Who is Braham, Rox, Kas, Taimi and Jory?

in Living World

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I joined GW2 around September 2013 however by then living story was well under way however I had no friends who played the game and being on Whiteside Ridge meant most maps were pretty dead. Leveling was a pain and I didn’t really commit to GW2 till the beginning of 2014 so missed most of the living story up until battle for lions arch.

You couldn’t really miss the battle for lions arch as it was such a big central event however I’m in a position where I still have no clue who the characters who call me boss are. Why do they call me boss and not commander? I’m guessing because they’re not in the pact but why am I the leader other than because I’m the player? How did I meet them and what do they mean to me?

I’ve read the wiki about it but it means very little to me, there’s been no struggle against Scarlet and they were strangers to me in battle for Lions Arch, which made for a comical Jory and Kasmeer moment.

I was hoping the tower of nightmares fractal might have included something on Marjory to flesh out her back story to those who weren’t there but it doesn’t. At this point I feel more connected to Laranthir, Shashoo and other random NPCs than my apparent guild.

I’d love to play (and pay for) a massively condensed Season 1 to actually develop some kind of bond with these characters who will have a major impact on the game.

Anybody else feel the same?

in Living World

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

You can read the plot for LS1 in the wiki.

in Living World

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

Missed a lot of LS1 events, since I didn’t have good PC back then and didn’t feel like playing before I got an upgrade.

Irritating? Yes, but that’s life.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You can get a chunk of it from the link Olba provided.

You should also have an in-game recap of sorts via your Story Journal – Remembering Scarlet’s War
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Remembering_Scarlet's_War

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Soggy Biscuit.9372

Soggy Biscuit.9372

Yeah, I wonder the same every time I see those NPCs, mainly because I missed the very first LS due to a long hiatus. I don’t care enough to wiki either, so I don’t know why those weird-looking people are following me around, calling me boss, or flirting 24/7 in front of me calling each other doll or love. So there’s just no getting myself into this whole thing. I just tab out whenever some dialogue starts.

in Living World

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

They are nobody important. See them as additional meat shields during the obligatory every five step battles during “living stories.”

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I don’t care enough to wiki either, so I don’t know why those weird-looking people are following me around, calling me boss, or flirting 24/7 in front of me calling each other doll or love. So there’s just no getting myself into this whole thing. I just tab out whenever some dialogue starts.

And the reason you play the story is…? Seems to me like a role-playing game, which are all story-rich, just isn’t your cup of tea.

@everyone else: Use the three sources provided to catch up on all events that led to Season 2. Those sources are: YouTube (whole Scarlet story covered), NPC at the beach on Lion’s Arch (recap on each story NPC’s background), GW2 Wiki (for details on the desctruction of Lion’s Arch, the shift in leadership etc.).

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

We met Braham and Rox first. Both were brash and kind of annoying, Braham more so. They were individually investigating strange happenings in the mountains between the Black Citadel and Hoelbrak. We helped them and and so they called us friend, but moreso they called eachother friend.

We met Majory and Kasmere when a member of the Lion’s Arch Council died and Marjory took the case to investigate. We helped track down the one behind it, but it turned out to be a bigger situation than all that.

We didn’t meet Taimi until close to the end when Scarlet implemented the Marionette near the Durmond Priory. It’s still there, if you’re curious.

Then the battle for Lion’s Arch happened.

So to why they call us Boss. That’s Marjory’s fault. Even though she should rightfully be the leader because she, not us, brought everyone together. She, not us, owns the place we initially called headquarters. She, not us, owned the investigation business that we were basically all becoming a part of. She, not us, decided we were the one in charge, and everyone else just went along with it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

We met Braham and Rox first. Both were brash and kind of annoying, Braham more so. They were individually investigating strange happenings in the mountains between the Black Citadel and Hoelbrak. We helped them and and so they called us friend, but moreso they called eachother friend.

We met Majory and Kasmere when a member of the Lion’s Arch Council died and Marjory took the case to investigate. We helped track down the one behind it, but it turned out to be a bigger situation than all that.

We didn’t meet Taimi until close to the end when Scarlet implemented the Marionette near the Durmond Priory. It’s still there, if you’re curious.

Then the battle for Lion’s Arch happened.

So to why they call us Boss. That’s Marjory’s fault. Even though she should rightfully be the leader because she, not us, brought everyone together. She, not us, owns the place we initially called headquarters. She, not us, owned the investigation business that we were basically all becoming a part of. She, not us, decided we were the one in charge, and everyone else just went along with it.

Ive seen this in pen and paper roleplaying. The character who is actually the leader gives someone else the title so that, when something goes wrong, deflecting blame is easier. “What do you mean MY plan got half the party killed, Joe is the leader, not me!”