What's about Kralkatorrik??

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

We’ve heard of Balthazar who wants consume the Dragons’ magic. But we are heading to the Crystal Desert- the territory of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik who the Destiny’s Edge fought with few years ago.

But it’s surprising that Kralkatorrik isn’t the equal villain as Balthazar.

We saw some pics of Branded and the dragon thingy but no sign of Kralkatorrik itself.

I hope we’ll get another trailer (maybe 1-2 weeks before release of PoF) who will show Kralkatorrik (something like the concept teaser before HoT).

We’ll see.

But out of topic- I hope Aurene Mount will be added in the future. That’d be cool.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Aurene mount would be a complete immersion breaker. Since other players are all other adventurers, having them all run around on a unique NPC, one of which appears vital to the future (and who’s life shouldn’t be considered frivolous enough to be a meat shield for us) would show utter disregard.

As for Kralk, well I don’t think it’s a case of him not being made out as an equal villain. He;s just not the focal villain. That’s very different at this stage.
Some thing are better when saved for a big moment. Elder Dragons are one of them.

The Crystal Desert and Elona will have 3 major villains in Balthazar, Palawa Joko and Kralkatorrik. Clearly Balthazar will play the most significant role since he is the reason we are going there and is the most immediate threat, but the other two will feature prominently as well. Hopefully the story will really fill out with so much there for the writers to draw from and not skip through quickly like HoT did.

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

We’ve heard of Balthazar who wants consume the Dragons’ magic. But we are heading to the Crystal Desert- the territory of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik who the Destiny’s Edge fought with few years ago.

But it’s surprising that Kralkatorrik isn’t the equal villain as Balthazar.

We saw some pics of Branded and the dragon thingy but no sign of Kralkatorrik itself.

I hope we’ll get another trailer (maybe 1-2 weeks before release of PoF) who will show Kralkatorrik (something like the concept teaser before HoT).

We’ll see.

But out of topic- I hope Aurene Mount will be added in the future. That’d be cool.

Primordus and Jormag are also equal villains yet we “saved” them. Not sure what your point is.

And NO to Aurene mount! Terrible idea.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I’m sure we will at some point ride Aurene. In a story instance. Definitely not open world.

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’m sure we will at some point ride Aurene. In a story instance. Definitely not open world.

You’re sure? I hope you’re wrong. The dragons are terrible forces of nature, not mounts for us. And there would be no precedent – any time an NPC has special travel methods in-game, they always say they will meet us at the destination. I don’t know how many times I’ve said to myself “I would be fine with you taking me with you”.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I think it’ll happen at some point (maybe, even likely, not in PoF), and likely in a finale fight.

Definitely not in the manner of regular mounts with skills locked out, and maybe we don’t even control the flight. Similar to (but faaaar more active than) the airship in VoD.

in Living World

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

The new map shows Kralkatorrik has moved since its fight with Destiny’s Edge. That was about 7 years from the current events of GW2. It now looks to be in the heart of Vabbi.

Warning: LWS3 Spoiler ahead, read at your own risk.
With Primodrous and Jormag, we learned killing dragons is bad. Aurene absorbed a good deal of Mordremoth's power, just as Tequatl did with Zhaithan's. Releasing so much magic into the ley lines of Tyria would result in the entire planet's destruction. We have to find a way to siphon their power into a safer host before we can truly be done with all of the Elder Dragons.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think it’s meant to be that implied that Kralkatorrik is “another major villain”. In the teasers, we’re told there are three primary factions in Elona/Crystal Desert: Forged, Awakened, and Branded. That puts Balthazar, Joko, and Kralkatorrik all on par to each other in terms of importance in the same respect as the Itzel/Nuhoch, Chak, and mordrem were in HoT.

As to the Aurene mount: it’s ‘probable’ we’ll ride her as a story-only mount. But in the argument of “immersion breaking” – there’s only one Caladbolg, but now everyone can wield it at the same time.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

After seeing Wyvern Mount I am much more convinced about Aurene Mount.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Since we now have our good aurene we could help her to clean the mind of the mad elder dragons, so that they become the new gods….. (i like dragons…killing zhaitan was one of the things that i dont wanted to do…but: we just have one of his tails in durmand… maybe we just stole all his magic and now he is weak and sleeping somewhere?)…

Anyway: an aurene mount would be impossible to implement…since the story just have 1 aurene….and when every player has an aurene mount…..well then asura are gone mad and have cloned her to be like a golem army….

Also i am still waiting for miniatures of: the shatterer, claw of jormag and shadow of the dragon…..since we have an miniature of Tequatl…. and i really want a mini from each dragon champion… (ok…and maybe from the elder dragons..like an asura have cloned a mini version of them….)…