Wait, that's it?

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

The size of this LS episode is exactly the same as any other LS episode, except we now have to wait months instead of weeks.

What gives? I thought you were going to give us better quality content?

I like what we got, but I am disappointed by how little of it we got.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

I would say that LS3 is better quality as they wanted it. It’s sad to see how small the update was for PvE outside of QoL improvements and Fractals. Bloodstone Fen and the story has about 3hrs content and a week or two of grind to get the trinkets and back piece. Very meh update content wise. None the less this update had a lot of work put into it. Don’t expect anything longer to be coming in the future.

I do agree with one dev comment made in the AMA on reddit. “Give it a few releases and wait until we get further away from the content drought.” Paraphrased and can’t remember the op of it, but it does hold value.

Wish we could have gotten more

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The size of this LS episode is exactly the same as any other LS episode, except we now have to wait months instead of weeks.

I like what we got, but I am disappointed by how little of it we got.

In the recent AMA on Reddit, Mike O’Brien suggested that the team was working on being able to deliver more, sooner. I’m cynically optimistic: I like seeing him write that; I like the plan. I’ll wait to see what happens before I argue that we’re still in a content drought (even during a water drought, it still sometimes rains).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

If they put the same lv of attention to all the ep, I say that it is worth the wait.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Quozex.9430

In the recent AMA on Reddit, Mike O’Brien suggested that the team was working on being able to deliver more, sooner. I’m cynically optimistic: I like seeing him write that; I like the plan. I’ll wait to see what happens before I argue that we’re still in a content drought (even during a water drought, it still sometimes rains).

I think I could see them adding more current events into the rotations between LS updates. With the previous events, imo, this would fill the gap between LS updates nicely.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

It’s free content and they want to produce higher quality work. Good enough trade-off for me.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Quozex.9430

It’s free content and they want to produce higher quality work. Good enough trade-off for me.

It’s not free content it’s included in the HoT expansion.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Flashfox.9753

Flashfox.9753

I would say that LS3 is better quality as they wanted it. It’s sad to see how small the update was for PvE outside of QoL improvements and Fractals. Bloodstone Fen and the story has about 3hrs content and a week or two of grind to get the trinkets and back piece. Very meh update content wise. None the less this update had a lot of work put into it. Don’t expect anything longer to be coming in the future.

I do agree with one dev comment made in the AMA on reddit. “Give it a few releases and wait until we get further away from the content drought.” Paraphrased and can’t remember the op of it, but it does hold value.

Wish we could have gotten more

Agreed… I was looking forward to the update and finished the regular content in about 3 hours. I am not a dungeon player so this means that it’s about it until the next update. Now I plan of bringing all of my toons into this area BUT I don’t like to have to run each one though the story line. With Maguna, I brought them in via our Guild’s Guilded Hall. For here, I need to buy an account bound item than will let me teleport them into the area. Uses up a shared slot and it costs “1000 unbound magic” from the ship’s vendor.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Okay, Free additional content, for everyone who bought the current expansion.
Better?

Free is relative.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Better?

Free is relative.

Nope, it was included in the sales pitch, that we would need HoT for LW3, so for me it’s included in the price and why HoT is a DLC season pass, and not a true xpac in my personal view. I too was disappointed in what we got story wise, and I must stress story wise. I was hoping for a longer story in this release. The map is nice, I’ve not don’t all of it yet and have some exploring to do. Only played one game on the new PvP map, have to say, my first impression is that I’m not a fan, not saying it will not grow on me, but I find it a bit messy. I don’t really play fractal’s so I can’t comment on the changes there.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Better?

Free is relative.

not to mention when said expansion overpromised/underdelivered

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Kell.9365

Kell.9365

I’m so grateful that I didn’t have to pay anything for this trash. I just hope the next expansion will be more playable.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

I’m so grateful that I didn’t have to pay anything for this trash. I just hope the next expansion will be more playable.

There is nothing unplayable about it though.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I remember alot of people saying that LS 3 chapters would be 2 – 3 times the size of LS 2 ones but it felt about the same size if not smaller.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would and the area is nice but in about 3 hours I finished the story and almost all the achievements for this map.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Maybe it’s because I had such low expectations, but I’m pretty happy with the amount of content in this release. I honestly thought they wouldn’t add another map until the next expansion.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The story itself was the same size as previous LS updates. But we got a new zone to go along with it, and a zone that’s pretty well fleshed-out and better incorporated into the LS story. And mechanically, these story missions are more interesting than a lot of the previous ones as well. The fights are more involved, there’s far more dialogue and more involved scenes, and such. So I personally do feel like we’re getting more here than in Season 2.

Is it “more” to the point where it makes up for the 3 month time period as opposed to 2 weeks? Eh, probably not. But they’re working on a lot of other stuff as well (the next expansion, raids, WvW) whereas it seems like they pretty much had everyone working on Season 2 at that point (S2 was probably done months before it released, when they probably started working on HoT in earnest). So its to be expected that there’s going to be a slowing on overall progress.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Dengar.1785

Does that mean I cannot possibly be disappointed at the lack of content?

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’m not surprised by the length. I wasn’t expecting more than any other LS episode in terms of story length.

As for the quality though, did you just skip through everything? The quality of the content put out was extremely high. The way the story is told has improved further. The writing in the story instances is utterly amazing. So to say that you thought they were going to give us “better quality content” – I believe they have and I believe what you meant to say was “I thought you were going to give us more content than you actually did”.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Moon.3041

Moon.3041

i think it was pretty good…a lot better then LS2…

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Dengar.1785

I don’t know, to go from “play the game for three hours, then leave for two weeks” to “play the game for three hours, then leave for 2-3 months”, isn’t really much of an improvement to me. You’re all entitled to your opinion. But to work 2-3 whole months on the same kind of content that they used to put out on a biweekly basis isn’t really a step forward for someone like me.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I loved this new LS3 introduction and that in itself is the problem because we have to wait so long before we get something else. I finished the story, the map, still working on getting that hideous bloodstone crown, but yeah, after that I have nothing else to do except the same, now boring, stuff I did before.

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I preordered HoT before any expectations or any sales pitch for LW3. I didn’t have to pay a dime for it; It’s free as long as you log in during the time of the episode’s release.

It builds on the mechanics that HoT brought to the table and is full of spoilers. Of course it’ll need the HoT to play it. Plus, newer users are paying less than half of what many pre-existing players for it all. The core game is now free. Stop kittening. You are only making yourself look like an ungrateful piece….

Better?

Free is relative.

Nope, it was included in the sales pitch, that we would need HoT for LW3, so for me it’s included in the price and why HoT is a DLC season pass, and not a true xpac in my personal view. I too was disappointed in what we got story wise, and I must stress story wise. I was hoping for a longer story in this release. The map is nice, I’ve not don’t all of it yet and have some exploring to do. Only played one game on the new PvP map, have to say, my first impression is that I’m not a fan, not saying it will not grow on me, but I find it a bit messy. I don’t really play fractal’s so I can’t comment on the changes there.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Dengar.1785

I got HoT because I was told there would be a season 3. It took over half a year to finally be here, and then we get so little. The fact that the devs allegedly worked their kitten off to get us this ‘quality content’ has very little to do with the reason I am disappointed. Remember that the expansion itself was also quite lacking in content.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

We got a small map and that’s a nice addition. We have a new story getting underway and that’s nice. I’m not sure I can say I’m delighted, but it met the mediocre expectations I had set for it.

All in all, its better than most of their LS releases.

SBI

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I preordered HoT before any expectations or any sales pitch for LW3. I didn’t have to pay a dime for it; It’s free as long as you log in during the time of the episode’s release.

It builds on the mechanics that HoT brought to the table and is full of spoilers. Of course it’ll need the HoT to play it. Plus, newer users are paying less than half of what many pre-existing players for it all. The core game is now free. Stop kittening. You are only making yourself look like an ungrateful piece….

Better?

Free is relative.

What? So I’m not allowed an opinion? Really? Did you even read what I said? No didn’t think so.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I know I’m supposed to want longer content but this part felt pretty tight, even the parts where historically you’re walking for a long time chatting with some character have some action peppered throughout. The actual fighting mechanics were fun this time for me, made me think a little but was simple enough to be able to just have fun fighting. There was still the cringy dialog mostly but at least there was more emphasis on Canach and his delivery is usually more mature, with sharper humor, and just more interesting then the rest. That character feels more relatable or at least more real than my own characters part of the script.

I don’t mind a shorter story as long as it has that same slpash to it that comics have, although this one could have been a bit longer, maybe stretch it out a little with some exploration to the tune of the cave system in Tangle Depths.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Dengar.1785

Well it’s not that I don’t like WHAT we got. I just do not like how little of it we got considering the 8-month drought.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

Better?

Free is relative.

Nope, it was included in the sales pitch, that we would need HoT for LW3, so for me it’s included in the price and why HoT is a DLC season pass

That is EXACTLY how I thought of it.

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

It was exactly what I’ve come to expect from Anet. Some of the QoL improvements were nice, (salvage all etc.) the balance pass was once again disappointing, and the story snippet we got didn’t feel at all satisfying.

Bloodstone fen is a fun little map, I’m interested to see if Anet will expand gliding skills to other maps in the future.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Wait, that's it?

in Living World

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Well the last time we got ls maps it was the silverwastes and dry top, it took me 1/10th of the time to finish the new map than it did them, these was without rushing and just dong stuff as I saw it.

Anet is able to make good content but they need to flesh it out alot more otherwise people will go through it in 1 week then leave the game until the next update.