What do you wish for in Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

What do you hope/wish to happen in Season 2?

This question was raised just recently in our guild’s forums. Before getting to the results, I wanted to invite everyone to respond here from your perspectives, but also to mention ours.

These are coming from a medium-small guild where our members play mostly PvE and do semi-regular RP. We don’t buy into the zerg mentality, we don’t believe that large guilds are the way of the future, and we do believe that socializing with our friends in game adds greatly to our fun. Fun is what it’s all about, in the end, right? (don’t worry I won’t post Colin’s smiling face). So without further ado, here is what we’ve said:

Syxx wrote

• New Playable Race – Tengu
  • Lots of new maps to explore
  • Legendary Armor
  • Better PVP rankings
  • Lots and Lots of Taimi!!!!

Ingu wrote

• Account wide commander
  • SOME kind of announcement that relates to more story interactivity for immersion purposes
  • New maps, of course
  • A new race, no specific one but a new race nonetheless

Aria (guild leader) wrote
I only want one thing….

• GUILD HALLS
    though… some new maps, etc would be nice too…

Ela wrote

• at least 5 new maps
  • story development in the style of our personal story that lasts longer than a few clicks
  • new legendary skins and new ways to acquire precursors.
  • All in all, I think I just hope this Living Story season 2 will impress me more than the first. As nice as the previous Living Stories might have been, they were lacking exactly that – story.

Ming wrote

• HOUSING
  • A New Race: Hopefully at least hinted at through the story’s development
  • A New Profession
  • New Armor Sets that aren’t just exclusive to the gem store.
  • And hopefully the death of Flax or Caudecus.

I wrote

• new PERMANENT content
  • New maps. New skills. New traits. New Fractals. New bosses. More player-developer collaboration.
  • Less repetitive reskinning. Less pushing of the limits of our ability. Less time requirement for meta achievements (less grind). Less deletion of content. LESS ZERG.
  • Oh, and less Power Creep
  • We just really need some average-friendly innovative content, like the hologram and marionette fights (with some adjustments), and less of the useless gates like Watchwork Knights that are only there to gauge whether we have “enough” players in our instance

Are you from a medium or small guild? Do you feel that Guild Wars 2 has made updates with mostly huge guilds in mind? Do you feel cheated by living story updates which force large amounts of players into one area and bog down your graphics card, forcing you to turn the settings down? Were you disappointed by something that happened in season 1? Now is the time to show it, while season 2 is under development.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

in Living World

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

Some things I’d like to see:

1. New permanent full world zones. This includes hearts, points of interest, vistas, skill challenges

2. Don’t tweak the story to add PvP or WvW. Just add it. Most people who do that stuff aren’t going to care about lore. They will be happy to have new maps to run around on.

3. Sink mutant crab island. Nothing but bad memories in that place.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My wishes for S2?

3-5 new maps
additional weapons to the classes (greatsword on my ele please, and axes on my mes )
new armor sets in game to earn
some new skills or traits
a new dungeon or maybe two

lots of lore and story

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

My wishes for S2?

3-5 new maps
additional weapons to the classes (greatsword on my ele please, and axes on my mes )

lots of lore and story

I like this…..

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

My wishes for S2?

3-5 new maps

lots of lore and story

All of this.

(and maybe some guild housing at year’s end too?)

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

New maps with all the activities (vistas/jumps/hearts etc)
All instances will be soloable (not like the last instance of the personal story—even though chapters 1-79 were-the last one is a forced group)
RNG is fixed
Solo dungeons
Gem store will offer a 200 gem purchase option.

in Living World

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

All instances will be soloable (not like the last instance of the personal story—even though chapters 1-79 were-the last one is a forced group)
RNG is fixed
Solo dungeons

Sounds to me like you want LS2 to be a single-player game. Remember, the M in MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer.

I’m hoping for more content like Southsun Cove and even maybe revamping of some Zones and current Dungeons like Kessix Hills and Twighlight Arbor. I’d also like to see at least 1 new Dungeon having to do with the LS. Make it unlockable by logging in during the 2-week period that part of LS2 debuts or by Gem purchase if missed.

in Living World

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I only wish for SAB world 3…

in Living World

Posted by: Highlord.7158

Highlord.7158

For the humans to finally stop screwing around with the centaurs. The verminous scum are raiding all the way up the the gates of Divinitys Reach, and it’s long past time for the Queen to unleash the army to kill people and break things. Even better if the other races look on with their own reactions.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

-more (or new) weapons for existing professions.

-a new hand-to-hand combat profession.

-guild halls

-a story that doesn’t resolve around endless grinding

-a way to make actually playing the game (so no rushing dungeons, farming areas, flipping the TP) more rewarding

-conditions making a bigger impact in battles

-no champions in areas below lvl 40 (so yes, permanently stopping the QD champ train)

and for one wish that could work but is dismissed every time…..
-dwarfs as a new race.

in Living World

Galphar.3901

-guild halls

-a way to make actually playing the game (so no rushing dungeons, farming areas, flipping the TP) more rewarding

-no champions in areas below lvl 40 (so yes, permanently stopping the QD champ train)

-dwarfs as a new race.

I was with you until the Dwarf as playable race. ANet killed all the dwarves in EotN.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

-guild halls

-dwarfs as a new race.

I was with you until the Dwarf as playable race. ANet killed all the dwarves in EotN.

and as i said, there is a way it could work but as i also said, it’s dismissed EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
lore only spoke about deldrimor dwarfs, Anet can’t talk about things they have yet to think of.
but that’s for a different topic.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

1) The removal of ascended gear.

2) Improvements for Ranger archery.

in Living World

Posted by: Nekitamo.4936

Nekitamo.4936

-New zones(not like Southshun)
-New skills, traits
-Expansion of weapon types to more professions
-Good story
-New dungeons, fractals

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

New cutscene type they’re working on!

in Living World

Posted by: Vylden.8526

Vylden.8526

Just one thing.

Kasmeer to be either gone or not have any speech. The most annoying character Anet have made. Her annoying voice has made me mute the story and read it sometimes instead. I don’t think I have ever found any character in anything as annoying as her.

One of them has to die at some point right? Please let it be her.

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

• New Race
  • New dungeons complete with 3 paths, armor sets, weapons, and tokens for new Legendaries.
  • New groups of zones. I want a new region or two with 4-5 zones each. Ten zones seems about like what would have been in Eye of the North (GW1 expansion).
  • New weapons sets for existing classes. Existing weapons on classes that have never been able to use them before etc.
  • Dragons. Little ones, medium ones, big ones. Game needs dragons to fight.
  • New utility skills.
  • A new Fractal or two and rewards for purchase with Pristine Fractal Relics.
  • New JP’s
  • Polymock. Where is it?
  • New PvP Formats. Not new maps. New formats with new maps. We are long overdue.
  • Give us a reason to defend the keeps etc. in WvW. Tired of taking something, emptying the supply and moving on to the next thing only to have what we took, taken back by the server we took it from. Give us a reason to defend them. Incentivize it.
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

• New zones. And not just one! Also there should be actually something to do there, give it hearts and make it part of map completion. Give us a reason to go there and complete the map. Players can completely ignore Southsun and it wouldn’t matter at all.
  • New professions. I know, it will probably never happen, but still it’s my wish.
  • New races. Same story as new professions.
  • More weapons for each profession. As was promised for 2013. Where the hell is my engi hammer?
  • More utility skills.
  • More story missions per release. I don’t want to burn through the story in under an hour every 2 weeks. Yes playing the open world content takes longer, but that’s not supposed to be the main attraction of Living STORY. The main attraction about Living STORY should be the STORY!
Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

RNG is fixed
Solo dungeons

Sounds to me like you want LS2 to be a single-player game. Remember, the M in MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer.

I’m hoping for more content like Southsun Cove and even maybe revamping of some Zones and current Dungeons like Kessix Hills and Twighlight Arbor. I’d also like to see at least 1 new Dungeon having to do with the LS. Make it unlockable by logging in during the 2-week period that part of LS2 debuts or by Gem purchase if missed.

There is a big difference between the living story and personal story. The personal story was Solo with NPC’s until the the very last part and then a group was forced on you. You have obviously misunderstood.
Fixing RNG has nothing to with solo play, nor does having more options about the amount of gems that can be purchased, if I want to buy 200 gems to get a part of LS2 that was missed, you should be able to. Having dungeons scale to solo will have no affect on MP play. Nor is asking for new maps. The only part of LS2 I mentioned was being able to buy gems at 200. Obviously a whiteknight response with no understanding of what I wrote or the game itself.

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Living World

Galphar.3901

RNG is fixed
Solo dungeons

There is a big difference between the living story and personal story. The personal story was Solo with NPC’s until the the very last part and then a group was forced on you. You have obviously misunderstood.
Fixing RNG has nothing to with solo play, nor does having more options about the amount of gems that can be purchased, if I want to buy 200 gems to get a part of LS2 that was missed, you should be able to. Having dungeons scale to solo will have no affect on MP play. Nor is asking for new maps. The only part of LS2 I mentioned was being able to buy gems at 200. Obviously a whiteknight response with no understanding of what I wrote or the game itself.

I’ve been playing GW since release(that’s GW not GW2) so I think I have a good idea how ANet does things. One of the biggest things I hated about GW2 is that it’s pretty much a solo game until Arah. Yes you can group and do the story or other dungeons, but it still feels solo. In GW ANet made it so you had to group to do the Missions(granted after adding Heroes and improving the henchmen it became solo). It was one of the great things about GW, you HAD to group up to complete the story.

I do agree that RNG needs fixing badly and there’s no reason for ANet to limit the amount of Gems you can buy. I’d actually rather they fix things like RNG and profession balance(hello my fellow LB Ranger’s) before they even release LS2.

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

fight Modremoth in open world….. we can dream right?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

- A new race. Possibly the Margonites or the Tengu.

- A new zone. Which could include the new starting zone of the new race.

- More dungeons, including some lower than level 35.

- Customizable living story spaces! Who needs one house when you can have a whole district/laboratory/etc?

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

in Living World

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I would like to see…
- No new Races (expansion material)
- one (maybe two) new maps
- one new World boss with Teq difficulty. (no standing in one spot)
- a new Guild Mission, Puzzle, Rush, and Bounties
- Amazing Black Lion Skins
- new Armor and Weapon Skins
- new Complete dungeon
- no new Legendary (expansion material)
- fixes to annoying bugs (frozen skills, wp’s that take gold but just put right back when u ported from)
- Consistency in Holiday rewards. (Keep old skins or don’t. Don’t have New Halloween skins, but the same old stuff from the last 2 Wintersday.
- Guild Halls
- Guild Halls
- new Ranger pets
- lots of new skills and traits

…this is based assuming they release exp.‘s If not bring on dem leg’s.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

more gem store stuff

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Hazzaargh.5176

Hazzaargh.5176

for Anet to make rangers better! sick of HAVING to use melee -.-

new skills?

also cantha.

in Living World

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

I want more story and some form of instanced Guild Halls, with some kind of related combat challenge. It’d be really nice to get some kind of news from Elona as well, like in the form of an invasion fleet.

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

More of the map unlocked, seems dumb having such a huge map when 70% of it is all blurred out …… More places to explore and them to fix the kitten traits so you do not have to go into higher lvl stuff (lvl 50 ) at lvl 30 to unlock them, or waste Gold and Skill points you will need later on to get them !!

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Over the course LS2, I’d like to see a couple new maps added to expand the world. I’d also like to see a new dungeon(path) added every 2 to 3 months. The situation with dungeons is just dreadful, we’ve barely gotten any new ones to play since release. I also wouldn’t mind seeing occasional new (or revamped old) world bosses, but they definitely should not be the focus as a repeating content type, they should be relatively rare additions.
And in general, story instances were nice and I would like to see more of those (personal story style perhaps).

in Living World

Posted by: Derom.1205

Derom.1205

I know its kinda stupid but i would be so disappointed if they dont make a “Holy kitten, since when are you the Pact commander?” joke with the biconics.

Learn to write everything bad on sand and to carve everything good into stone.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

- New Zones (at least 3)
- Better writing with the Living Story, less political and social themes and more adventure, thrills and suspense.
- More likable lead characters, and villains that are hated for the right reasons and not because they were poorly designed.
- Better Dungeons containing unique bosses with interesting mechanics and unique loot.
- something for the growth of my character, perhaps ranks in the vigil, order of whispers that I can work towards which gives me access to unique awards.

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

A final boss elder dragon fight that’s more involved than 2222222222222222222222.
And also ends up as permanant content instead of going away after two weeks like the Breachmaker fight.

Also, weapon and armor skins that are realistically acquireable in-game, not through gem store purchases of black lion keys, or drops that are rarer than precursors (ie Aetherpath weapons). For example, an additional few dungeons complete with Storymode/3 Exploreable modes with token that can buy these skins, et cetera.

(edited by Dakota.4591)

in Living World

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Make the personal story piece of L2 solo, or voluntary group.

Since we’re moving back to personal stories, more interaction with the new NPCs from L1.

And like the original personal stories have NPCs either base on race or class or order (race or order would be easier) as your supporters.

I liked the fact that you had the feeling of having friends along the way, especially with the mentors in the orders.

Generally more story, less just beat up the bad guy. Instances that are more like some of the hearts, where you’re doing something useful but other than fighting.

I’m not expecting full out expansion type content like new maps or such, but these smaller tweaks would fit well with what you’ve establish in the original game.

in Living World

Posted by: Hellafelon.5376

Hellafelon.5376

They seem to want to acknowledge the personal story in this Season, so I would at least like some characters from the personal Story to show up. The Orders, The Pact, Trahearne, Racial Characters, etc.

The pact was mentioned at the end of Season one, so I hope they make an appearance, and The Tower of Nightmares made some references to the Personal Story (You could fight Hallucinations of Destiny’s Edge, Your Order Mentor, and Trahearne. You could also Rescue a few people from your Racial Arc.) I guess what I am saying is that I want a more cohesive story.

in Living World

Posted by: Baktwerel.9108

Baktwerel.9108

-Playable Tengu!
-New maps, if Maguuma maps then with dinosaurs like in GW1
-Lots of new armors and weapons
-Player housing/Guild halls

in Living World

Posted by: Paraka.9724

Paraka.9724

- Super Adventure Box: The World

Essentially SAB becomes its own, unique zone filled with all four Worlds to play in (maybe more later on), Vistas, Skill Points, Dynamic Events and its own unique Activity.

- Level 80 Exclusive Dungeons

Dungeons that pressure the highest of players, unlocking exclusive skills and work to achieve new recipes for even stronger gear.

- Ascended Gear Ascends Geater

In tandem of new Level 80 dungeons, the rare drops and achieved goals push the player to further their Ascended (or Legendary) Gear even further.

NOTE: Ascended Gear still would scale like it’s original status in lower level areas.

- New Class: Monk

Akin to the Monks of old, Tyria begins anew to renew the damage Scarlet has wrought upon it, allowing a new class to step forth and begin Tyria’s rebirth in great strides.

Weapon Choices: Staff, Dagger, Focus, Sword, Scepter and Torch.

- New Race: Tengu

With the attack beyond their walls being too close for comfort, Tengu unit in their cause with the major races of Tyria to mend the scars of war. Bringing with them a new life and view from the ancient race’s eyes.

- Aetherblade Raids

A randomly chosen zone is picked by Aetherblades, attacking the denizens recovering from their previous assaults. Players band together to thwart them off and Scarlet’s secret weapons in Aetherblade hands.

NOTE: Types of attacks vary depending on zone attacked. Lower levels may be more prone to zerging for its easier access to new players whereas seasoned zones have more tactic.

- Guild Ladders

Guilds closely knit can test their loyalty and strength among themselves in a vicious race to be top Guild. Rewards come every season to the winners.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

RNG is fixed
Solo dungeons

I’ve been playing GW since release(that’s GW not GW2) so I think I have a good idea how ANet does things. One of the biggest things I hated about GW2 is that it’s pretty much a solo game until Arah. Yes you can group and do the story or other dungeons, but it still feels solo. In GW ANet made it so you had to group to do the Missions(granted after adding Heroes and improving the henchmen it became solo). It was one of the great things about GW, you HAD to group up to complete the story.

I do agree that RNG needs fixing badly and there’s no reason for ANet to limit the amount of Gems you can buy. I’d actually rather they fix things like RNG and profession balance(hello my fellow LB Ranger’s) before they even release LS2.

but in GW1 you have heroes and hencies to group with, in GW2 you ether put up with the crap others throw at you or get the hell out.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

From a pure game play perspective:

• Housing: It has been far too long. At the moment there’s not too much that give us a reason to even have this Home Instance. Please make it worthwhile.
  • Cooking or Jewelry to get bumped to 450 or so: I’ll admit it, I’m a craft a holic. I like discovering new recipes.
  • More Utopia concept art brought to life: I loved the look they had in the Utopia concept art. I do realize that EOTN and GW2 are the spiritual inheritors to it. I’d just love to see more.

From a fluff “story” perspective:

• If we are moving deeper into the jungle, I want to see the White Mantle return. Maybe not even them, but some offshoot that survived.
  • I want to see more Tengu. Even if we can’t play them, I’d love to see one join the Destiny’s Orphans (or whatever they call themselves.)
  • I want the Sylvari feared. They’re a new race and at the beginning of GW2 they were seen with curiosity. Now with the events of Scarlet and the Court still around, I want them to experience some prejudice and fear for a while.
  • I want the Asura to have more spotlight moments as well. We’re moving deeper into territory closer to the Sylvari and Asuran home cities. I’d love to see their struggles with the Inquest, Court, and even the Arcane Council (to some degree).
Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)