What are you on about, M.O.X.?

in Living World

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

What cats? What hairballs? My home instance has never had any cats in it, and it never will have any cats in it. Unless I’m playing as my Charr alt, in which case it will.

This kinda annoys me more than any more important issues people bring up. Really, do the devs have stats on the percentage of players who did take part in this cat collection thing? It’s an easter egg, it’s very easy to miss altogether (I certainly wouldn’t know it’s a thing if I didn’t frequent the forums) and it has no AP- or shinies-based reward so a lot of people would flat out not do it.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that cat collectors are a tiny minority of players in the game. Certainly not enough to justify giving M.O.X. this dialogue that just makes the old rusty bucket seem insane to anyone who’s not into cat herding.

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I get the feeling that a lot more than a “tiny minority” collect cats, but I get what you’re saying. The game kind of needs more situation specific dialogue. It’s a little thing that can make a pretty sizable difference. Like, a few people have mentioned being a human “blessed by balthazaar” (as per character creation) and in the latest story instance they may as well have been a god hating charr for all the difference it made in dialogue or story.

We’re not all the same exact character. We have differences!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

Which is strange, because the previous chapter had a tiny race specific dialog (if you are a Charr). Logan says he’s still weirded out seeing charr in the throne room, but if it’s gonna be one, he likes it that it’s you (the PC).

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

What cats? What hairballs? My home instance has never had any cats in it, and it never will have any cats in it. Unless I’m playing as my Charr alt, in which case it will.

Except these cats are accountbound, not soulbound. So if your Charr has them in the home instance, all your characters have them in their home instances. You can’t pick which ones have cats and which ones don’t.

I agree with you on the situational thing, though. It would be weird to reference cats if you don’t have any, or are completely unaware of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Except these cats are accountbound, not soulbound. So if your Charr has them in the home instance, all your characters have them in their home instances. You can’t pick which ones have cats and which ones don’t.

I agree with you on the situational thing, though. It would be weird to reference cats if you don’t have any, or are completely unaware of it.

I think the OP is saying their charr would be the cat in their home instance, not that their charr has home instance cats.

in Living World

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

It’s an easter egg, it’s very easy to miss altogether (I certainly wouldn’t know it’s a thing if I didn’t frequent the forums)

Same here. It kinda reminds me of Pepe in World of Warcraft. They started adding content for that little bird like crazy, and ended up making real plushies and stuff, but he’s intentionally hidden and (without having actually cared to look it up) I still don’t know how to actually get him.

I like cats in real life, but care needs to be made about not taking the ubiquitousness of content for granted that’s intentionally hidden.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I must have missed this new hungry cat. Not even Wiki has it listed yet. Is there a thread somewhere on the details?

P.S. I am not a cat person in RL and would prefer puppies, but hey, you take what you can get.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think there are any new cats to be found. Just M.O.X. (the Golem from GW1) can now be found in the Home Instance speaking about cats.

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

He should have been given a Fractal Cat Golem retrofit.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I don’t think there are any new cats to be found. Just M.O.X. (the Golem from GW1) can now be found in the Home Instance speaking about cats.

Ohhhh… I didn’t notice! Will have to check in again. How could I miss my M.O.X.y?

Edit: Just checked, I love it! M.O.X. now is a cat-sitter, a Zinn fan, and a juke box (some GW1 tunes <3, awwww, I miss the dwarves so much ), all in one. I would have preferred, though, to see him upgraded to Taimi’s new personal golem.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

in Living World

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I think the OP is saying their charr would be the cat in their home instance, not that their charr has home instance cats.

Yep, that was the joke. The charr home instance has a whole bunch of cats, which makes the M.O.X. monologues hilarious if you don’t have any regular cats in the instance. I like the idea of him cleaning up charr hairballs.

in Living World

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

He should have been given a Fractal Cat Golem retrofit.

Oh my god. I really want to have a cat golem in the instance now. Maybe repairing a broken cat golem in the Uncategorized Fractal with a watchwork sprocket.

Kitten.

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Since we can no longer have cats in real life (other half is horribly allergic) then having some in game makes me amused. Playing just last nite and harvesting in the sylvaria home instance I took a few minutes out just to laugh and smile at the one playing with the snowballs. Felt good to just laugh at something amusing like that!