in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

i will name it “night of the unborn”.

What would you call Aurene?

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

My main objection is the use of the “ene” ending which popularly denotes a female. I don’t think that the gender of a dragon is important enough to affect the name. It certainly doesn’t for any other dragon we’ve heard about, including Glint.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I dislike the name.
I dislike the design.
It looks too cartoony and the name fits that look I guess but it’s not what I feel this should have been.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Baby_Dragon

I feel this was the superior design – it’s a small dragon that I can take seriously and actually believe is powerful and worth my allegiance.

I’d call it Aldragar or something. Or Aeseria.

That model is just a scaled down mature dragon. its design is far too refined and mature for a baby. Its a hatchling, its supposed to be a bit fat, cute and round. baby crocodiles are just as cute..

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

My only problem with the name is it sounds too close to “Urine”.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

My only problem with the name is it sounds too close to “Urine”.

I don’t have that problem. I pronounce it yuh-rin. And what the people see is aahw-reen which in my head sound nothing alike

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t have an issue with the name. I think it fits considering she kind of looks like the glass, color wise. She’s also mildly iridescent.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I dislike the name.
I dislike the design.
It looks too cartoony and the name fits that look I guess but it’s not what I feel this should have been.

I feel this was the superior design – it’s a small dragon that I can take seriously and actually believe is powerful and worth my allegiance.

That model is just a scaled down mature dragon. its design is far too refined and mature for a baby. Its a hatchling, its supposed to be a bit fat, cute and round. baby crocodiles are just as cute..

they don’t seem fat, cute or round to me.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Living World

Posted by: Cascabel.5806

Cascabel.5806

Keanu Reeves?

I second this.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I dislike the name.
I dislike the design.

they don’t seem fat, cute or round to me.

But big-eyes and cute, though.

in Living World

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

toothless ;P am i right :PPP

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

“Adorbs”. I love how she bounced in circles around me after the first story instance, then knocked the Luminate down a couple times while Taimi and I had our little pow-wow.

On a related note, I see the quaggan models in Bitterfrost Frontier are the more roly-poly type. Is Anet trying to disarm us with cuteness or something?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Cascabel.5806

Cascabel.5806

I could always use more cuteness.

in Living World

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sired from Glint, sibling of Gleam. Why didn’t they just stay in that mode?

Something like Glimmer or such…

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i would call it Glint, i always saw many glints eggs in gw1 (but only this one atched), i expect this fragon to ve a vessel for Glint reencarnation and it will start remmembering the olders lifes it had.

Maybe Aurine is a temporary name, i dont see a dragon with that name on the long run….. does not make sense.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Aurene was probably named after the Auric Basin and the concept of an aura.

Does that mean there may be other baby dragons named after new areas? Emberly, anyone?

I am now waiting for someone to rework Dexys Midnight Runner’s “Come on Eileen”.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Aura may enter into it, but I think “gold” is the key concept. Gold has chemical symbol AU, from the Latin word aurum. Looking at the etymology, the Proto-Indo-European roots come from words meaning “to shine”, “to gleam”, “to glow”. Pretty appropriate for a dragon of the lineage of Glint nurtured in the City of Gold.

I still want to know about the baby daddy, though. If there isn’t one, that means that Glint was reproducing by parthenogenesis, like the mythological Amazons. Which would put the nail in the coffin of a “he” offspring, since parthenogenetic offspring are always female.

Of course, the other possibility is that Glint was actually a hermaphrodite rather than female, but nobody wants to go there. Certainly not me.

in Living World

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

After the whole ‘teaching Aurene’ thing in the latest LS episode i vote we rename her to be ‘Toothless.’

Seriously, did anyone else get ‘How To Train Your Dragon’ vibes while doing that? I totally see it in the interactions between Aurene and The Commander.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Aura may enter into it, but I think “gold” is the key concept. Gold has chemical symbol AU, from the Latin word aurum. Looking at the etymology, the Proto-Indo-European roots come from words meaning “to shine”, “to gleam”, “to glow”. Pretty appropriate for a dragon of the lineage of Glint nurtured in the City of Gold.

I still want to know about the baby daddy, though. If there isn’t one, that means that Glint was reproducing by parthenogenesis, like the mythological Amazons. Which would put the nail in the coffin of a “he” offspring, since parthenogenetic offspring are always female.

Of course, the other possibility is that Glint was actually a hermaphrodite rather than female, but nobody wants to go there. Certainly not me.

Guys. IS NOT REAL SCIENCE.

We don’t even know if creatures on GW2’s planet have adn at all… maybe all their genetic transmission is done through magic means. Maybe they are individually designed by a superior entity. Maybe their souls come from the mist at birth, and their bodies just take the gender to match that spirit…

IMO, Dragons are simply avatars of some superior archetypal concept, taking genders only when they need them to reflect some personality aspect. Aurene is probably “female” only to better communicate with their humanoid protectors.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

My character would have named her Giggles, so it’s probably best that she chose her own name.

in Living World

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

Vermithrax Pejorative…. Nah.. nevermind. She isn’t cool enough for that name.

in Living World

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I was a bit surprised about ‘Aurene’ at first, and for some reason started singing Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” whenever I heard my characters say the name, but I’ve grown to like it a lot.

I was thinking the baby dragon was going to be named like the rest of her family members (Glint/Glaust, Gleam). I really liked the idea of it being called ‘Glimmer’.

LOL its nice to know I wasn’t the only one that had that song kicking around in their head!

in Living World

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

I too was thinking along the lines of Glimmer, Glisten and Glitter…but I don’t have a particular dislike of Aurene.

in Living World

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

If everyone wanted to protect and hide her, call her John Cena. Noone will ever see her.

I personally think aurene is a cute and pretty name, but for when she’s giant and awesome- it should’ve been something with more spark to it.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Eveyone dfiscussing what a proper name is, thinking aurene doesnt fit her, or its too feminine, but the fact is, she chose her name herself.
If ‘aurene’ wanted to be called nitrix nitirixia we wouldnt be able to object other than raise an eyebrow.