in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

page is usually revealed much earlier

Where is the next update notes?

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s really odd. The only preview I can find is on dulfy.net and that is only for the new masks etc. Weird they aren’t giving us a taste of the glory so we can see what it tastes like!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

I was wondering the same thing, been sat refreshing the page for a while now waiting to read the news on the next patch.

Guess I will just go play the game and come back in a few hours.

in Living World

Posted by: Ace.3816

Ace.3816

Still not up :/

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

In the meantime, if you go to the Releases page, on the right side there’s a serv-bot with a Santa hat in the ad for the Dec 10 patch. Click the image, and it brings up a preview video.

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

My theory is that they are afraid of shooting themselves in the foot with posting the Winter’s Day event.

Maybe reward or an event is failing to meet the deadline, and they are debating on releasing the details and information.

They have a horrible track record on that.

EDIT: That or they are working to pry Scarlet from the Winter’s Day storyline, because people are not responding well with her.

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

in Living World

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

In the meantime, if you go to the Releases page, on the right side there’s a serv-bot with a Santa hat in the ad for the Dec 10 patch. Click the image, and it brings up a preview video.

That’s been there since the release notes for Fractured last week, it’s nothing new.

in Living World

Soulstar.7812

Yup, something is seriously wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My theory is that they are afraid of shooting themselves in the foot with posting the Winter’s Day event.

Maybe reward or an event is failing to meet the deadline, and they are debating on releasing the details and information.

EDIT: That or they are working to pry Scarlet from the Winter’s Day storyline, because people are not responding well with her.

Wintersday content was finished 4 months ago

in Living World

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

OMG. Scarlet stole Wintersday. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

What? You mean it was started four months ago, right?

I just went to the website a few minutes ago to check what is in the new release. I was quite surprised that it has not been updated yet.

Fingers crossed this is not a sign that some Wintersday content is not complete and perhaps parts may need to be removed from release notes. Do not disappoint me like you did with Haloween!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Two hours and there won’t be 3rd dec in more then half of the world :-D

in Living World

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

maybe anet died?

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

in Living World

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday pushing things back further than anticipated, the page will go live tomorrow.

Sorry for the confusion.

in Living World

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

thats a shame is it really that hard to prepare 1 page with a little text and a few pictures on?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

thats a shame is it really that hard to prepare 1 page with a little text and a few pictures on?

Just because all we see is a “little text and a few pictures” doesn’t mean that is all that is needed for a preview.

They need to make sure that everything is set in stone, and stuff that should be in is in and so on. The posting itself is most likely a rather minor part of the preview page.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A dev posted in another thread that the Thanksgiving holiday pushed things back a day. The update will be tomorrow.

in Living World

Soulstar.7812

No.
They started working on it, four months ago.

I am questioning the fact if they finished the content they intended
and don’t play cute on wordplay over the word “finished”.

in Living World

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Just because all we see is a “little text and a few pictures” doesn’t mean that is all that is needed for a preview.

They need to make sure that everything is set in stone, and stuff that should be in is in and so on. The posting itself is most likely a rather minor part of the preview page.

So..explain to me than why Anet didn’t do what most companies would do, and complete the preview the week prior to Thanksgiving?

After all, if we’re to believe that this content is being worked on months in advance, they should have the material prepared, at the very least, within weeks of it’s release, right?

Or maybe, just maybe, this content really is being developed, and pushed out, within a month’s time frame, despite Anet saying otherwise, and they honestly don’t have any idea where they’re going with it.

After the abomination that was the Fractured release, and now this, more and more evidence is pushing towards the latter, and less of the former. Couple that with the fact that it took them until now to let people know the preview would be delayed instead of saying that it would be earlier, and it’s starting to, unfortunately, demonstrate that Arena Net is no longer the quality company it used to be.

These are mistakes that a rookie developing company should be making, not one that has nearly a decade of game development behind them.

(edited by Blade Syphon.4325)

in Living World

Posted by: Noodle.5974

Noodle.5974

Fractured wasn’t an abomination.
And
Stop taking every little detail and making a huge company-breaking deal out of it. As far as I know, December 3rd still hasn’t passed, and nothing nowhere states that the patch coverage hour is determined in advance.
That being said, if they miss it by a day, they should either complete their content in time or stop making false promises.

in Living World

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

You clearly don’t know how marketing works.

in Living World

Soulstar.7812

I do.

but then again I don’t work on building games.

If I did, I probably would can every writer that came up with this caliber of story writing. Walter White was right quality of product means everything, you peddle garbage don’t expect fans. (No offense to those who enjoy the current GW2 Living Story, only posting the obvious)

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

in Living World

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Was delayed because of thanksgiving? that was 5 days ago..

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

It’s a preview. I think we’ll all survive the preview being a day late. Some people need to step back a bit and stop acting like cruel masters.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

First time they have delayed the announcement so much. It is already 4th December here and I am trying not to go to sleep.

EDIT:

I went and checked the Anet’s message. Yes, they are going to release the preview page today (4rth December!) due to thanksgiving. So, no update I guess for many hours.

(edited by Jimaruto.5389)

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

First time they have delayed the announcement so much. It is already 4th December here and I am trying not to go to sleep.

Go to sleep. It will not come until tomorrow.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

Scarlet is disrupting the announcement, oh dear

in Living World

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

Of course they update the gem store before releasing the notes

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

OMGRRRRRD..the world ended.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

OMGRRRRRD..the world ended.

Don’t be silly. The world couldn’t have ended because in parts of it, it’s already the fouth.

in Living World

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

It’s 6:30am on the 4th of December right now.
Guess it won’t be updated until afternoon.
There is a lot more that Needs to be done anyway. o.o"

Trahearne <3

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If this is turning into “Scarlet stole christmas” update I’ll seriously uninstall GW2.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

To be honest I havent passed any of my marketing classes