WTB Living World S.2 Trailer!

in Living World

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

Gimme!

Anet if you haven’t started working on an epic trailer for S.2 yet this is me telling you i really really want one.

and if the community is interested then my misleading title should grab their attention.
(HOPES)

with the feature pack more or less spoiled to my intense excitement, my inner lorehound is starving for a meaty preview of the up coming story content. i suspect im not entirely alone on this. it is my opinion that the well timed release of an awesome trailer would whip the community into a frenzy so strong that they drag their quitter friends back to the game kicking and screaming.

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

I don’t dislike that game.
I just don’t like how A-Net destroys it slowly.
There are well written critics in here and people even write full articles like by thousands of people how to do it right.
The problem is that A-Net lost the contact to the real fanbase and just interact and downgrade the game for 10 year old kids.

It concerns me a lot that the game still lacks in quality almost everywhere and
they sell an extreme loss of players as “Mega Server”.
Did you ever think about that the “Mega Server” is a word to prevent stupid people from understanding they try to keep areas populated to cover the loss of a huge bunch of players.
On top of that it is a sign of dying when the Staff sells all there shares of the company at the same time and people gets fed cheap effordless stuff like a wardrobe or new dyes instead game contend.

So don’t get me wrong, i don’t like it because i do not like the game, i write comments like that because i am highly concerned about the future of a game i really like.
especially if people like you giving them the desired response on their cheap tricks.

in Living World

kny.3789

was just curious if anyone besides me plays this game for any reason other than bashing it.

lots of new possibilities on the horizon for a game which for me at least could really use some “juice” after nearly two years of trial and error.

if that doesnt excite you and you still play GW2 (why else would you be here) then i dont get why you are still playing(other than finding things to complain about).

eagerly awaiting feature pack and any news on LW season 2. even if its just me.

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Actually i play it because of me GW1 memories believe it or not.
That is the only thing that still ties me here.
Beside that it’s a huge task to craft a legendary weapon.

And no i am not bashing it, i just don’t like the way we are gpoing

in Living World

kny.3789

i can respect that.

when it comes to the feature pack changes im 50% excited, 30% apprehensive, 20% wait and see hope for the best.

my intention with this thread was to get the community to help me poke Anet in an attempt to get more info about the new LW season so i can get a better idea of what playing guildwars2 will be like for the rest of 2014. while at the same time adding to the community buzz.

thought it was worth a shot.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I half-expected this trickery to get me in this thread, shame on you.
I equally enjoy update features and surprises, so whether or not they release a trailer is a win for me.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Eye Legend.5420

Dark Eye Legend.5420

Actually i play it because of me GW1 memories believe it or not.
That is the only thing that still ties me here.
Beside that it’s a huge task to craft a legendary weapon.

And no i am not bashing it, i just don’t like the way we are gpoing

Totally agree with you. I still hope GW2 will continue some of the amazing lore stories of gw1. GW2 has so much potential and maybe I’m just naive of thinking GW2 will ever go in that direction, but I will not believe Anet ignores the critisism the community has on the way LS1 developed.

Though, if nothing really exciting is happening the coming months (even if it’s just a trailer) I will not spend the whole of 2014 just waiting for something in GW2 to improve.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Keep in mind that some people, like me, criticise the game because we care.
If I didn’t care about the game I would simply play something else.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Well, I love the game. The only content I’ve ever not entirely enjoyed was the marionette fight (too chaotic) and SAB (not really like playing GW2, I kept getting bored with it after about 10 minutes – I appreciate I’m the only one though lol! )

Personally I can’t wait for S2, I keep checking every day to see if there’s been an update of any kind

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

was just curious if anyone besides me plays this game for any reason other than bashing it.

lots of new possibilities on the horizon for a game which for me at least could really use some “juice” after nearly two years of trial and error.

if that doesnt excite you and you still play GW2 (why else would you be here) then i dont get why you are still playing(other than finding things to complain about).

eagerly awaiting feature pack and any news on LW season 2. even if its just me.

No, alsoI play it because I enjoy the game. I’m currently taking a break to catch up on my backlog of other games…a backlog caused by playing too much GW2!

There’s still tons of potential in future content in GW2, I look forward to the journey ahead!

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

More importantly, this thread didn’t ask for any of that.

in Living World

Not sure what you are getting at.

But anyway, I was responding to this part in particular: was just curious if anyone besides me plays this game for any reason other than bashing it.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Not sure what you are getting at.

But anyway, I was responding to this part in particular: was just curious if anyone besides me plays this game for any reason other than bashing it.

That was in reference to Kurrilino, he came into this thread to introduce an off-topic discussion and he came in hard, that’s why the context is weird. There’s a few deleted posts.

in Living World

Posted by: Kyrie Dark.3628

Kyrie Dark.3628

I can’t wait for season 2 either but for the others saying this game is dying I will sort of agree with you. I love GW1 and was po’ed that they changed so much with GW2 but I’ve gotten over it. I actually like this game and after playing this I just can’t get into GW1 anymore. The only thing I wish they would bring back is heroes/henchmen as most groups want experienced players when it comes to dungeons so it is sometimes hard to get into a group so bring them back would help a lot.

in Living World

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Can you please change the name of your topic title? It’s horribly misleading.

in Living World

Can you please change the name of your topic title? It’s horribly misleading.

Agreed.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

kny.3789

it certainly can seem dead in open world, but im on a high-pop server so i dont notice as much. maybe the megaserver will help? i dont know.

i just think that within the next few months might be the best time for Anet to wow us with some clever, well timed teases and reveals. show us that “Expansion” style content is on the horizon. maybe some of the people who left in season 1 will regard it as “New” living world rather than “More” living world.

is the game dying? i dont know. one thing is for sure, i could use some more leverage to get my dungeon group back in the game. for quitters with short attention spans they can be stubborn at times.

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

People complain because there is something awesome there that has been being messed up by an awful story with awful characters. People loved GW1 & the whole tone & vision is totally different for no good reason.

I would rather they make the Living “Story” just Features, Dynamic Events & Reward additions. The “Story” has almost completely ruined the game I loved.

in Living World

kny.3789

i personally love the story and the characters. its just that the way Anet tried to convey the story and its characters was misguided for the most part. the recent patches have been much better and have given me hope for s.2.

i played wow off and on for three years and never really cared about the story in that game. the pop culture references were more interesting to me than the lore of that world. i came to guild wars two completely burnt out on wow with no expectations for the story. then i started learning more and it grabbed me.

maybe because gw2 is only my second mmo (non trial) i dont really know how good the story in these types of games can be. many of my friends have said that the main story in SWTOR was the best they have experienced in an mmo. perhaps Anet should slurp a little of their nectar. as long as they learn from what didn’t work i have good expectations for the future.

in Living World

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

I am incredibly excited for season 2.

Origins of Madness/Edge of the Mists/Escape from Lion’s Arch: This one was where it call came together for me, and where I saw that A-net was really listening and learning from player feedback in the following ways:

- Writing had improved ten-fold. Relationships developed very organically, more soap-opera elements were introduced, NPC dialogue was a joy to witness. Really improved, can’t stress this enough.

- Scarlet was fleshed out, and her VA direction was changed. The simple act of the VA changing how her lines were said, and again the quality of writing really spoke to me (no pun intended). Began to dislike Scarlet a LOT less and recognised her as having a purpose.

- The Twisted Marionette: Has since become one of the most memorable boss fight in any game I’ve played. From the aesthetic, to the sound effects (again wow, this game has a GOOD sound team), the boss mechanics, and the progression through the fight (travelling upwards to the top of the Marionette, the sheer scale was appreciated, overlooking the wintery wilderness locked in an intense battle). Teamwork was appreciated.
And again in terms of sound: https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/guild-wars-2-twisted

This is fantastic music. I like this ‘Maclaine Diemer’ character, a lot.

Fall of Lion’s Arch: Not being afraid to lay waste to a landmark was again a good idea, gave a sense that nothing is static in the game, put the ‘living’ into ’living story.

The Breachmaker: A few things here. Impeccably designed. Scale, monstrous. And more importantly, WAVES. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but EVERY ocean in Tyria is STILL and lifeless. We now have a precedent example that A-net is able to implement waves onto the oceans in the game, it’s a small immersion related thing but it needs to happen.

Triple Trouble: It was great and then they ruined the scaling on it so screw that. I’ll ignore it.

If A-net can keep up the quality of writing that was apparent at the end of the season, the soap opera elements and keep it up with the great world boss fights (Marionette, final world event fight with Scarlet), then we’ll be in for a treat. Again though the writing was what held the end of it together, so kudos to the writers. Whoever is on their team now, they should be proud that picked up the pieces as best as they could. It really showed.

\o/

in Living World

Posted by: Ironbars.4760

Ironbars.4760

I don’t dislike that game.
I just don’t like how A-Net destroys it slowly.
There are well written critics in here and people even write full articles like by thousands of people how to do it right.
The problem is that A-Net lost the contact to the real fanbase and just interact and downgrade the game for 10 year old kids.

It concerns me a lot that the game still lacks in quality almost everywhere and
they sell an extreme loss of players as “Mega Server”.
Did you ever think about that the “Mega Server” is a word to prevent stupid people from understanding they try to keep areas populated to cover the loss of a huge bunch of players.
On top of that it is a sign of dying when the Staff sells all there shares of the company at the same time and people gets fed cheap effordless stuff like a wardrobe or new dyes instead game contend.

So don’t get me wrong, i don’t like it because i do not like the game, i write comments like that because i am highly concerned about the future of a game i really like.
especially if people like you giving them the desired response on their cheap tricks.

where/when did the staff sell shares of the company? I’ve tried looking for evidence of what you’ve said there but can’t find it. All i can find is an article on NCSoft selling ArenaNet out so Nexon can implement gear-treadmils and other monetizations