,hope they involve Canach in this new Destinys Edge kinda group and Mr E is indeed revealed to be Livia

I think Mr. E is probably (E)von Gnashblade

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

that beta event sounds awesome. Why has this type of stuff not come into the game yet.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

skullmount.1758

that beta event sounds awesome. Why has this type of stuff not come into the game yet.

Well southsun survival was based off one of the beta events (battle royale/hunger games style).

Darkhaven server

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Why has this type of stuff not come into the game yet.

I don’t know. People have asked. I wish big events like this would be added.

I’ve even seen people ask for similar events in WvW to shake up heavily imbalanced match-ups.

I think the Scarlet invasions were an attempt to bring in large-scale events like the Branded beta finale, and they were successful at first, but have since fizzled out a bit (I suspect because they’re less rewarding and difficult to finish successfully, now).

in Living World

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

Guys, these maps of Shaemoor have been all over the place from the very start of the game. You got them in the Vigil but also in the Charr command core, and even on the Priory’s tents.

It’s not meant to indicate anything, it’s just that Queensdale was the first map Anet worked on during the early development of GW2. So when the 3D artists needed some map textures I guess it was the only thing they had at the time. Then they didn’t bother to make new, more relevant ones for other places. So it’s just one of the two or three default map textures you see in the game, the first one being the whole of Tyria, the second one being Shaemoor, and the third one being something compltely unrecognizable (but I think the third one is only on the Priory’s tents and not on paper maps).

Nothing relevant here.