What would GW2 be without the Living Story?

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

IMO a lot better…… To much time wasted on this half rated story and zerg content…. The name needs so much polish yet its just wasted on this lame lore that 5 people care about.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

that’s very constructive. thank you.

in Living World

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

You’re going to have to expand on who’s time was wasted and how. Your argument is too broad to address at this point in time.

in Living World

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Who’s to say what it would be, really? We don’t know what alternatives we’d have for content updates because it seems as if they’ve pretty much gotten rid of development with content that doesn’t pertain to it.

I’ve heard rumors of them firing off the whole dungeon team a while ago and while I don’t really have any way of proving this, it certainly doesn’t seem like anything’s really being done besides LS content. It’s actually really depressing to see how little attention dungeons receive in regards to exploits/bugs being taken care of, the dreadfully-coded and implemented LFG, and general alienation of players that seek “hardcore” content rather than being catered to like the majority of the population.

To give an example of what I mean by hardcore content, I mean boss fights that are unique, interesting, challenging to a certain degree, and non-zerg. WE NEED MORE GIGANTICUS LUPICUS FIGHTS!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

What would GW2 be without Living Story?

We would not be running into these huge issues with overflows because all the new content would be permanent and players could take their time to complete it, rather than be forced to rush it.

We would not have issues with events being designed only for full maps because permanent content will not see as huge a rush of people to complete them. Instead we would have content that properly scales for the number of people present.

We would not have issues with low-pop servers dying due to the need to guest to high-pop servers due to the above problem.

We would not be in mega-guilds out of necessity to complete this content.

We would not have to deal with being soft-locked out of certain rewards because of RNG. Not everyone likes the idea of the TP substituting for bad luck.

In short, it would have been a much better game.