What would you like to see in Season 3?

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

50 posts……..I should be happy, and in a way I am but with all honesty I need Gaile or Mike or whoever to say “we have read your opinions” because let’s face it: at this point we all have very high expectations for the Season and Anet needs to be aware of this. For the first time ever I am breaking my code of conduct, for the first time ever I am with full confidence speaking for everyone who posted in this thread. Anet please listen and deliver this:

1. The aftermath of Mordremoth’s defeat. Show us whatever happened to the Pact, how are the sylvari coping with this? Have us attend a ceremony of the Pact leader and the founder of DE.

2. Finish the Sylvari storyline once and for all. Show us what happened to the Pale tree, Malyck and his tree, how th other races react to sylvari now

3. Make the world feel “organically alive.” This time all the races have something to discuss among themselves:
Charr: Rytlock’s new magic this will surely be seen.
Sylvari: pretty obvious would be redundant if I need to explain
Norn: A famous Norn Legend perished at the hands of an Elder Dragon and his son is continuing his legend.
Human: the leader of the Queen’s personal line of the defense is in great emotional and physyical pain or worse and another human organization will have a collaboration with a Sylvari sure that is suspicious no?
Asura: Snaff’s apprentice is in great emotional and physical pain or worse. Have the Asura discuss about Rata Novus

4.Develop the LW characters main and recurring.
Braham following in his mother’s footsteps.
Taimi and Scruffy 2.0 in rata novus, what will they find?
The Shining blade and Countess Anise’s deal with Canach.
Make us feel for Marjory and Kasmeer as a couple, heck there’s a weeding altar in LA
Make Rox a character again
Evon Gnashblade’s plans for the Captain’s Council
The Consortium

5. This one I have no idea cuz MAYBE we’ll go in the future but take us to Cantha/Elona/Crystal desert or hint that we might go there in the next Expansion.

We all are hyped and we all have hope that you will deliver a true living world

in Living World

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

This. Really. Anet has so much potential at their fingertips, and they do not reach for it. If they did, though, everyone would love it. (Or at least a lot of people would). I may complain about HoT, and rightly so, but I would happily pay for content like we’ve listed here. Since we’ve -already- paid for Disappointment of Thorns, though, we’ve already paid into it, they should deliver something of this quality just to reach parity and restore confidence by now. The good thing is, if they did, it would do the trick. My confidence in them would be restored.

in Living World

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

• About rythlock’s journey in the mists
  • Malyck’s tree
  • How the pale tree is doing now mordy is gone
  • What the nightmare crowd was doing in the HoT zones (at least faolin was there before she was under mordy his mind) and what will they do now that they lost one of their most important characters
  • proper respect at a grave of a certain someone who died in the HoT story
  • Something so to make rata novus wasn’t a huge waist of time earlier in the story
  • Let them invent the telephone or at least let them use the birds to send messages (sorry, but during season 2 there was way to much of “let’s go over to see if she has news, getting there will take around 2 weeks even though any bird can even take 5 legendary greatswords to the other side of the world in less then a second but somehow can’t cary a simple letter”)
  • a more coherent story then season 2. For example Rrythlock claiming the mountains would stop mordy his minions even though we fought those minions 5 feet behind him, or rythlock spending ages to find the first part of the crown but couldn’t be bothered to spend 5 min. to get the other parts, never telling us why the egg is so important (I mean the egg has had more story related attention then mordy had in his own EP), etc…
  • going to the crystal desert (hey, one can hope xD )
  • ALL ingame video’s to be skippable (for achievement purposes)
  • No cliffhangers at the end of each episode that will never get answered/resolved (Iike how every single episode of LS2 did)

(edited by NathanH.1465)

in Living World

Posted by: SpiritualMoon.2698

SpiritualMoon.2698

Enraging jumping puzzles with good rewards or a title or an achievement.
I want ANet to bait players into this challenge.
Otherwise… eh.. a lead-up to another expansion would be sweet, though I guess we gotta wait until after Season 4?
- Revival of dungeons. Reward is dependant on the difficulty of each path. Overall design needs to be improved, because I remember some of them to be rather terrible.
- A new dungeon or raid added to the game.
- New areas to explore vertically, with multiple layers.
- More fractals
- A big, large scale instance similiar to Fissure of Woe or Underworld from GW1 where you can complete objectives in the order you like to while either rushing or killing everything for their drops.
- Rewards like chests for gaining exp. as a level 80.
- Better underwater-stuff, improve underwater-gameplay.
- Underwater world-boss.
- Playable Largos. This is the most important thing. I need playable underwater-butterfly-assassin-people. Hopefully one day… : ]

Story: Uh, I dunno. Everybody is talking about story here.
I have no idea about the story ~

in Living World

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

What happened to all the sylavri who weren’t with pact? the pale tree? what happens to the mordem guard now that the dragon is dead? where the hell was Malycks tree (or was that just a throw away “wouldn’t it be cool” plot)? the egg and the “rest of glints legacy”? are the Itzel, Nuhoch and Exalted going to be involved moving forward? What are we getting from Rata Novus? It can’t just be there for “the dragons have a weakness”

If kralkatorrik is the next dragon they could do the finalizing of the charr-human treaty and solving the ghost problem. It would be awesome if that changed the starting zones BUT that would be more work than it’s worth and make it weird for new players.

In general I would like for them to stop finding excuse for Rox to vanish or have her just fulfil a function (Kas and Jory had the same thing but they had a lot to do in the previous LS). Canach could use more story focus too, you would think this expansion plot would have be his time to shine but it was really rushed and Brahman and Rytlock seem to get more spotlight than him.
I would also like for my character to properly reprimanded Tami for running off all the time without telling the rest where she is even going, rather than it just conveniently working out and everyone finding it endearing.

For the love of god, please let us skip the talking segments. Maybe have it cut off if you run past them an onto the next objective

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Living World

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

1. More about rata nova
2. Pale tree’s condition and sylvari’s future
3. More about the egg
4. Where the living world head next. Crystal Desert or Far Shiverpeak?

in Living World

Posted by: LamanKnight.3650

LamanKnight.3650

Tangu!!! maybe even baby Tangu!

in Living World

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

Kralkatorik and a new legendary greatsword based on him

The Sylvari Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

I change my answer to “Anything new is ok with me”. Seriously anything.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Living World

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

What I’ll like to see is that the Krytan-Ebonhawke military forces gain Watchknight tanks, assault vehicles and artillery pieces. I would like weapon systems be developed in Divinity’s Reach and be station around the city as well as around Lion’s Arch – now under defacto-Human protection – since it is now unofficially part of Kryta again since the Pirate Council have been blasted/vaporised/sunk – all but wiped out- by Scarlet and company. And finally around Ebonhawke and maybe the site of Serenity Temple which should actually be in the process of being rebuilt…. as a colony of Ebonhawke.

in Living World

Posted by: Loki.8213

Loki.8213

What I would like to see is :
1.) What happened with pale tree.
2.) Where is the crow of King Doric, which we helped Rhitlock get in order to reverse the Foefire effects and free the ascalon spirits. Which he also promised to return to humans (if you play as human character) .
3.) Some further development to the centaur/human war in Kryta. Perhaps new map in Woodland Cascades and some new Captains of the Seraph.
4.) At last but not least I would like some further investigation of the fate of Rata Novan’s
5.) And maybe story resolving around restoring of Zephyres.

in Living World

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

More zones that are not annoying like Verdant Brink and Tangled Depths. I can give two kittens about the story, all of it has been bad anyway.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Anything that doesn’t include Sylvari yet again, its like that’s all there is in GW2, i honestly detest the race now after all the stories..

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

With season 3, id like to see a different theme to season 2 and heart of thorns.

The thing with dark themes is that if you do them wrong they feel rushed and HoT certainly felt rushed, the dark moments didnt have enough impact and the ultimate conclusion felt empty and hollow with more red herring questions than answers.

I want A-net from now on to stop trying to create mysteries that will be answered later, and instead, create them within a single season, to be answered “within” the season itself.

I feel Season 2 has SO many questions and HoT even more, with not a single one of them satisfyingly left completley forfilled. Your left thinking, what exactly is the white fire, what exactly are the white mantle doing in the Maguuma again? Whats going on with the Egg and whats such a big deal about it? Why are the Exalted important? Who are Marjories other sisters, mother and father? Who is E god kitten it? When will we meet Kasmeers good-for-nothing brother responsible for landing her father in debters prison to die? What about Mai Trin and the Aetherblade, they’re still in the mists right, what are they up to now? What about the remains of Scarlets Alliances, whos going to pick those up and start new fires? Will the other dragons awaken? What was the vision we saw in Omadds Machine exactly eluding to?

I could go on but this is just PART of the many problems Season 2 and HoT feels it left me, both lacked conclusion. HoT was meant to serve as a climax to all the mystery Season 2 built up to, and to answer questions Season 1 left behind. While it did manage to do some of that with the Scarlett stuff it also created more questions and the problem is, an unsolved riddle is only fun if its going to actually go somewhere important.

Otherwise, its just onpurposley planting seeds for future story, which can only be “good” if the seed blooms into something interesting. The egg storyline in S2 and in HoT was a good example of what not to do with a plot, leaving it on an endless cliffhanger.

Season 3, where ever the direction goes, needs to focus on giving us some answers, it needs to focus heavily on character development for ALL the biconics oh heavily to the point we get FED UP of hearing their dialogue and boring lines because honestly id rather be spammed to death with backstory, than get even more questions I dont know answers to.

S3 needs to be “the” answer to all of S2+HoT’s questions, resolving all of what remains of HoT, ending the Mordremoth and Sylvari story, perhaps giving us the second Pale tree as a nice “light hearted” ending note, but leaving us with the ominous threat of new dragons, and maybe something in the future.

See heres an example of where S2 got it right, where HoT got it wrong:

Rytlock vanishes into the mists in S2, that left us a seed we could work with, HoT, he returns with no reasonable explination and we dont know exactly what the hell his role was in all this.

We dont need more “you’ll find out later” mysteries, we need “Answers” to the ones already there, so that the next expansion can start with a NEW mystery or something thats been hinted to throughout the previous content.

Expansion 2 and S3 need to be answer arcs to all the questions S1+2 and HoT left.

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I just want gods of Tyriato come down. I always wanted to meet Kormir ^^

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’ve met Kormir. It’s nothing special. She just shambled around a lot, bumped in to things, and told other people what to do like an even less useful version of Traherne.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the gods fleeing tyria in the face of the elder dragons was her idea in the first place.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: ardhikaizecson.3697

ardhikaizecson.3697

i still want the season 3 to be ‘sylvari-themed’ story because i feel story in HoT is not good enough and it feels pretty unfinished, i wanted to see malyck, what happened to pale tree after season 2, and why our character suddenly accusing caithe as if she is traitor eventhough I made it clear in the season 2 that I trusted caithe what she doing with the egg. and how tyrian react to sylvari after they know sylvari is actually dragon’s minions.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

So, after more than 6 months there is still nothing. No, additional living story, no additional map, no new fractals. The only substantial we got was the raid. So what the heck are you doing? This is really bad marketing. HOT was small and I had hope we get constant new content and now not even that. 4 maps with meta events (which are great imo but too few). I am pretty disappointed.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

I’ve met Kormir. It’s nothing special. She just shambled around a lot, bumped in to things, and told other people what to do like an even less useful version of Traherne.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the gods fleeing tyria in the face of the elder dragons was her idea in the first place.

The gods left Tyria before she was born, so I don’t think she is responsible unless there are time travel shenanigans involved.

in Living World

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I’d like to see a skip dialogue/cutscenes option in LS3 after your first run.

in Living World

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

The following list is a kind of “dream list” as I know there’s no feasibly way all of these issues can be addressed in Season 3 and that some will likely remain unanswered as per Bobby Stein’s response in Reddit some time ago about some mysteries remaining unresolved indefinitely due to story focus etc.

What I’d like to see if we lived in a perfect world where devs had enough time and resources to address each of these:

1) Sylvari plots

• Malyck and his Tree. One of THE unresolved stories which was left at the cutting room floor in early HoT development due to it not fitting into the narrower scope of the story. Was the mordrem migration in Tangled Depths headed towards his Tree? Why don’t Malyck and his people have a Dream similar to Dreamers? Why didn’t Malyck return to us to help us fight against the dragons like he promised, especially because ol’ Mordy was causing trouble in the general area Malyck’s people were supposed to be in? Is his Tree good or more of a neutral entity or even with a darker shade of grey morality? Why is Malyck’s look (the antennae) so different compared to Pale Tree’s sylvari, and how does Amaranda’s reference to a distant shore tie into it? How will the Nightmare Court, including the more antivillain members like Chrysanthea, react to the existence of the other Tree if they find out?
  • The nature of the Dream and the Nightmare, their relation to the All, and why they’re so vehemently opposed to the Elder Dragons. Why does the Nightmare show signs of dragon corruption (e.g. the forced conversion of sylvari into Nightmare which twists their personality while still retaining their free will and dislike for dragons) despite still being opposed to the dragons? Why some beings like the sylvari, Mordremoth and White Stag appear to be innately connected to the Dream while other races aren’t?
  • What had Faolain been up to between her departure from Twilight Arbor (in the story mode) and her reappearance as a prisoner in HoT story? Why did she let the Nightmare Court splinter into multiple factions and why didn’t she try to reclaim the Court over the past few years she was AWOL? How did she end up in Magus Falls to begin with: was she following after Caithe, sneaking aboard the Pact fleet to see what their strategy against Mordremoth would be, or what? It would be nice to have some closure to all of this now that Faolain is gone either in game or at the very least through dev answers on forums/Reddit.
  • Nightmare Court and its future. Will it remain splintered with Duchess Chrysanthea simply leading an antivillain-ish splinter faction, or will Chrysanthea attempt to reunite the Court under her and turn it more morally grey? How will the Dreamers and the Soundless, let alone other races, react to Chrysanthea and her faction assisting the Pact in taking down Mordremoth?
  • The sylvari racism plot. We might see some of this if the vision depicting Canach being ambushed in Divinity’s Reach becomes true (unless it’s tied to another story), but will we see distrust towards sylvari on a larger scale in the world now that some disgruntled Pact survivors have spread the tale about the sylvari betrayal which led to the downfall of the Pact fleet as well as the fact that sylvari belong to Mordremoth? How will this affect us if we happen to be playing a sylvari PC: will we see more hostility from NPC dialogues, vendors raising prices etc.?
  • Anise’s plans for Canach. What exactly does she have in mind for him, and how will Canach react to it? Will the ambush scene still happen, and will it involve White Mantle sympathizers and potentially have Caudecus scheming in the background too as he’s still far from being beaten thanks to his connections?
  • The future of the Mordrem Guard. With the revelation in Tangled Depths storyline’s extra achievements that the Mordrem Guard weren’t corrupted per se but only manipulated by Mordremoth through Wyld/Dark Hunts implanted into their minds, will any of them remain loyal to Mordy now that the dragon is gone and its siren song has ended (which means they should be returning to their older selves)? How will the “reformed/atoning” ex-Mordrem Guard be treated by their fellow sylvari and other races; could this be yet another side explored in a potential sylvari racism plot? Will some higher-ranking Mordrem Guard who are still out there like Cellona try to continue Mordremoth’s work, truly believing that carrying out the dragon’s will (despite Mordy being gone) is the sylvari’s destiny no matter what?

2) Plots from Season 1 and before

• The fate of Magdaer. Eir intended it to be given to Logan eventually but with her gone now, will we ever see the sword again in the hands of the one she wanted to wield it? Why is Sohothin of importance but not Magdaer in present storyline?
  • The identity of E and why they preferred to stay in the shadows instead of revealing themselves. Although I believe E may be Ela Makkay, I still wonder why she’d prefer to stay anonymous instead of revealing her identity to us by now that we’ve proven our worth protecting Glint’s legacy. With the recent rise of White Mantle activity, will E’s story be tied to them and whatever plots may happen in Divinity’s Reach?
  • The Consortium and its plans for the debris (seeds etc.) of the Tower of Nightmares. What exactly is the Consortium planning to do with them, and what else do they have in mind? How will Deputy Turma be involved in any of it as we’ve seen in Southsun that she isn’t exactly fond of the captain’s council after what they did to her and warmed up to the Consortium’s offer of a mutually beneficial working relationship?

3) Plots from Season 2

• Anise’s plans for Kasmeer. There appears to be more going on behind the scenes here as Anise always plays the long game, but what could it be? Will the Mesmer Collective play a role in a future story?
  • The heir to the throne in the mysterious Krytan locket. Whose image will be shown within if not Jenna? Does this foreshadow something happening to Jenna, will Wade Samuelsson of Ebonhawke somehow play a role, or some other as of yet unknown individual with ties to the royal bloodline?
  • The identities of the protectors of Kryta. We know Ogden is part of a secret fellowship who have Tyria’s best interests at heart, implied to be involved in the shenanigans regarding Glint’s egg as he’s aware of its importance and history. Assuming that E might be one member of this fellowship, who else is involved that we could count as an ally, and is their endgame the same as the Exalted’s regarding Glint’s plan for the future of Tyria? Will we finally get much needed answers from the good ol’ stubborn dwarf now that we’ve passed the Forgotten trials and proven our worth to the cause?
  • Who gave Glint’s egg to the Master of Peace? Was it Gleam or someone else? What has happened to Gleam and Glint’s other children these past few centuries because they’re nowhere to be found, and why were the Zephyrites chosen to keep the egg secure instead of Gleam or the other children taking care of them instead? Is this somehow related to Kralkatorrik’s threat?
  • The identity of the mysterious stranger (the bearded hobo dude we saw observing our progress from the sidelines when we tracked down the Aspect Masters in the cave in Season 2). Who is he and what is his appearance foreshadowing?
  • Rox’s little subplot regarding spying as seen during Season 2. Why was there tension between her and the aggressive charr (who calls himself Monti Scythescrape) in Camp Resolve? If either of them were spying for the Black Citadel, who exactly were they observing, and why was Rox evading the question when we asked her about it? Does this mean Smodur or some other charr higher-up has some sort of plan in mind in which Rox and Monti play a part?
  • Evon Gnashblade’s plans. With Hero-Tron as his spy in the captain’s council and planning to hire private military contractors as a force loyal to him, is he planning the long game? Why was he so interested in exploring the fall of Abaddon, a human god, via a fractal despite charr not generally being interested in religious matters except killing gods?
  • The increased presence of smugglers in Lion’s Arch and the quaggan’s concerns over them. With Peter Fries hinting a few months ago that something bad may happen to quaggan (as Peneelopee and Bloomanoo tend to be heralds of disaster), where will these growing tensions lead the story, and how will Ellen Kiel deal with this?

4) Plots from HoT and aftermath

• Garm’s fate. Why was the lovable direwolf missing and not on Eir’s side? What was he doing during HoT story?
  • The implications of Rytlock’s return as a revenant/herald. Will some of the charr in Black Citadel shun him because of his revenant magic which might remind them of Flame Legion’s worship of otherworldly beings? Will we see involvement from Rytlock’s superior, Blood Imperator Bangar, who might be playing his own political game and maybe using Rytlock as a means to achieve his goals now that both Flame Legion and ghost threats have diminished as we know he isn’t fond of the peace treaty between charr and humans? Why exactly is Rytlock’s relationship with the rest of his warband so strained?
  • A vigil held for Eir, Trahearne and other fallen heroes from Pact and allies. It would be great to see a symbolic funeral pyre of sorts in, say, Tarir, to honour all of our fallen and give them a proper sendoff. Maybe have the Luminate and the PC speak a few words on their behalf to honour their sacrifice? The fallen deserve that much, especially after the rather abrupt ending of HoT story which hardly gave us any chance to mourn Trahearne’s demise.
  • The future of the egg. With the curious use of both the ascending Tyrian theme and Mordremoth’s theme in the final cinematic where the egg absorbs some of the magic released from Mordremoth, what does this mean for the eventual hatchling? Does this imply a duality of good and evil within it and that it needs us to groom it to become the benevolent Elder Dragon instead of another tyrant?
  • The role of the Exalted. We should be seeing more of them after Mordremoth’s demise, not only as caretakers of the egg and Tarir but also as champions of Kryta against the Elder Dragons and other potential threats out there.
  • The role of Logan and Zojja. With the hints from Colin’s blog post from a while ago, what kind of plots will the two recovering Destiny’s Edge members be involved in and how being captives of the dragon affect them going forward?
  • The secrets of Rata Novus. We’ll likely learn more about Taimi’s findings, but will we also learn whether someone actually orchestrated the fall of the city (as discussed in WoodenPotatoes’ recent lore video about Rata Novus’s fall) and if that did happen, to what end? Where did the survivors end up in and could we meet their descendants who might have continued the Rata Novans’ work on Elder Dragons? Will this plot draw in the Inquest and will we learn more about Zinn and his importance as a few of the Pact people did hint in open world that once Mordremoth is gone, they’ll study the golems in more depth?
  • With the recent reveal of heavier White Mantle involvement in raids, will we see some of that spill over to Divinity’s Reach as we know they have support there and elsewhere?
    This would be a nice way to tie Caudecus in as well.

I’m sure there are quite a few unresolved plots I’ve missed, but these were the ones that immediately came to mind. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these we’ll see explored in Season 3 and beyond.

So, after more than 6 months there is still nothing. No, additional living story, no additional map, no new fractals. The only substantial we got was the raid. So what the heck are you doing? This is really bad marketing. HOT was small and I had hope we get constant new content and now not even that. 4 maps with meta events (which are great imo but too few). I am pretty disappointed.

We do have the aerodrome area added to Lion’s Arch with some juicy in-jokes in there for those who look for them (regarding certain unhappy tour guide as well as tongue-in-cheek references to dev raid team being represented by raider NPCs hanging around in the lobby among other things). We also have new events recently popping up regarding the Branded, Destroyers and Icebrood trying to absorb surging ley-line magic in various areas in three maps, which result in us fighting either a powered up dragon champion (curiously called an aberration) if we fail the event, or a magical coalescence if we successfully defend the area. We’ve also seen changes to a few areas with notable concentrations of ley lines such as the Breachmaker drill under water in Lion’s Arch, the ley line cave in Dry Top as well as the ley-line confluence cavern in Tangled Depths, all of which hint at Season 3 content similar to how the Mordrem invasion event was a prelude to Heart of Thorns.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more such changes the closer we get to the release of Season 3 as it’s Anet’s means of subtly hyping us up by rewarding people who explore the maps and share their findings with the rest of the community.