Wanted: Advanced history lesson

in Living World

Posted by: General Rookie.5973

General Rookie.5973

I logged in last night but did not get an email from Arena Net about the new History Lesson of Living World Season 1. Not sure why, but it doesnt show up in my story tab either. I hope its a bug

I missed Living world season 1 and 2. I have no idea what the story is. I am missing all the lore, which leaves me indifferent about future expansions. I’m out of the loop. This sucks in my opinion. I buy a game but am left hunting down stories on 3rd party sites to make sense of what is going on.

I would love it if Arena Net compiled ALL cut scenes from ALL episodes of LW season 1 into a nice long video. This would really help me understand what I’ve missed and better understand what is happening in Season 2. I have now bought season 2, but the story leaves me scratching my head since I missed so much.

Arena Net, could you do us newer players and give us access to cut scenes and videos from old content that is no longer available? The story and lore is obviously important to you, Guild Wars, future expansion, and all other players. Its nice to see the story progress, but it leaves many of us left in the dark since this content is gone forever.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There weren’t all that many cinematics in Season 1, so just compiling those would leave with little more than you got now – and far more disjointed. Unlike the Personal Story, Season 1 and Season 2 are greatly lacking in cinematics – which was half of the complaint about Season 2 since it so heavily featured spoken dialogue from NPCs (which is unskippable).

The current cinematic and talking to Ela afterwards covers all the major things, which was the intent. Bobby Stein stated that the recap only covers the facts important around Scarlet and the biconics so as to explain the characters and events leading to Season 2, and to keep it short.

Rather than working on proper summaries, I’d rather they put the effort to bringing Season 1 as permanent content, which they’ve stated to have full intent on doing but don’t want to divert resources from HoT’s development.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

I logged in last night but did not get an email from Arena Net about the new History Lesson of Living World Season 1. Not sure why, but it doesnt show up in my story tab either. I hope its a bug

The mail only gets delivered once Season 1 History Lesson is activated (located under Scarlet’s War in the Story Journal). This happens automatically after you complete Victory or Death, the final Personal Story step. You can also manually select and activate it, but you need to be level 80 in order to do this.

If you’re still having issues, I suggest posting a screenshot or contacting Customer Service. Thanks.

in Living World

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Is your inbox full ? Mail will sit in Queue waiting for a spot to open up if it’s full. At least this used to be the case.