Who's behind all these krait shenanigans....

in Living World

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

..Elder Dragons? ..Mursaat? ..Dhuum? ..The Bloody Prince? ..Menzies & The Shadow Army? ..Margonites? ..Palawa Joko? ..Isgarren? ..Seers?

Just please…be ANYTHING but Scarlet

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

(edited by Jeff.4680)

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s gonna be Scarlet. Calling it now.

Why? Because all of LS is based on Scarlet. Scarlet, Scarlet, and moar Scarlet.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Hopefully not Scarlet.

Probably is Scarlet.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Maybe Kraits? That would be the most logical after all

Professional noob guardian

in Living World

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

It’s most likely Scarlet.

The connection between this, and Twilight Arbor/The Nightmare Court seems obvious, and is confirmed in the preview at gw2hub. And who was just in TA messing about? Scarlet.

in Living World

Melfice.5091

The nightmare court isn’t on scarlets side though, and maybe it’s the krait that “hired” the nightmare court instead of the other way around

in Living World

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

But the Krait are xenophobic so why would they side with the Nightmare Court?!? ughhhhhhhhh… kitten Arena Net! Quit just throwing bad guys together and calling it an alliance under Scarlet -_-

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Living World

Melfice.5091

Maybe not really side with them, but deceive them and use them

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

But the Krait are xenophobic so why would they side with the Nightmare Court?!? ughhhhhhhhh… kitten Arena Net! Quit just throwing bad guys together and calling it an alliance under Scarlet -_-

Agreed, it is poor story telling it devalues what was set out previously in lore. Molten Alliance was a bad move (Fun content, but poor writing) and throwing more odd couples together for the strictly for the dynamic is not a good tactic.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Guild Wars without guilds warring….
Elder dragons that are talked about but never seen…

At least we get the plant people being the bad guy, over and over and over and over and over again. [end sarcasm]

I’ll go see what the next living story is about when its released. Given that only one in five is actually worth my time, I’m not hopeful that it will be fun.

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

That dosent mean that they are above making deals that benefit them in the long run they mite even plan on turning on the court when they have what they want

in Living World

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

it will be Scarlet, as much as I hate that. thankfully that means that I can ignore this LS update, unless we get to finally kill her, but that seems as unlikely as the krait teaming with the nightmare court…hmmm

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

in Living World

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

Am I the only one who expects it to be not Scarlet?

in Living World

Marquie Thomas.1873

ATM there is nothing tat leads me to think its scarlet no magitech no steam punk nothing that is associated with scarlet this seems like something else is behind this.

in Living World

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Of course its Scarlet. It’s not allowed to be anyone or anything else.

I do wonder if we’ll ever find out how she powered up Tequatl.

in Living World

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Am I the only one who expects it to be not Scarlet?

I made a similar post in another thread.

What if Scarlet is not allied or working with the Krait, but instead will be making a move on this new Tower of Nightmares. We could end up with a 3 way battle here between the newly empowered Krait, Scarlet and the Aetherblades, and us (in the forum of the Pact, Lionguard, Sylvari)

The preview page says that “A toxic seed has been sown. Guarded by magic, fed with evil, it grows.” What if either the Nightmare Court or Scarlet “left” an item of value in the lake for the Krait to find? The preview quote sounds like a nightmare tree seed.

Consider that around the lake here in Kessex Hills there are multiple faction’s bases. We have a Sylvari Warden Outpost to the southwest, Lionguard Haven to the southeast, and the Seraph Fort Salma to the northwest. (also I guess you can count the centaurs and bandits, but I don’t see them having any interest in getting involved)

Also, what about Caithe? If Scarlet is really going to be involved in some way, I would assume that Caithe would have incentive to come investigate. (This isn’t too far away, after all, from Twilight Arbor dungeon)

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Living World

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Hell, what if such a powerful confluence of evil magic draws Isgaren out of his floating tower to drive it off with an army of elemental minions, and we ally with him to destroy it?

The problem with all those theories is they dont involve Scarlet. Which makes them all wrong outright. Even if she’s not seen in this update, she will eventually be revealed to be behind it all. Just like Flame and Frost.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That preview tells us Scarlet is almost certainly involved. There’s Nightmare Court construction in the new obelisk AND the Krait are using the new Twilight Aetherblade weapons. Since the Nightmare Court do not have a presence in Kessex Hills, somebody must have given the technology to them, and Scarlet seems to be the only uber-villain capable of getting formerly xenophobic evil races to work together.

Am I happy about it? Not really. :P I’d really like to see different evil factions advancing their own agendas without necessarily all being controlled by some BBEG behind the scenes.

in Living World

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

And this is why you are supposed to be all the more impressed / afraid of Scarlet as she will be the one to make the krait ally with the nightmare court.

Scarlet has already made the racist, sexist, xenophobic flame legion char work for her, alongside another race.

Scarlet has already made the xenophobic dredge, who have freed themselves from very oppressive leaders twice before, work for her along side another race.

Why wouldn’t she be able to make the krait & nightmare court work together? This is her M.O. to a tee. She is above all. Better than the best Norn blacksmith, smarter than all the asura, the best char legionaire since sliced internet bread.

Make no mistake about it. Whether they fight against her or for her, the krait are now allied with the nightmare court and it is because of Scarlet Briar.

I wish I was wrong…. but all of the evidence suggests that I am not…

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

in Living World

Marquie Thomas.1873

That preview tells us Scarlet is almost certainly involved. There’s Nightmare Court construction in the new obelisk AND the Krait are using the new Twilight Aetherblade weapons. Since the Nightmare Court do not have a presence in Kessex Hills, somebody must have given the technology to them, and Scarlet seems to be the only uber-villain capable of getting formerly xenophobic evil races to work together.

Am I happy about it? Not really. :P I’d really like to see different evil factions advancing their own agendas without necessarily all being controlled by some BBEG behind the scenes.

Just to let you know the weapons in the Video and pictures are not aether blade TA weapons

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just to let you know the weapons in the Video and pictures are not aether blade TA weapons

After looking again more closely at the daggers being wielded by the Krait, it COULD be a different weapon, I’ll admit. The particle effects on Crying Thorn are missing from the pommel and crossguard on that Krait. Guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I still stand by my prediction that it’s Scarlet who’s behind their new toys/superweapon.