What will Scarlet find beneath LA?

in Living World

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

[Speculation thread begin! 5 days left!]

What do YOU think is beneath Lion’s Arch? Please weigh in with what you think is going to happen in 5 days. Because we all know this is leading to something big and it doesn’t matter how crazy or insane your idea is, let’s see what we can come up with.

And why do you think it’ll happen?

(I am contemplating adding a prize for the closest/first idea that ends up being true, or as close as possible to the truth on the 5th!)

Let the insanity begin!

-

Personally, I feel like it will either be one of the following:

1) Abaddon (Abaddon being hinted at, despite how many times it is said he was defeated entirely)
2) Mordremoth (the Pale Tree, Malyck, the Nightmare Court, Caithe’s secret, Scarlet’s poison, and the truth that Sylvari SHOULD have been Mordremoth’s dragon minions and could still become them if Modremoth isn’t stopped)
3) Bubbles (Karka invasions, zone blue in the Infinity Coil, and who wouldn’t want to find Bubbles?)

And if Abaddon is truly gone and the wool isn’t being pulled over our eyes. (Everything can be set in stone… until someone decides it shouldn’t be anymore.) Then…

4) Dhuum (because if Abaddon is gone, and Menzies is still free and alive… then only Dhuum is trapped)

5) A Bloodstone. Lion’s Arch was afterall the seat of King Doric, and the Bloodstones were sealed with Doric’s blood. Two of the Bloodstones’s locations are still unaccounted for.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Living World

Posted by: Kanenas.4906

Kanenas.4906

My theory can be found here . I agree with you about the bloodstones and Abaddon.

Nobody is bad by nature

in Living World

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I go with zaithan since I want a rematch with him after the first disappointment fight.
And it would explain tequatls power increase.

But I think what scarlet really want is the dragons energy and she will become the tree of nightmares. A anti pale tree.

(edited by Balsa.3951)

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Whatever it is, it isn’t going to save this train wreck of a story, no matter how flashy or impressive it looks.

I’ll just be glad when Scarlet is gone and this awful plot has come to an end.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

1) Abaddon (Abaddon being hinted at, despite how many times it is said he was defeated entirely)

Abaddon is never hinted at. What are you talking about? Also, he is destroyed completely, and his power absorbed by another deity.

2) Mordremoth (the Pale Tree, Malyck, the Nightmare Court, Caithe’s secret, Scarlet’s poison, and the truth that Sylvari SHOULD have been Mordremoth’s dragon minions and could still become them if Modremoth isn’t stopped)

It’s very likely that it is Mordremoth, since the painting in Scarlet’s lair shows a plant-like dragon. But Sylvari are not dragon minions, please put a stop to that nonsense. It’s getting a bit tiresome that people claim this as fact, when it is completely refuted by all the evidence, and has nothing in favor of it.

3) Bubbles (Karka invasions, zone blue in the Infinity Coil, and who wouldn’t want to find Bubbles?)

Nothing regarding the Scarlet content hints at Bubbles though. We know Bubbles is somewhere in the Unending ocean, which is not where Scarlet is digging.

4) Dhuum (because if Abaddon is gone, and Menzies is still free and alive… then only Dhuum is trapped)

Dhuum has probably continued to try and escape for the last 250 years. We currently do not know if he was successful, but there are no hints to Dhuum in the LS so far.

5) A Bloodstone. Lion’s Arch was afterall the seat of King Doric, and the Bloodstones were sealed with Doric’s blood. Two of the Bloodstones’s locations are still unaccounted for.

If there’s a bloodstone underneath Lion’s Arch, then that means the White Mantle were really dumb taking their victims all the way into the jungle for a sacrifice. Also, Lion’s Arch being the seat of King Doric? What? We know he had a summer estate in Lion’s Arch, but his realm spanned all the way to Ascalon. He was even crowned in Ascalon, just like King Adelbern. So likely his seat of power was in Ascalon. I think a lot of you are overhyping the current power of the bloodstones btw. They have been bleeding their magic back into the land for 250 years now, and are no longer as powerful as they used to be.

Why was Primordus left out of your list? He is after all an underground dragon with minions all over Tyria. And we know the Depths of Tyria are right underneath Lion’s Arch, which connect to the Central Transfer Chamber. Granted, geographically the CTC would now be underneath the Claw of Jormag roughly. But I find him a far more likely candidate than Bubbles. It’s probably Mordremoth though, because of those recent Jungle Wurms and that cave painting.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

Posted by: Draycon.1369

Draycon.1369

I believe she needs alot of magic for something sooo either that is the spot where all the leylines connect or a bloodstone (piece of it) because when the big bloodstone split into pieces one of the peices fell somewhere near lion’s arch or in lion’s arch and if so there shouldn’t be a reason for it to be somewhere deep underground

in Living World

Posted by: Draycon.1369

Draycon.1369

Also why does everyone think that scarlet is like against all living things in Tyria ? My theory is that she is actually trying to find a way to kill all the dragons for good.
She could be killing everyone who stands in her way but she’s obviously aiming for something big not just to cause havoc. Maybe just like the nightmare court have rejected the ventari tablet she has simply gone beyond that and all morales to get the power she requires to destroy the dragons…

(edited by Draycon.1369)

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

She is after the Laylines that much we know

it’s more than likely she plans to harvest the magical energy in those laylines and use it for something

I have my own theory backed by what has been shown in game that she plans to use it to awaken Mordemoth
how I do not know but I am certain that the creature she has been in contact with in her nightmares is the Jungle Dragon Mordemoth
there is also the simple possibility that she just wants to make super weapons out of it

The dragon painted across the ceiling in her Lair was a significant hint at that Mordemoth is somehow connected to all this though so im more inclined to put my money on that

I have to agree with Mad Queen Malafide.7512 though that Abbadon is not coming back
he was completely destroyed and Komir used the gift the gods give her to absorb Abbadon’s unbound magic that broke free from his destroyed body and set out to destroy everything
Upon absorbing this Magic Komir became a God

If Abbadon somehow survived in any way he is no longer a god nor is he anywhere near as powerful as he once was

As for Dhuum little is know about him in Gw2
We know he has repeatedly tried to break out over the years but not whether he was successful
the fact that people can be revived supports that he was not
Dhuum was a big fan of perminant death after all
but we certainly can’t use that as evidence in Gw2 lol

My best guess is that he was successful once the gods fell silent
there has been no action from the gods in soo long that many think they have abandoned the world or that the awakening of the Elder Dragons has cut them off
the Dragons do predate the Gods and Im willing to bet that they are more powerful as well
I would think that thanks to Grenth’s absence from Tyria Dhuum would have managed to break free and take control of the Underworld
without heroes to fight and put him back to sleep there is nothing stopping him from breaking free
with the Gods silence access to the Underworld became very difficult despite the barriers between the Underworld and Tyria becoming so weak
my best guess is that Access to the underworld is being blocked by something in the underworld
and Dhuum is the only thing I could think of that would be powerful enough to do that

The only Area of the Underworld we can go to in Gw2 is the Mad Realm of Mad King Thorn
but that is only because we are invited to it for Good old pumpkin head’s amusement

since the only way to Access the Underworld was from the Temple of Ages I highly doubt that is what Scarlet is looking for in Lions Arch..

the Karka are little more than pests driven from the depths like the Krait and Quaggen by the Deep sea dragon
they have no relation to anything that’s going on besides reminding people that there is a Dragon swimming around the ocean up to no good

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

because when the big bloodstone split into pieces one of the peices fell somewhere near lion’s arch or in lion’s arch

^This is completely made up. It is not true at all.

The only Area of the Underworld we can go to in Gw2 is the Mad Realm of Mad King Thorn but that is only because we are invited to it for Good old pumpkin head’s amusement.

I thought the Mad Realm was just a realm somewhere in the Mists. Was it stated anywhere that it was located in the Underworld?

since the only way to Access the Underworld was from the Temple of Ages I highly doubt that is what Scarlet is looking for in Lions Arch.

This is not accurate. There were at least four other places to enter the Underworld in GW1. Chantry of Secrets, Tomb of the Primeval Kings, Lornar’s Pass and Zin Ku Corridor. Since Scarlet landed her Marionette in Lornar’s Pass, right next to the former entrance to the Underworld, and then moved to Lion’s Arch it is clear that she is not looking for a way into the Underworld…. or she’s really, REALLY blind.

they have no relation to anything that’s going on besides reminding people that there is a Dragon swimming around the ocean up to no good

I think it may be a bit too early to say this conclusively.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I know that most of the evidence is pointing to Mordremoth/Elder dragons, but I still really hope it’s Mursaat.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Folks, this is what Scarlet is up to. She is drilling up all the sewage so that she can start a fertilizer business.

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Folks, this is what Scarlet is up to. She is drilling up all the sewage so that she can start a fertilizer business.

No the writers started that by creating her :P

Seriously, an elder dragon would be great, but only if it opened up new areas on the map. I’m tired of seeing the same places rehashed. I’d be happy if Abbodon showed up and we fought in some form of torment realm or in the underworld.

The real icing on the crud cake that’s been the living story is Scarlet getting discarded like all the other temporary content.

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

My bet is on: Pure Evil

in Living World

Posted by: kingpuza.4835

kingpuza.4835

So I figure that Scarlet is going to take the magic (convergence of ley lines) and become the next elder dragon herself. I figure that the Sylvari are immune to becoming dragon minions because they have a piece of the dragon inside of them. It was repressed by the white tree, but Scarlet woke it up. She is probably trying to destroy it but will end up waking it up/releasing it. I figure the voice/entity she found using Omadd’s device is the dragon or an evil entity for season 2. But as the only things in the device that she could see were what she took in there… she has herself, the pale tree and the dragon/other evil entity.
And the dragon seems to be a part of the dream. The pale tree saying that it was a symbol of Zitan? Maybe she would lie/conceal the truth. Sure, grow up and be good! Even though you came from an elder dragon. Maybe that is why once they go bad they stay bad. Other races can redeem themselves, but the Sylvari seem incapable.
Just my ideas. But I do think Scarlet is trying to destroy something that she saw, that may be in every Sylvari, and that she will wake it up/empower it instead.

in Living World

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

Kurt Russell

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Al Capone… and Geraldo Rivera

in Living World

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Think about all the water that will drain from harbor and down into the hole where Scarlet is drilling :o We could walk where the old lions arch is, and more!

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Think about all the water that will drain from harbor and down into the hole where Scarlet is drilling :o We could walk where the old lions arch is, and more!

So…she is attempting to flood and cool the molten realm of Primordus whilst simultaneously draining and parching the land beneath Mordremoth? Killing two birds with one Dhuumstone?

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

_What do YOU think is beneath Lion’s Arch?

A resource that Scarlet needs to destroy the Pale Tree: the magic inside the ley lines. According to the wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic), the Elder Dragons love to snack on magic, and Scarlet hope that opening the leyline will bring out the dragon that is haunting her mind. Which dragon am I refering to? The plant dragon, Mordremoth.

Remember that Sylvari can’t be corrupted by other types of dragons. They’ll just die, but a plant dragon might corrupt them (or at least turn them into aggressive beings).

Who is Mordremoth? And what does he/she look like? I play 2 Sylvari characters, and there is evidence that the Pale Tree is the dragon Mordremoth with a human-like avatar. Let’s review the evidence:

1) The number one piece of evidence is the plant dragon in Ogham Wilds that is too close to Mama Tree’s root system (see the first 3 attached pictures below). You can only see the “plant dragon” if you play a Sylvari character and visit Ogham Wilds (outside the Grove’s enterance) during the early levels. And yes, this is the same dragon the Sylvari PC defeats in the Dream at the beginning of the Sylvari PS.

2) Did you know that the Pale Tree has 4 Champions? Hm… I wonder why. The champions, also known as the Luminaries, are both the early mentor to the Sylvari PC as well as the guardians of the Pale Tree. The Luminaries are Aife, Niamh, Kahedins, and Malomedies. If the Pale Tree was a former champion of dragon, then why does she have 4 champions to protect her? Not even Tequatl or Shatterer has this much protection and they’re champions of their respective elder dragons. From what I’ve seen in this game so far, only Elder Dragons have champions protecting them.

3) Similar to Primordius in Guild Wars: Eye of the North, the Pale Tree assigns each Sylvari a role whether they like it or not. This is confirmed in both the PS story step “A LIght in the Darkness” (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Darkness) as well as in the story “What Scarlet Saw” (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/short-story-what-scarlet-saw/). We do know that the Pale Tree forced Trahearne (her oldest son and favorite child) into the role of a general even though he is just a scholar when we meet him. Plus, the Sylvari PC was relegated to being Trahearne’s servant for the rest of the PS, thanks to Mama Tree’s decision.

4) Did you know that Aife teaches her students, the sylvari of the Cycle of Dawn, some pretty militant ideas? My second character, Lazuli, actually said these words to Gardener Oraiste during a meeting in the Grove: “The cycle of dawn will usher in a new age.” I’ve read those words many times in fiction when it involves an underground world-wide, world-changing movement (like the mythical New World Order). We know that the Cycle of Dawn sylvari love to use communication to get what they want, so it’s possible that Aife is the one who advised the Pale Tree to appear as if she is a friend to every race in Tyria. That’s why the Pale Tree insists that the Sylvari PC be a representative of her when outside the Grove. See pictures 4 & 5 below.

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I think the Pale Tree is the one who is destroying Scarlet’s mind because she knows too much. Remember that the Asura said that nothing from the outside could penetrate the Isolation Chamber that Scarlet was placed into, and we know that Scarlet did speak to the Pale Tree while inside the chamber. Plus, the Pale Tree did tell Scarlet to quit looking for life’s mysteries.

The Pale Tree may not be Tyria’s friend as she portrays herself to be.

Attachments:

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a chest, in the chest there is a letter.
“Dear Scarlet
We as a community are sick and tired of you, so to release us us from you we did two things.
First we spread a false rumor that a dragon is beneath lions arch, this is ,as you can see, not true.
Secondly, while you read this you have already bin breathing a toxic that will eat you up from the inside.
Oh and it’s no use panicking now, even if it somehow came to you from one of your men, it’s on the letter you’re reading.

Greetings, the citizens of tyria.

ps. good luck in the underworld, a powerful necromancer already communicated with grenth, he has a special place for you right next to the fire pit of lost souls."

that’ll teach her.

in Living World

CMstorm.8679

What we need is to find Scarlet standing above a well or pit or something and we need someone stealthy to put a Kick Me note on her back and she’ll say “what was that? who’s there? Huh? what’s this?…Kick Me?!” and one of us will Sparta kick her and everybody gets precursors! happy endings!

in Living World

Posted by: Hallen.7154

Hallen.7154

There are no bloodstones around LA, then again what even is guildwars1 lore. Cearly it has nothing to do with this game so who knows. Surprise, it’s the dwarves and they are fighting Shiro.
I think maybe a connecting tunnel to CTC, so something to do with Primordus or delicious dragon energies.
Just kidding, what was found there was Scarlet all along.

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think what Scarlet will find down there, is a plot point that comes out of nowhere.

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Perhaps Scalet has gone too far this time, releasing something not even she can master and control… Maybe she’ll have to turn to and ally with us (not that I like to ally with her but still) in order to defeat whatever forces she’s released……

Leading to – We join forc.. ehrmm… SHE joins forces with us during the last patch.

When whatever it is she’s set loose is defeated/driven back, Scarlet will be put in jail or soon die from all time travelling/experimenting she’s been trough. The aetherblades will be sent back or released from their slavery being new allies to the Lionguards. The other Alliances will not be able to pose a threat when their leader is gone.

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

A green
A few blues
A handful of Empyreal Shards

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Harrier.8034

Harrier.8034

Scarlet hits a very big, empty cave.
Old “underwater” LA will rise and shine after all the water flowed into this cave.

in Living World

Posted by: Misterdeeply.8764

Misterdeeply.8764

It could be a bloodstone, because I was reading up on the lore of those stones when I came across the note stating this:

According to Jeff Grubb, the bloodstones’ fate will not be revealed in the initial release of Guild Wars 2, but may “have an influence in future expansions.”1

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone

in Living World

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

I’m of the opinion that it’s the rumored spider god that predated Abaddon. Not a lot supporting that, I just feel that the way the Forsaken served the human gods in Guild Wars 1 and the way we find out in Guild Wars 2 that they were a race that stood against the Dragons before the current six gods arrived on Tyria… it makes me think that there was a circle of gods the Forsaken worshiped during the time of the previous Elder Dragons… possibly the story of those gods during the rise of the dragons explains how the Forsaken are called just that.

in Living World

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It could be a bloodstone, because I was reading up on the lore of those stones when I caame across the note stating this:

It couldn’t be, because as far as we know, there is no Bloodstone underneath Lion’s Arch. There is no reason to assume so either.

Also, Lion’s Arch was not the seat of Doric’s power, as I stated before. It has never been explicitly stated where the seat of his power was.

I’m of the opinion that it’s the rumored spider god that predated Abaddon.

A spider god did not predate Abaddon. That was based on data-mined information that was never actually in the game.

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I thought the Mad Realm was just a realm somewhere in the Mists. Was it stated anywhere that it was located in the Underworld?

It’s actually on the GW2 Wiki
It states that the Mad Realm resides inside part of the Underworld
Although the Underworld itself is part of the Mists so technically you are right as well

This is not accurate. There were at least four other places to enter the Underworld in GW1. Chantry of Secrets, Tomb of the Primeval Kings, Lornar’s Pass and Zin Ku Corridor. Since Scarlet landed her Marionette in Lornar’s Pass, right next to the former entrance to the Underworld, and then moved to Lion’s Arch it is clear that she is not looking for a way into the Underworld…. or she’s really, REALLY blind.

My mistake on the locations, Upon reading up though entering the Underworld requires 1 thing
you must make an offering to a Voice of Grenth which can only be summoned from a Statue of Grenth
this shows that it is by Grenths will that you can travel there which supports that players need to be summoned to the Underworld by a powerful being that resides there much like I said with the Mad King Thorn who invites you there
Without this invite the Underworld is cut off from us

I think it may be a bit too early to say this conclusively.

Well the Karka were driven from the Depths by the Deep Sea Dragon that much we do know
out of all the Dragons besides Moredemoth the Deep Sea Dragon has had little to no impact on the GW2 world
it Drove the Krait, Quaggen and Largos to us but that all happened before the game launched
We’ve seen no minions nor and significant effects from that dragon
the Karka were a welcome sign that Anet have not forgotten about him

Zhaitans undead plague the Maguuma
Krals branded plauge Ascalon
Jormags Icebrood in the Shiverpeaks
Primordus Destroyers in Kryta and around other places too
Deep sea dragon didn’t have anything like that so by Driving the Karka to Lions Arch and southsun he has at least one significant effect on the world that we get to experience

the only Dragon left to make it’s mark is Mordemoth

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m of the opinion that it’s the rumored spider god that predated Abaddon. Not a lot supporting that, I just feel that the way the Forsaken served the human gods in Guild Wars 1 and the way we find out in Guild Wars 2 that they were a race that stood against the Dragons before the current six gods arrived on Tyria… it makes me think that there was a circle of gods the Forsaken worshiped during the time of the previous Elder Dragons… possibly the story of those gods during the rise of the dragons explains how the Forsaken are called just that.

That would be cool, but I think those God were only datamined. The arachnid Gods have a visible presence in the realms of torment. Arachnea Plateu I think is an upturned spider. Still, they were never canon in the game (afaik). I just don’t expect to see much more with the Human Gods. Perhaps Mursaat and Forsaken can happen though.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

For a moment, I will dismiss all the holes in her story, and pretend that she is not an engaging character:

She has told Caithe that someday Tyria will need her…http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet

So, here’s an idea: She is drilling into the Leylines (sp) under the harbor at Lion’s Arch, which corresponds to the area SW of the old LA and NE of the D’Alesso Seaboard. The Seaboard mission involved the White Mantle, and protecting the village of Hakewood and obtain the Scepter of Orr.

Therefore, the evil that we will face next is: LIVIA!

In other words, I got nothin’

Level 80 Elementalist

in Living World

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

I will go with the Mursaat.

in Living World

Posted by: PseudoNewb.5468

PseudoNewb.5468

And the answer is, exactly what we where told was there, just Ley Lines.

I think what Scarlet will find down there, is a plot point that comes out of nowhere.

Plus this, since is obviously what sticking a drill into a Ley Line does.
Actually I just have to say this, how… why? what???
Yeah…. that was disappointing.

(edited by PseudoNewb.5468)

in Living World

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Mordremoth, the late elder dragon. No idea if Scarlet intended to wake it up to destroy it (thus, refering to the fact that she said that one day everyone will need her) or if she was just a puppet led by this dragon.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

And the answer is, exactly what we where told was there, just Ley Lines.

Plus this, since is obviously what sticking a drill into a Ley Line does.
Actually I just have to say this, how… why? what???
Yeah…. that was disappointing.

Yeah let’s conveniently forget where those ley lines go.

in Living World

CMstorm.8679

When season2 starts, I want to be able to still see the fissure that the energy created across the zones that were shown in the last cutscene…