What happened to the "Coming in 2013" blog?

in Living World

Posted by: Valefor.3246

Valefor.3246

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/ – For those of you who never read it.

It simply lists some of the features coming in 2013. Since this blog came out the following major changes came out on the major releases (the ones that last 4 weeks) and included the following:

- Crafting to 500 and Ascended Weapons
- Dungeon Reward Changes
- Champion Loot Bags
- Account Magic Find

All some major changes, then came the start of the October update and wow what a disappointment that was, one new dungeon path and 0 things promised in the “2013” blog. Now the preview for the November patch is up (well just before November) and it also has 0 new features promised in 2013.

I really hope this new update https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-29-2013/ is just to end Halloween and we get a real update with some real features the week later because 2013 doesn’t have too long left and there are a lot more features promised for this year:

- The rest of the crafts to 500 and ascended armor
- New sPvP rewards system (possibly legendaries in sPvP)
- Scavenger Hunt or craftable precursors (possibly the same thing)
- New legendary weps and a new type of legendary
- New skills and traits
- If i’m not mistaken the council election also promised a new fracs level (this year?)

If the November patch is really this tower of nightmares then wow, that leaves 3 more patches for the year (mid November, start of December and mid December). This seems like a lot to expect given that the middle of the month patches don’t normally contain much.

Anyone else kind of upset at how the new features were rolling out and now they have suddenly stopped? I know gw2 is free to play but seriously what’s with the drop in good content/features.

EDIT: Yea I’m sure more will be added to the preview like always, just hope it’s something big.

in Living World

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

By the way, there will be 4 (5 including this Krait one) more updates before the end of the year, not 3.

I’m guessing ascended armour and the new fractals will come at end of November which will be a year since fractals was first added to the game.

in Living World

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

I’m not getting the impression that most fans even want more Ascended items this soon. Just because it’s in the blog doesn’t mean they should launch it if it’s just not time yet.

in Living World

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

By the way, there will be 4 (5 including this Krait one) more updates before the end of the year, not 3.

Where do you get the idea there will be 5 more patches?

in Living World

Whitey.6185

Well yeah, they did say the blog was just things they wanted to add before the year is over, not 100% will be in game before then.

If I remember right, someone from Anet said that a new legendary item is the most likely to not make it this year.

in Living World

Valefor.3246

I’m guessing ascended armour and the new fractals will come at end of November which will be a year since fractals was first added to the game.

How do you figure there will be 5 more updates including this one? We get a new patch every 2 weeks… been that way for months. I guess maybe since there’s 5 Tuesday’s in October we’ll get another update the week after on the 5th of November, either way that only makes 4 updates not 5.

in Living World

Whitey.6185

29th October
12th November
26th November
10th December
24th December

in Living World

Valefor.3246

29th October
12th November
26th November
10th December
24th December

I guess you’re right, they did say it was a 2-week release schedule and when they come out in the month doesn’t really matter. I guess that’s a positive sign.

in Living World

Whitey.6185

They don’t release them depending on which month it is, it goes solely on every 2 weeks no matter how many weeks are in that month.

So we still get this last one at the end of this month then there is 2 in November and 2 in December.

Edit: This month was kinda different because the first patch landed on the first day of the month which allowed this month to release 3 patches.

in Living World

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Also somewhere I think I saw a dev post that most likely precursor crafting and the extra legendaries will be pushed into next year.

That leaves ascended armor and new traits/skills. They have two more “big” (potentially month long) patches to come, but they also said that they won’t try to mess with things during WvW season 1. So if they think that new traits, skills, armor would effect WvW they may decide to wait until December to add those things.

Edit: Also if I recall, it was stated back during the elections that the three new fractals wouldn’t make it into the game until the end of the year.

in Living World

Valefor.3246

December 24th patch lol… perhaps contains everything left they promised for 2013 as a christmas present. :P

in Living World

Whitey.6185

Well I’m guessing the 10th and 24th of December patches are going to be heavily focused on Christmas (24th more so) so that only really leaves November to add some real content to the LS and like I said before, I think we will definitely see new fractals and ascended armour in November.

in Living World

Valefor.3246

would be nice to see new fractal levels for sure, ascended armor adds barely any stats though so it’s not even very important haha.

in Living World

Whitey.6185

Well we are getting 3 “new” fractals according to Anet. The reactor one that was voted for, and then they are adding the Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat as 2 new fractals which will be slightly changed to match other fractals.

in Living World

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

Looking at your list, some of those things were under the category of “working towards but may or may not happen this year” and some have since been moved to the category of "at risk of not making it this year, but heres my thoughts on it:

- The rest of the crafts to 500 and ascended armor (expect to coincide with the new fractals because its what the gear was originally made for)
- New sPvP rewards system (possibly legendaries in sPvP) (honestly no idea when this woud come, pvp stuff tends to just kind of happen)
- Scavenger Hunt or craftable precursors (possibly the same thing) (been moved to at risk but if it happens I would expect with the new legendary stuff as one big overhaul patch)
- New legendary weps and a new type of legendary (working towards but if it happens I expect it in the first december update)
- New skills and traits (working towards, but we are getting a new skill this patch)
- If i’m not mistaken the council election also promised a new fracs level (this year?) (expect it at November 12th to coincide with the one year anniversary of fractals. Also its 4 months after the election meaning theres been a full development cycle to produce them)

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Living World

Valefor.3246

God i hope they aren’t as delayed as you say. I really want the craftable precursors. I want Bifrost but not going to pay like 800g for the precursor haha.

in Living World

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

- New skills and traits

Just look at that, they promised to add new skills next patch!!…One skill…Pve heal… Oh, fudge that.

in Living World

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

God i hope they aren’t as delayed as you say. I really want the craftable precursors. I want Bifrost but not going to pay like 800g for the precursor haha.

Pretty sure a dev already said that precursor crafting and new legendaries will be pushed back into next year.

in Living World

Valefor.3246

Anyone have a link to when they said the precursor crafting will be pushed to next year? Put me out of my misery and link it QQ.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/ – For those of you who never read it.

It simply lists some of the features coming in 2013. Since this blog came out the following major changes came out on the major releases (the ones that last 4 weeks) and included the following:

- Dungeon Reward Changes
- Champion Loot Bags
- Account Magic Find

All some major changes, then came the start of the October update and wow what a disappointment that was, one new dungeon path and 0 things promised in the “2013” blog. Now the preview for the November patch is up (well just before November) and it also has 0 new features promised in 2013.

I really hope this new update https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-29-2013/ is just to end Halloween and we get a real update with some real features the week later because 2013 doesn’t have too long left and there are a lot more features promised for this year:

- New skills and traits
- If i’m not mistaken the council election also promised a new fracs level (this year?)

If the November patch is really this tower of nightmares then wow, that leaves 3 more patches for the year (mid November, start of December and mid December). This seems like a lot to expect given that the middle of the month patches don’t normally contain much.

Anyone else kind of upset at how the new features were rolling out and now they have suddenly stopped? I know gw2 is free to play but seriously what’s with the drop in good content/features.

EDIT: Yea I’m sure more will be added to the preview like always, just hope it’s something big.

I don’t recall any of these features being promised. I remember Anet saying they are being worked on, but not promised. You need to stop twisting anets words.

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

- Dungeon Reward Changes
- Champion Loot Bags
- Account Magic Find

- New skills and traits

I don’t recall any of these features being promised. I remember Anet saying they are being worked on, but not promised. You need to stop twisting anets words.

Hmmm…I bet MOST players would prefer new skills and traits and legendaries rather than SCARLET, SCARLET and SCARLET

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also somewhere I think I saw a dev post that most likely precursor crafting and the extra legendaries will be pushed into next year.

That leaves ascended armor and new traits/skills. They have two more “big” (potentially month long) patches to come, but they also said that they won’t try to mess with things during WvW season 1. So if they think that new traits, skills, armor would effect WvW they may decide to wait until December to add those things.

Edit: Also if I recall, it was stated back during the elections that the three new fractals wouldn’t make it into the game until the end of the year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Is-precursor-crafting-going-to-happen-or-not/2981770
That says legendary items … I am wondering if they went with the “safe” route for pre-cursor crafting. Safe as in zero impact on the economy. What I have in mine is that they will add a second set of legendary weapons. You will be able to craft the precursors for those but the existing precusors will be left alone. That approach would disappoint a lot of people so hopefully they have foreseen something that obvious.

in Living World

Posted by: Vetrie.7804

Vetrie.7804

I think that new skills and traits wont be comming anytime soon. Or in skill packs.

I feel kinda trolled with this new healing skill… Anet, will you release 1 new skill per 2 weeks now? Becouse that sucks…
Like Anet said, they dont want to break balance between classes so yeah, I think we can expect few skills per year.

In my opinion Anet should just finish with this Living Story and start working on expansion.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

New skills and traits i was hopping fot that but latelly i think its gona be a bad update lol, classes will be more imbalanced than they are at the momment.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I don’t expect new skills at least until december, when the WvW season ends, but they’re adding a new one next patch, so I’ll wait and see. Maybe they’ll do that, adding one new skill every update or something like that. The crafts to 500 and ascended armor seems to be on its way, since there are already fully textured ascended armor models in the game files, and they did say that the new fractals will come out at the end of the year.

On the precursor thing, I do remember a dev saying sometime ago that that was the one that was in most danger of slipping into next year or something like that.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t expect new skills at least until december, when the WvW season ends, but they’re adding a new one next patch, so I’ll wait and see. Maybe they’ll do that, adding one new skill every update or something like that. The crafts to 500 and ascended armor seems to be on its way, since there are already fully textured ascended armor models in the game files, and they did say that the new fractals will come out at the end of the year.

On the precursor thing, I do remember a dev saying sometime ago that that was the one that was in most danger of slipping into next year or something like that.

See link above!
Although I was also kitten ing a bit there. The other “legendary items” is probably referring to the thing I forgot about. I forgot about the other legendary items Colin mentioned in MattVisual’s interview(possibly a trinket or back piece).

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People do know that there is a new skill coming on Tuesday, right?
So technically that part can be considered fulfilled as well.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Colin stated in the blog that they will begin to add new skills and traits on regular base in 2013. The begin is October 29th with the first new skill added for all professions. They kept the “promise” in this case.