Weird lag

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I tried quitting the game and logging in to the area again.

Interesting it’s the same response on two different servers?

And now:

Did ya’ll forget to pay Skippington VonMcWhitelord III (of the Connecticut VonMcWhitelords) for proper access to the ‘fast lane’ for my area?

(edited by notebene.3190)

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I didn’t have any issue with lag the first couple nights.

terrible lag now, makes the aspect skills impossible to use.

wanted to add my fps is 6- 12 on highest performance. 6! ,,… it’s not even that low on zerg encounters with higher graphics set!

and more, lag on this map makes it completely impossible to play. Unlike other maps where you could kind of push through it, here the aspect skills require no lag or you will constantly be over/under shot.

Even turning the camera has latency.
oh map ip is 206:127:136:39:0, s

(edited by Taygus.4571)

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

i had no lag issues til after the update saterday, the update states it fixed lag… my issue i had no lag the so called fix gave me lag

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

.234 seems to be working for me right now.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Tried again today and still the same, also still the same IP (64.25.33.38). I wish I could select a different server – seems like I’m continually pushed into the same horrid one. Lag so bad that it ate away enough of the timer and the save the Zepherites event that it failed. This obviously makes certain events completely untenable (pretty much all the Champion events).

BTW – Luckily this time I was simply getting map completion for my PVT Warrior. Few things could even hurt the character as I lagged in the fight 5-10 seconds at a time . . .

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Weird lag

in Living World

Taygus.4571

anyone else notice massive frame lag paticularly when an even starts near you..or when the tiers change?.

Noticed a massive lag spike when tier 2 unlocked.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

anyone else notice massive frame lag paticularly when an even starts near you..or when the tiers change?.

I’ve noticed that some of the story map markers do the same thing. One of the early steps that guide you through the series of assisted leaps just before the Fallen Hopes instance is the worst I’ve seen. When this particular step updates the map/tracker, I get a second or so stutter.

I also noticed this morning that if I mouse over the LS tracker text in the upper left with that step active, the mini map green star becomes a huge white square that covers about 1/4 of the map. This white square bug takes my framerate from 60 down to 10 or lower. Moving the mouse away, and removing the highlighting of the story icons returns everything to normal.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Weird lag

in Living World

Taygus.4571

I’ve noticed that some of the story map markers do the same thing. One of the early steps that guide you through the series of assisted leaps just before the Fallen Hopes instance is the worst I’ve seen.

yes!, thats another thing, how can there be soooo much lag in instant content?? This is unplayable ):,
And I was really looking forward to it when it played so well the night it was released. (for me anyway.)

Weird lag

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

yes!, thats another thing, how can there be soooo much lag in instant content?? This is unplayable ):,

I wasn’t referring to the actual instances, but to the effect caused by the green map star for that particular stage, which happens in the open world version of Dry Top. The problem seems to be specific to that particular stage’s star icon graphic. The glow/highlight effect that appears when you mouse over the story/event tracker text for that stage is a massive white block instead of an animated ring/burst of light. A white block that seems to be a massive graphics asset capable of bringing my PC to its knees.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: cyanweapon.7290

cyanweapon.7290

Just adding my two cents to this discussion:

I’ve been having extreme, unrelenting lag in Dry Top. I admit my machine is outdated and runs on minimal settings already, but the rest of the game runs pretty smoothly in almost every situation (with the exception of certain LS instances). But Dry Top is nearly impossible, both in instanced areas and in the main map.

My speculation is that it’s a ton of ambient effects. I understand that my situation isn’t the standard, but it’d be nice if there could be some middle-ground. Maybe an option to toggle off those effects? Or if nothing else, just something to consider for future content release.

Happy to see the Devs are looking into this, either way!

Weird lag

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

Dry Top does seem to be on the higher end in regards to system resources. The large piles of broken masts and tattered sails, combined with more liberal use of particle effects is probably a big part of that. But having the game running at around 60 fps, yet still seeing noticeable skill delay/lag is almost certainly a server or connection related problem (seemingly server, in this case).

This most recent update seems to be helping, for now at least. We’re just now getting into prime/evening hours for the western NA time zones, and I’ve seen the worst lag later at night(early AM hours EDT). The previous two updates that claimed to fix this also seemed to helped (for me, at least), then the issues started showing up again and getting worse over time.

Weird lag

in Living World

Taygus.4571

Whatever was done in last patch, seems to be working. No lag here!

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I wasn’t referring to the actual instances, but to the effect caused by the green map star for that particular stage, which happens in the open world version of Dry Top. The problem seems to be specific to that particular stage’s star icon graphic. The glow/highlight effect that appears when you mouse over the story/event tracker text for that stage is a massive white block instead of an animated ring/burst of light. A white block that seems to be a massive graphics asset capable of bringing my PC to its knees.

most likely a memory leak…..no one likes that because it doesn’t matter how powerful your pc is, it’s still gonna use more then needed.
i have a pc that can play this game 3X over and still play smoothly yet i get things like that too, i just hope Anet can fix this ASAP.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Headhunter.6134

Headhunter.6134

Is this problem still not fixed i want to play this content with a my gf but she seems to be experiencing the same problems while i am not, even tough we’re both in the same map/party. We have tried several times but she always has lag and can not use the aspect crystals decently like mentioned b4 in this topic.