What's the point with Dragon's Watch?

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

SPOILER
Do not read unless you have completed new episode!!
You have been warned...

Yes, here we go with another thread like this!
Now, what is the point for having this little Guild of our ’’Dragon’s Watch’’ anyway?
Since Braham is still in PMS-mode and decided to gather some Norns under the name of Destiny’s edge to kill Jormag bla bla bla....

-Rox of course following him around, though I couldn’t care about her anyway since who cares about Rox anyway lol.
-Zojja is still recovering from her injuries.
-Eir is dead (biggest mistake for killing our lovely Eir...!!!!! Rip Eir,)
-Logan wont join us since he might become Pact Marshal and decide to do something on his own.
-Canach is finally free from Anise and also abandon our invitation to our little Guild and want to aswell as Logan, do something on his own.
-Marjory basically gave us the middle finger when we asked her if she wanted to join.
-Kasmeer is still MIA and wont probably join us neither since she’ll stick with Marjory most likely.

-Taimi So back to the annoying little Asura who never can shut up with her random bs, god I hate Taimi so much, I really do hope she'll get infected with some Dragon virus and we have to kill her off... urghhhhh, sorry Taimi-lovers but she is SOO kittening kitten annoying. has joined our Guild.
-Caithe joined our Guild aswell( If I am correct, last time we saw her we asked her aswell in the Golden City and she agreed to join ).
-Rytlock has also joined(?) Still unsure with his reply when the ’Commander’ asked him to join..

Since we’re the Guild leader for this crappy Guild, let’s just abandon it, shall we?
Maybe it’s time to introduce new allies?
Maybe it’s time for someone else to be the leader?
MAYBE ’the commander’ (aka us) decides to go solo??

Also, since we’re no longer a REAL commander for the Pact, could we get another surname?

Share your thoughts below,
PS. Please no keyboard-warrior battlefield drama here, thanks!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)

in Living World

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

Think it’s to remind the player that everything is falling apart, and nobody think of you as THE hero anymore.
Braham doesn’t listen to you.
Rox simply follows Braham.
Taimi is in her little bunker and couldn’t care less about what happens outside.
Logan, well he’s Logan.
Rytlock, sure he’s in the guild, but never to be seen around.

So the guild is mainly the player character entering damage control i’d say.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Aside from some snark I could put about player’s actual guilds being this broken, I think it will serve a purpose.

Destiny’s Edge was broken after Snaff’s death. This guild didn’t suffer such a moment, but rather drifted apart due to life just getting in the way. When the new expansion rolls around, I bet a portion of that will be dedicated to building up the guild again, thus giving new players a chance to “meet” these characters again. Some debuted during LS1, it isn’t like you can replay a lot of that anymore.

Either that or we’ll have a rotating cast of characters for this guild as the game continues.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Matt Cole.2680

Matt Cole.2680

I’m guessing they’re tearing everyone apart so they can make a reason for us to all come back together and have us “save the day” in the grand scheme of things.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s two things. One is to give the biconics a reason for being in the story so often (they weren’t prominent enough on their own to be as prevalent as they were in the story) but also, and primarily imo, to be the replacement for the Pact.

I suspect the writers really didn’t want to tell the story through the lens of the Pact as the primary protagonists (why they couldn’t just make Dragon’s Watch an elite team within the Pact I don’t know) so they sidelined the Pact in Season 1 and 2, they decimated the Pact in HoT and they had us officially leave our role in the Pact in Season 3.

Dragon’s Watch or Destinty’s Edge (if we ever just take on that mantle) is set up for expansion 2’s story. Now that the White Mantle threat is largely resolved, the story will likely move more towards dragons an Dragons Watch again.

in Living World

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I think it’s the GAME asking you that question. You get a sense of it at the beginning when you speak with Jennah. You’re all like, “WTF. I can’t do this Dragon’s Watch thing, it’s like herding cats!” Jennah’s like, “Psh! You guys got it easy!”

Taimi, YES. I agree with you. She’s annoying! Cute, but annoying!

in Living World

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

SPOILER
Do not read unless you have completed new episode!!
You have been warned…

Yes, here we go with another thread like this!
Now, what is the point for having this little Guild of our ’’Dragon’s Watch’’ anyway?
Since Braham is still in PMS-mode and decided to gather some Norns under the name of Destiny’s edge to kill Jormag bla bla bla….

-Rox of course following him around, though I couldn’t care about her anyway since who cares about Rox anyway lol.
-Zojja is still recovering from her injuries.
-Eir is dead (biggest mistake for killing our lovely Eir…!!!!! Rip Eir,)
-Logan wont join us since he might become Pact Marshal and decide to do something on his own.
-Canach is finally free from Anise and also abandon our invitation to our little Guild and want to aswell as Logan, do something on his own.
-Marjory basically gave us the middle finger when we asked her if she wanted to join.
-Kasmeer is still MIA and wont probably join us neither since she’ll stick with Marjory most likely.

-Taimi So back to the annoying little Asura who never can shut up with her random bs, god I hate Taimi so much, I really do hope she'll get infected with some Dragon virus and we have to kill her off... urghhhhh, sorry Taimi-lovers but she is SOO kittening kitten annoying. has joined our Guild.
-Caithe joined our Guild aswell( If I am correct, last time we saw her we asked her aswell in the Golden City and she agreed to join ).
-Rytlock has also joined(?) Still unsure with his reply when the ‘Commander’ asked him to join..

Since we’re the Guild leader for this crappy Guild, let’s just abandon it, shall we?
Maybe it’s time to introduce new allies?
Maybe it’s time for someone else to be the leader?
MAYBE ‘the commander’ (aka us) decides to go solo??

Also, since we’re no longer a REAL commander for the Pact, could we get another surname?

Share your thoughts below,
PS. Please no keyboard-warrior battlefield drama here, thanks!

I agree with some of the things you said, I for one hate eir most of the character in desinty edge didnt even have much presents through your own ps unless you did the dungeon story lines( haha) so her death didnt do kitten for me. Tami is like the best guild mate you got, However you are right so far we got Tami, commander and rytlock in our guild and that is about it.
THe other thing i hate is how the commander is feeling bad for what half this kitten is not our fault Braham being upset about his mommy dies umm first off she was with Leaf head when he fired cannon randomly into a jungle that and got killed by another leaf head wtf do I got to be sorry about how about you take it up with the salad that killed her oh thats right we already murdered her and Marjory giving us the middle finger would of been the end of her being in my mother kittening guild you are consider the commander only to have you leadership challenged when you tell you guildmates what to do. What is the point of this guild? why do the writing keep making organizations just to rip them apart you got destiny edge failure of a guild the pact and now dragon watch with got established during this season and already fell apart didnt even have time to become full part of the story so yeah i agree