Vortex Crystal in Glint's Lair

in Living World

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

Managed to kill the last boss standing in my underwear when finished, but it was kind of cool to figure this out

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

There’s one thing that everyone having a problem with this instance needs to do, and all of your problems will be solved:

Read enemy descriptions. They’re listed under their health bars when you target them.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I thought it was a great fight!

Loved the mechanics. Granted it took a few tries to figure it out, but it was lots of fun. I liked how you actually had to think, and be aware of whats going on around you. It made for a more interesting fight, which is what we’ve been clamoring for for a long time now. I didn’t find it too difficult, after you figured out what to do, it was fun

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Living World

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I thought it was a great fight!

Loved the mechanics. Granted it took a few tries to figure it out, but it was lots of fun. I liked how you actually had to think, and be aware of whats going on around you. It made for a more interesting fight, which is what we’ve been clamoring for for a long time now. I didn’t find it too difficult, after you figured out what to do, it was fun

I really liked the mechanics too. They were new and fun. The last fight was challenging but I didn’t struggle with it too much. I did go to downed state multiple times but never once died (thank the Six for Marjory). The fight with the Facet of Light took me much longer because my mesmer does hardly any damage.

in Living World

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

Finished the fight first go. Its not hard considering everything you’ve done to reach the last boss shows you how to beat the last boss. And im a pve noob. (Protip you shouldnt be attacking the last boss. Just run the fragile buff to the vortex and avoid being hit whilst doing so)

in Living World

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I found the challenge level to be just right. I wouldn’t have wanted them to tone it down at all. It required some thinking and trial and error to figure out the various mechanics, and when I figured it out and won the fight it felt rewarding to have done so.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Just did it a second time and went all the way through. Last boss you definitely need to keep running around to prevent stuff thrown all in one spot and causing the issues I had the first time. Mobility is definitely your best friend in all of these for sure. I feel a lot better about this than I did last night when I first tried it.

in Living World

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

I really can’t believe people here had problems with figuring things out or fighting the bosses xD
Please ArenaNet make many kinds of thinking/skill based challenges for really good rewards, I will be able to beat every TP price with ease atleast and see all those unworthy players (or lazy) to cry coz of lack of gold.

This game is simple, puzzles are easy to beat in maximally 1minute of trying things out… if that’s the generation of new players in GW2 then no wonder we will never get challenge based rewarding xD

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

in Living World

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I actually wanted to make a thread about it this second. Can’t seem to figure out how to get past that gate.

Yeah. I ran past the exploding crystals, saw the vortex crystal, and had no idea what to do. I ran around bit, then headed to Google. Thank all that is holy for Google. All praise google.

I NEVER noticed any bubble at the very beginning. It was there when I ran back.

The final boss fight is typical Anet, interesting mechanic, but frustrating. Many times, the bubbles appeared INSIDE the insta-kill AOEs (well, insta-kill once you get turned “fragile”). I never did try evading through the AOE to both get the de-buff and avoid the damage, I just waited until a bubble appeared elsewhere. And many times Jory was just futilely hacking away at a crystal, rather than keeping the boss occupied.

But what was extraordinarily typical of Anet: the final reward was, well, less than stellar. A yellow carapace, meh, and some trash. Yay.

Me: “I just defeated the big boss. Fought my way through countless enemies, and saved Tyria”

NPC: “Thanks! Awesome! Umm…here’s a fancily-named chest JUST FOR YOU!”

Me: “Oh, great! That’s fantastic! Let me just open it here and…hey…this is a crappy armor piece, some mats that I don’t need, to make an item I don’t want, because I don’t want to go on some ridiculous (and currently bugged) quest…oh…and is that garbage? Seriously?”

NPC: “Er, yeah. About that…sorry…the chest seemed rather empty so I threw some dog poo in there. Fill it up a bit. Hope that’s okay? Hey, enjoy that rare armor piece. You. Are. Welcome.” <cheesy grin>

Me: “God, I wish you weren’t green so I could hundred blades you into coleslaw.”

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Yeah .. nearly the same here .. i also wrote that in the bug section that some
checkpoints would really help in such overlong instances, especially if its either bugged
or you have a DC.

I could get the fragile buff when i got the green buff first, but as soon as i had the
fragile buff i was knocked back when i tried to attack the vortex until the fragil buff
normally timed out.

Run around him so he spreads his aoes out. If the buff does go in some aoe then either leave it and wait for the next one, wait until the aoe goes away or if youre desperate maybe try and find away to grab it from the field… Dodging through might work? Or popping an invuln skill

As for the light make sure you have the green buff from the mini you have to kill. then don’t leave the green light until the vortex is dead. If you leave your green thing will be stripped and youll have to get it again

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

But what was extraordinarily typical of Anet: the final reward was, well, less than stellar. A yellow carapace, meh, and some trash. Yay.

Me: “I just defeated the big boss. Fought my way through countless enemies, and saved Tyria”

NPC: “Thanks! Awesome! Umm…here’s a fancily-named chest JUST FOR YOU!”

Me: “Oh, great! That’s fantastic! Let me just open it here and…hey…this is a crappy armor piece, some mats that I don’t need, to make an item I don’t want, because I don’t want to go on some ridiculous (and currently bugged) quest…oh…and is that garbage? Seriously?”

NPC: “Er, yeah. About that…sorry…the chest seemed rather empty so I threw some dog poo in there. Fill it up a bit. Hope that’s okay? Hey, enjoy that rare armor piece. You. Are. Welcome.” <cheesy grin>

Me: “God, I wish you weren’t green so I could hundred blades you into coleslaw.”

The rewards are fine. You get a brand new armour skin for completing the story – that’s an awesome reward imo. I bet you didn’t complain at the ridiculously OP reward from the first instance did you?

in Living World

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

Boss wasn’t difficult , just tricky. A simple mix of the last 2 boss mechanics, plus Marjory ressing you from downed state. I managed to do it with no deaths on my Power Shatter Mesmer (and yes i was denied my builds main faction = illusions). Blink is all you need (or swiftness for easier movement). I guess the zerg mentality is the reason for all these complaints …

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

in Living World

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Loved ths boss, reminded me of stuff from Legend of Zelda almost. Great job with this chapter, Anet.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Living World

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

The rewards are fine. You get a brand new armour skin for completing the story – that’s an awesome reward imo. I bet you didn’t complain at the ridiculously OP reward from the first instance did you?

Don’t care about skins at all. So, no. Not awesome imo. And, refresh my memory…what “OP reward” was that?

in Living World

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

The final fight took forever – the boss kept dropping his rings of death upon the fragile buff rings and the Vortex Crystals, by the time the death rings went away the fragile buff rings had despawned then you had to wait for them to respawn and then usually it was in a death ring……..
Occasionally you could pick up the rings and deposit them by dodging through them which would allow you to survive the death rings, but it didn’t always work.

in Living World

Posted by: Jacklinger.2908

Jacklinger.2908

I just finished this. You have to be really patient and run around alot. Mobility is super important here. My lightning flash helped tons.

in Living World

Posted by: Harlequin.8593

Harlequin.8593

Didn’t feel kitten in a boss fight being built almost exclusively for condi damage and that’s progress in my book. Here’s to hoping for more of the same, the same direction/concept not necessarily the same mechanics I mean.

I have a bad feeling about this …

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Once you get the pattern down, it really is simple. When I returned to get the achievement, it took less than five minutes I think.

A little long because the ‘bubbles’ kept spawning in the area effect of instant death. But, otherwise, it’s pretty simple once you know what you’re doing.

Yet, I will admit the time time was kinda hellish.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

(Plus on a zerker warrior I was getting him 90% down after just one set of attacks)

And here we have a core issue with the PVE side of the game.

My tanky engineer had to do 3-4 passes on that boss. And whenever the shield dropped i could not hesitate to dodge or i would be down within the second because of the massive damage the AOE did. It would not surprise me of the AOE was set to do percentage damage rather than some fixed value.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Did Majory not rez you guys when you went down? I died maybe twice during the fight and Marjory immediately ran over to get me back up.

I think she tried, but the boss was laying down those AOEs on top leading to a futile effort.

in Living World

Posted by: Medoxa.4526

Medoxa.4526

I actually thought the last boss was quite easy, compared to the second one.

:P