What time will Crack in the Ice be released?

in Living World

Posted by: Ceddwen.7260

Ceddwen.7260

Does anyone know?
I’m assuming (for no particular reason) that this will be for prime US time, so the UK should get it around midday?

in Living World

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Aint it usualy around 5-6pm for eu?

in Living World

Ceddwen.7260

uh yes – I think I got my times back to front …

in Living World

Ceddwen.7260

6pm eu = around midday US

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Baseline seems to be around 9 am Pacific (ANet time); very rarely it happens earlier, occasionally it comes later. I think once or twice it’s been more like 4 pm Pacific. But as a rule, the window seems to be noon to 2 pm Pacific.

“6pm eu = around midday US”

Keep in mind that the US as a whole spans 6 or 7 hours from Hawaii to the east coast, depending on time of year. Even if you stick to the main continent, there’s still 3 hours difference coast to coast. And I believe Europe also has a few time zones, right? So that statement is a tad overbroad to rely on.

(edited by Donari.5237)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^I think you meant nine to 2pm Pacific. Or maybe noon to 2pm Eastern. ; )

The patches usually drop around 9am to 10am PST. At least, recently.

Who knows what might happen on a Monday, though.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Nearly all releases scheduled for Tuesdays appeared near 9 am Pacific Time (UTC-8, i.e. local to ANet). Some happened between 10 am-3pm and a few after 4 pm.

However, ANet never announces the time in advance. There are too many things that could happen last minute that might affect the timing.

tl;dr good chance it will be 9 am pacific; don’t bet on it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Donari.5237

Thanks, Cedo, I was doing my best not to put it in my own eastern times and I dropped a stitch there. Yeah, call it nine to eleven am Pacific.

IWN has a good point about Monday making it unusual enough that we can’t really predict. I’ll just log in to game once I’m awake and fed and, I dunno, gather elder wood or something until the build drops.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks, Cedo, I was doing my best not to put it in my own eastern times and I dropped a stitch there. Yeah, call it nine to eleven am Pacific.

IWN has a good point about Monday making it unusual enough that we can’t really predict. I’ll just log in to game once I’m awake and fed and, I dunno, gather elder wood or something until the build drops.

What I do is to expect a release by 5 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8) and hope for ~9 am. That way, my computer can grab an update if it’s available and I’m not frustrated by waiting if it’s not available.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Ceddwen.7260

Baseline seems to be around 9 am Pacific (ANet time); very rarely it happens earlier, occasionally it comes later. I think once or twice it’s been more like 4 pm Pacific. But as a rule, the window seems to be noon to 2 pm Pacific.

“6pm eu = around midday US”

Keep in mind that the US as a whole spans 6 or 7 hours from Hawaii to the east coast, depending on time of year. Even if you stick to the main continent, there’s still 3 hours difference coast to coast. And I believe Europe also has a few time zones, right? So that statement is a tad overbroad to rely on.

Just checked and apparently Pacific time right now is 8 hours behind GMT. It’s 05:19 Pacific and 13:19 GMT. I thought it was 6 hours – must have been looking at a different zone.

This release is on Monday (not Tuesday) which I thought was slightly unusual – but good as I have the day off work!! This is why I was wondering what time the release might be. The earlier it is, the more time I get to play before I have to go to bed to get up the next day for work.

in Living World

Ceddwen.7260

6pm eu = around midday US

sorry – I should have been more specific and quoted a zone not just US

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

so its 9am pacific the time when they usually release thy updates? what time is not (pacific)

in Living World

Donari.5237

so its 9am pacific the time when they usually release thy updates? what time is not (pacific)

At this very moment it is 9 am Pacific. My waiting commences

in Living World

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

here is a preview of gw1 https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Drakkar_Lake.jpg from eye of the north! i am just as excited about release time as all of you are! but patient an maybe it will come out faster!!

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

“Soon”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: superveemon.6738

superveemon.6738

The patch will arrive “soon”

-Seis Burntheart, 2016-

XD

in Living World

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

WERE WAITING ;p

Attachments:

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|