What might you want, story-wise?

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

N’kay, so what do you want? I’m not talking about new zones, or an expansion, or Trahearne dead. No, I’m talking about things that are part of the story and not things you don’t want and are unlikely to happen. Just little nods in the direction you hope for the story to touch or use some time.
Examples:
I want a bad-kitten norn mesmer as a main antagonist.
I want a sylvari that uses just plant magic.
I want tengu to have their own samurai/ninja-based skills when they’re introduced[not as Playable Characters, just as a spotlight of a story]
Orr to be cultivated[eventually] and become more livable.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I want villain and hero Balkanization.
I don’t want one big villain, but rather smaller powers trying to take each other on and eventually bigger powers rise from this.

Examples:
Commander Samuelsson, descendant of Ascalonian Kings, faces trouble within his borders. Former Ebon Vanguard are willing to break up the truce by impersonating Fallen Angels. Under the guise they plan on attacking the Queen.

People loyal to the queen want to quickly shut down the Asura gate, temporarily, so the traitors can be rounded up. Those not loyal to the queen support the notion in order to weaken her power base with the public and foster hatred within Ebonhawke walls.

The heroes (us) have to shut this down before the gate shuts, allowing Charr seps a chance to attack.

A Sylvari hero emerges from the Tree after Scarlet’s fall.
Where he saw her hands of fire tear into Tyria, he will become a calm wind which cools the tempers of others.

He has heard of our stories from the Mother, honored that we would help him.
The hero is available for Maguuma and possibly Norn areas most of the time due to his travels.

Basically I want heroes and foes that “own” a section of the maps. Sure we might see them elsewhere from time to time, but that specific person isn’t responsible for every good or bad thing that occurs everywhere.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

in Living World

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

I want PERSONAL STORY to continue and lead back to our racial origins. Yes, I’m a sylvari who really wants to find out about that other mother tree somewhere out there, and find my mysterious brothers and sisters, living somewhere else. It can even be an underground tree in a gigantic cave, so people won’t complain about “why new maps, why not new armor tier blabla”. If it’s under an existing map it’s not an entirely new one ^^. Hah, just kidding.

Don’t you dare to place it in some cave.
Don’t you dare.

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

the initial choices we made that didnt came to fruition should by now
order missions and advancing their ranks and story
there was a criminal guild that was supposed to be a menace,they are in game and you can challenge them but not much more,im sure a lore wiz kid will give you guys the name of the guild,it was latin i think
what i want is compelling story and gritty fantasy..not this child play of Scarlet and black and white motives

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d live all the plot lines left dangling at the end of guild wars beyond/eye of the north to be finished.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I would like to see more mature content. (not sexual)
I would like to see a serious villian, or organization. Enough dragons.
I would like to see simultaneous living world events, not related to each other (or very minimal realtional plots), and spread out through two or three zones.
I would like to see guild wars 1 lore, and it’s many factions and stories tied into the new world.
etc..