What is that Vine doing to the WP!

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Anyone else notice the sneaky new update a friend pointed out to me, A-net just added one of mordy’s vines casually poking a WP causing it to spark and repell it, its at the entrance to dry top.

It was “Not” there before.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

That vine has been there for at least a day, and most likely was always there. I noticed it yesterday and probably missed it the first time through because I was focusing on the story quest.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

I recently looked back at WP’s tour of Dry Top and it wasn’t there when this patch launched which means A-net sneakily added it into the game.

I get the impression this is a sign more vines will start to appear later on.

in Living World

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

“Fixed a server crash”

….mmmhhmmmm >_>

I wonder how many server crashes they’ll be fixing between now and next patch?

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I did notice a lot of updates which didn’t actually… download anything..

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Living World

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The waypoint at Prosperity dims/flickers every few seconds, too. The flicker is similar to a contested/disabled waypoint. I noticed it yesterday, but I thought it was a distance rendering bug at first, till it did it while I was standing around next to the waypoint. There is no spark, and nothing is making contact with it. There isn’t even anything moving around it.

edit:
I think the two are possibly related. Both happen at 16 second intervals. The flickering waypoint has a short flicker, then goes steady for several seconds before a longer series of flickers. The entire flicker cycle restarts every 16 seconds, which is the same time between the vine’s attempts to touch the other waypoint.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I hope they actually do something with this. it’s thing like these that are really minor but strange that give the story an ominous feel that I really enjoy

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Living World

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

It was there since the start i remember cuz i did talk about it with a guild mate when we started playing after the update

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I think it’s a sign that Mordremeth has the power to disrupt waypoints with his dragon magic.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I think it’s a sign that Mordremeth has the power to disrupt waypoints with his dragon magic.

That’s what I’m assuming, too. Maybe we’ll see some more severe effects with the next episode.

I also noticed the Mirkrise Waypoint in Brisban has the same periodic flicker as Prosperity Waypoint, along with a buzz/zap sound.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

The waypoints are made by the Asura if I’m not mistaken, which use ‘magic technology’. It could be that the vines are attempting to drain magic from the waypoint machinery? That’s a nice detail, I hadn’t noticed it myself but I will check it out later.

in Living World

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

clearly they will be introducing mounts soon after the waypoints dont work anymore :/

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

I’m sure this vine wasn’t there before! Really interesting. Things like these make me love the game even more!

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

So does that mean that “fixed a server crash” is equivalent to “we put in some random new stuff”?
Or can they do that without patching?

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

There is a even bigger alive vine under the wp..

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I just noticed that outside they appear to be moving. Makes you wonder, if they’re attached to Mord just how big this guy is. Hope it’s really big!

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I just noticed that outside they appear to be moving. Makes you wonder, if they’re attached to Mord just how big this guy is. Hope it’s really big!

And you just made me realize how we’re going to kill Mordremeth. You remember how we destroyed the Tower of Nightmares with that anti-toxin needle thing? I expect a similar destruction method for the dragon…now if only we could be pulled into the Mists to destroy its soul to end it permanently. <_<

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

“Fixed a server crash”

….mmmhhmmmm >_>

I wonder how many server crashes they’ll be fixing between now and next patch?

I assume they were fixing bugs server-side, so you’d just relog to switch to the patched server.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

And you just made me realize how we’re going to kill Mordremeth. You remember how we destroyed the Tower of Nightmares with that anti-toxin needle thing? I expect a similar destruction method for the dragon…now if only we could be pulled into the Mists to destroy its soul to end it permanently. <_<

I actually don’t want us to kill it. I’m hopping that when it’s defeated it ends up falling back into another deep slumber.

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Or that the vines will eventually wind up spreading via the WP’s…

in Living World

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Mounts confirmed!

in Living World

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Mounts confirmed!

Half Life 3 Confirmed!

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

Its worth noting that In Scarlet's laboratory you find a piece of scrap paper detailing "note to self, create mobile way point". In my opinion, this could be a foreshadowing of what is to come.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I noticed there are some of those purple-glowing vines in Brisban, as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

It was “Not” there before.

I’m sure this vine wasn’t there before!

Sorry guys, but it’s been there since the patch was first applied on July 1.

I’d like to prove it to you, but it’s just my word against yours, and apparently you’re pretty sure it’s new.

The best I can do is link this reddit thread from more than 3 days ago that specifically mentions this WP-molesting vine.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you read the notes in Scarlets Lair it mentions having mobile waypoints…could be a sign of things to come in the near future.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Its worth noting that In Scarlet's laboratory you find a piece of scrap paper detailing "note to self, create mobile way point". In my opinion, this could be a foreshadowing of what is to come.

I think that’s about the aether portals. Part of the living story not long after the Aetherblades were introduced was about figuring out how Scarlet and her forces could teleport around seemingly at will.

Remember that room is from Scarlet’s early days, when she was just a student, so everything in there is from before Season 1.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I found a youtube review of the update that clearly shows no vine at the first WP on day 1. Here’s a screenshot from it.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Remember Zhaitan and his ability to eat magic with the Mouths?

Well these thorn vines may serve Mordremoth the same way the Mouths served Zhaitan being a extension of himself used to feed on Magic but through a method like how plants feed on water.

in Living World

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Just thought I’d let you all know I found this in Skrittsburgh in Brisban, Tunnels Waypoint a few minutes ago. I think the vines have started spreading out of Dry Top

EDIT: Just found the Ulta Metamagicals WP is flickering the same way as the one in Prosperity

Attachments:

(edited by Headcase.4618)

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Just thought I’d let you all know I found this in Skrittsburgh in Brisban, Tunnels Waypoint a few minutes ago. I think the vines have started spreading out of Dry Top

EDIT: Just found the Ulta Metamagicals WP is flickering the same way as the one in Prosperity

Well that’s quite interest now that I think about it. Though I figured the Eternal Alchemy was in some way connected with the Ley Lines and since it was through the Breachmaker striking the Ley Lines that awoke Mord, I wonder what’s in store. What makes Mord different than the others besides it being flora-based and all that jazz.

The large thorns in Brisban with a purple tip seem to move too freely for a thing that’s supposed to be composed of heavy vegetation. Here’s to hopping Mord is truly big and when he rises up he leaves a crater for us to traverse.

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I’m not sure if it was there before, but now there is a vine right next to the waypoint you mentioned.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

They tangle around the waypoints as well now

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

I’m pretty sure it’s nothing new by now, but I logged in today with one of my alts in Kessex Hills, and noticed for the first time myself that the Kessex Haven Waypoint is flickering and making weird buzzing noises like when a lightbulb is about to expire.

EDIT: The Delanian Waypoint, however, seems to be working fine.

(edited by Arctinus.7824)

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

They tangle around the waypoints as well now

Yeah and they are have new locations in Brisband Wildlands

in Living World

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

I’m pretty sure it’s nothing new by now, but I logged in today with one of my alts in Kessex Hills, and noticed for the first time myself that the Kessex Haven Waypoint is flickering and making weird buzzing noises like when a lightbulb is about to expire.

There’s going to be a vine right next to it, i guarantee it :P

in Living World

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

There’s going to be a vine right next to it, i guarantee it :P

Yep there’s a vine there now.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

in Living World

Posted by: LadyGiselda.7956

LadyGiselda.7956

Vines everywhere … Maybe this is going to be an invasion equal as scarlet did with the aetherblade pirates.

in Living World

Posted by: Fawx.9064

Fawx.9064

This is amazing.

Rotate Harder [rH]
Possibly the worst chronotank EU.

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

That’s what I’m assuming, too. Maybe we’ll see some more severe effects with the next episode.

Vine mounts confirmed?

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Fawx.9064

Fawx.9064

The vine is actually choking the WP. The thing is shooting sparks.

Attachments:

Rotate Harder [rH]
Possibly the worst chronotank EU.

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

This is amazing.

I totally agree with that. The world just feels so much more alive this way, way to go Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I just checked and the flickering is up to earthworks camp waypoint, so it’s actually expanding pretty rapidly.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

The vine is actually choking the WP. The thing is shooting sparks.

For people that haven’t seen it in person yet, since it’s hard to see in a still picture, but there are blue motes winding down the vine from the waypoint. I think its safe to say that the vine is siphoning magic from them now.

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Attached is the path. Some of them i notice are flickering, some aren’t but have vines and some have both the flicker and the vine.

Attachments:

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Attached is the path. Some of them i notice are flickering, some aren’t but have vines and some have both the flicker and the vine.

Judging by the teaser trailer, I would imagine those vines are snaking their way to Timberline Falls.

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Pretty much pointing to Lion’s Arch, where the Breachmaker disturbed the ley line. I wonder if the next map we get is the one between LA and Kessex hills, and not the rest of Dry Top.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Living World

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

Pretty much pointing to Lion’s Arch, where the Breachmaker disturbed the ley line. I wonder if the next map we get is the one between LA and Kessex hills, and not the rest of Dry Top.

Maybe now we’re able to see how the ley line continues, the vines seem to follow it.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

When it went through Fort Salma there was only one thing I could think of:

Tell me you didn’t see the same.

It appears the vines are traveling towards Lions Arch where the source of the “layline” disruption came from.

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

Uh… something wrong with the topic?

Edit: NVM just didn’t seem to show my post on the previous page but anyway, check the previous page bottom post for my thoughts on that! But yeah it looks like this is gonna be baaaaaaad.