Where is the gameplay?

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I played through the story and I’m not sure what to make of it. It was, again, too short. We learned too little and you used way too many cliffhangers again. On top of that, there was barely any gameplay what so ever, it was boring, it was not how I want to enjoy a videogame. This felt more like a “kill monster to unlock next cutscene” thing, and I totally dislike that.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Well, you can now replay the missions with achievement and challenge mode. Good luck.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

kokiman.2364

Well, you can now replay the missions with achievement and challenge mode. Good luck.

I actually prefer serious answers

GuildWars 2

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Content? Gw2 players don’t need that! You had cutscene, new gemstore weapons and you can repeat breach another 300 times now! =3

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I played through the story and I’m not sure what to make of it. It was, again, too short. We learned too little and you used way too many cliffhangers again. On top of that, there was barely any gameplay what so ever, it was boring, it was not how I want to enjoy a videogame. This felt more like a “kill monster to unlock next cutscene” thing, and I totally dislike that.

Kill these monsters and go here to continue the story…..

Isn’t that 99% of all RPGs though, including MMO’s?

(Yeah, cliffhanger was disappointing, they always are.)

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

kokiman.2364

We had nice mechanics in other release, the stealth part with caithe or the glints lair section.

GuildWars 2

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I prefer serious players

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

We had nice mechanics in other release, the stealth part with caithe or the glints lair section.

The bossfight was likely the best one we have seen lately.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

kokiman.2364

Why?
It was literally do thing x to to force boss into state a, do thing y to make boss attackable, attack boss until 50% repeat thing x with 1 small additional “mechanic” (2 waves falling stones) to force him into state a again and after that you do y again with a small additional mechanic you can attack him and then you are done.

GuildWars 2

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

This has to be a troll post? Seriously? Open your eyes man this patch was kitten incredible.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Why?
It was literally do thing x to to force boss into state a, do thing y to make boss attackable, attack boss until 50% repeat thing x with 1 small additional “mechanic” (2 waves falling stones) to force him into state a again and after that you do y again with a small additional mechanic you can attack him and then you are done.

Isn’t that how scripted boss fights are in video games? I don’t think non-scripted fights would work very well in an MMORPG, it would add an extra “random” element in the fight, while scripted fights are easier to figure out and complete them.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Just think of it as watching Lost.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

In my opinion this has been one of the best patches so far.

It may not have taken a long time to complete, but the difficulty, story and trailer were absolutely fantastic.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well the serious answer is. Check how much you paid for the game and see if it was worth it. Living Story content is free, don’t give money in the gem store if you feel its not good enough content for you, but don’t feel entitled for more.

You can criticize the content itself saying that its not good enough or the story wasn’t good enough or things like that. The the amount of content was pretty much the same as it was in the last 2 years. They have enough resources to put that amount of content for the last 2 years, what do you expect? That they can double the amount of content? After a long break ya, but it was a two weeks break (you can’t count the two weeks of christmas as working time).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Just think of it as watching Lost.

Oh gods no.

. . . Lost season 3 was nowhere near as fulfilling.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

This has to be a troll post? Seriously? Open your eyes man this patch was kitten incredible.

It was good. But it was also short. I mean, previous releases included, for example, new areas. Lots more content. These last few I finished in… what, an hour maybe? No, it was a bit longer, but while they STORY was thoroughly enjoyable, the CONTENT was spare compared to the releases that opened up Drytop and Silverwastes.

I do want a good story. But I want more content too. It seems we get the story in droves, but the content in dribbles, and that’s somewhat disappointing. I’m holding out in the hopes the rumors of an upcoming boxed expansion is real.

Where is the gameplay?

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Why?

I’m pretty sure that’s how 95% of all bossfights in the history of videogames go. Press buttons in a sequence to defeat a harder enemy. That does not mean that all of them are good or that all of them are bad, though.