When will the Pale Tree recover?

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

It’s been a minute since “The Dragon’s Reach”, and she’s still in a coma.. When will she recover? When can we talk to her about the current dragon situation? I’m sure she wants to hear about the egg too…

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

A lot of people expressed a lot of displeasure with how much of a role the Sylvari / Pale Tree had in both the original storyline and the buildup to HoT (and HoT itself with Sylvari, though the Pale Tree was out by that point). Due to that, I frankly wouldn’t be surprised if we never see her again, and the most we ever get is a few lines from Caithe saying she’s finally recovered. Especially since Taimi seems to be taking over the “knowing a lot about dragons and advising the players” role more and more.

I do hope its not the case. I’d like to see some closure to the Pale Tree at some point. But I’m not holding my breath.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

It might be an interesting twist to have her NOT recover, but finally succumb to her injuries. The sylvari would have to learn how to organize themselves, just like the other races, rather than relying forever on what is essentially a living goddess/protector. Maybe it’s time for the sylvari to grow up.

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Sylvari have no reproductive organs. Without Pale Tree (which gives birth to new sylvari) they will simply extinct. It is not about growing up, it is about survival.

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

We got a status update on the Pale Tree during living world season 3 chapter “Out of the Shadows”. It’s not much, but it was said she was getting better, but still injured from the attack two years ago-ish (according to the in game timeline). So she probably won’t die. And she probably isn’t in a coma anymore. Just not ready to entertain guests I guess.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Sylvari have no reproductive organs. Without Pale Tree (which gives birth to new sylvari) they will simply extinct. It is not about growing up, it is about survival.

I wouldn’t be so certain of that. How do you know the sylvari are sexually mature? Go look at a tree and point to the reproductive organs. I think you’ll have a hard time unless the tree is blooming. They may not have human-style reproductive organs, but, despite their humanoid form, they are not humans, they are plants. We don’t know what the possibilities are for reproduction independent of the Pale Tree, given that the race is still very young. We don’t know their natural lifespan, and it seems possible that they may be both long-lived (like many plants) and very slow to reach reproductive status.

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

In LS2 there was an episode, where Inquest dissected sylvari, and they clearly stated, that there were no reproductive organs at all. Of course, we can assume, that sylvari can grow these organs in a century or so, byt we can also assume that they can grow into an elder dragon and sneeze icecream. Assumptions are a vague thing, especially if they are not based on facts.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It might be an interesting twist to have her NOT recover, but finally succumb to her injuries. The sylvari would have to learn how to organize themselves, just like the other races, rather than relying forever on what is essentially a living goddess/protector. Maybe it’s time for the sylvari to grow up.

I hope not. She doesn’t have to have a big role in LWS3 (though I wouldn’t be upset if she did, I like her well enough), but the Sylvari are a unique race in that they do have a goddess/protector figure that is still alive. None of the other races have that. Taking that out just homogenizes the races even more and removes one of the larger unique aspects of the sylvari race.

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In LS2 there was an episode, where Inquest dissected sylvari, and they clearly stated, that there were no reproductive organs at all. Of course, we can assume, that sylvari can grow these organs in a century or so, byt we can also assume that they can grow into an elder dragon and sneeze icecream. Assumptions are a vague thing, especially if they are not based on facts.

If you dissect an immature plant that has not yet produced reproductive organs (such as flowers) then you’re not going to find reproductive organs. Theyre not like animals where the reproductive organs are there from birth. Plants only make their reproductive organs upon maturity and either at certain times of the year or specific points in their life cycle.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Around the same time we get to see the effect of the controversy regarding queen Jennah, what’s on Flaxx’s agenda, and when we learn what the inquest was doing in the deeper maguuma. This game is riddled with important stuff that just as magically disapears at it initially started

in Living World

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I really want the ability to sneeze icecream

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I really want the ability to sneeze icecream

It was already known prior to beta that sylvari dont breed, but have asexual relationships nonetheless

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

It’s been a minute since “The Dragon’s Reach”, and she’s still in a coma.. When will she recover? When can we talk to her about the current dragon situation? I’m sure she wants to hear about the egg too…

I think, that Caithe said her everything.

We know, that after Mordremoth’s death from the Pale Tree were born new Sylvaries, so some Ley Line Energy with Mordremoth’s corruption was absorbed by the Pale Tree.

I think, that ANet wants hide something new about new Sylvaries, but we know nothing about it. We just know something from Caithe, but this is nothing special.

Will new Sylvaries be Vine- and Death-touched? We dont know. But as we know, Aurene is Vine- and Death-touched as well, but we as the Commander have to remove any danger, which could appear, because of this mutation.

I think, that Caithe will show them good ways and I really believe, that Caithe will have one of the biggest role in LS3. I dont wanna repeat my theory about Sylvaries and Caithe again, but you can find it in: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Chapter-3-spoilers/page/2#post6410971

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)