What does "LS" mean?

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Okay I’m being facetious here… LS means Living Story right? So when people say “LS2” or “LS3” they are talking about Living World Season 2 or 3.

Wait a sec… Living… World…. Season…

Or maybe it’s Living World… Story?

L…. S…. Where did the “W” go?

Seriously though I just find it silly that everyone seems to have adopted the initials “LS” when Anet has always referred to it as “Living World” not “Living Story”. Even the words “living story” sound weird out loud, and when you really think about it doesn’t make any sense. The reason they called it living world is because they were trying to make the world of GW2 seem alive through frequent updates and changes.

So start using the initials LW3 or LWS3 if you must! Darn… whipper snappers…
shakes stick*

/rant

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably because even ArenaNet, itself, used to use the term ‘Living Story’ when referring to the Living Story/World releases.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-living-story-in-guild-wars-2/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-26-2013/first#post1639231

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Living World = the world changes with the story
Living Story = the questline/story/the-actual-gameplay-journal

LW = the gift and its fancy wrapping
LS = the content of the gift

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

This is why I strongly dislike acronyms and abbreviations.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Jargon never makes sense to people who aren’t familiar with the terminology used.

I currently interpret “LS2” to mean “[L]iving World, [S]eason 2”, i.e. the ‘W’ is silent; I don’t really care where it’s gone.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Originally, when it first came out, ANet called it Living Story, and then they changed it to Living World. Since then people have used Living World (LW) to refer to the changes the packs bring to the world as a whole, such as map changes, story addition, new feautures. Where as we now use Living Story(LS) to refer to the story aspect specifically.

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Its not as annoying as the hipsters who keep using “eli5” in reddit. These other internet slang turned into acronyms are so annoying, if i was a forums mod i would delete there posts every time until they post a clear topic.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

What does "LS" mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Living World = the world changes with the story
Living Story = the questline/story/the-actual-gameplay-journal

LW = the gift and its fancy wrapping
LS = the content of the gift

Pretty much this I believe.
Well.. for real I dunno why some ppl and even Anet says LS2 and not LW2 or LWS2...

As Amaimon said, LW when Tyria is changing, such as... Battle of Lion’s Arch..
LS such as.. Out of the Shadows, aka a story/quest with ’’your own character journal’’ as it wont effect Tyria.

Buuuut that’s just me!
I always say Living World.. or sometimes LS as someone said above me, Living (World) Season 1, 2 or 3.
Oh weeell!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)