Why Thaumanova Fractal could be Awesome

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Wooden Potatoes lays it all out, and kitten… this could seriously rock our pants off.

http://youtu.be/oiMFEqz3GQ4

So much for those dismissing this fractal as “just another asura lab accident.”

Also, now I wish I had taken the Inifnity Ball in my backstory instead of the stupid weather-control device.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I watch all his videos and I enjoy them, but often think he’s a bit off mark, this however, is extremely convincing, and hope it all goes like this, well close to this… Well, as epic as this.

I was surprised that he didn’t mention Anthony Ordon’s quote on the forums “Watch the skies…” as it ties directly into what he was saying towards the end.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

in Living World

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

Im quite looking forward to the thermo frac. I love the lore in guild wars and as enjoyable as facing abbadon again may have been I think its time that modern tyria got a bit of lore love and as the thermo frac is one of tyrias and the asurans defining events it should be a real fun ride and it could go part of the way to explaining some of tyrias other strange events. I’m looking forward to this Anet. better make it good

in Living World

Posted by: Basara.3810

Basara.3810

Arena better be taking notes of this.

in Living World

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

A guy in the youtube thread was talking about watchknight technology and it reminded me of some Order of Whispers bonus material.

There’s an informant (see attached screenshots). When I talk to her on my guardian (Priory), nothing. But when I talk to her on my warrior (Whispers), she offers intel on Uzolan, the human inventor sponsored by minister Caudacus Beetlestone.

Uzolan built Uzolan’s Mechanical Orchestra (east of location on screenshot) and perhaps also the other mechanical wonders in Divinity’s Reach such as the massive mechanical solar sytem outside the palace and I presume he’s also claimed the watchknights as his work. It’s all the same kind of tech… mechanical, clockwork… that’s the advanced human technology theme. Only, Uzolan appears to have gotten hold of technology above his competence level.

So, while the watchknights are claimed as human creations they might not be.

Attachments:

in Living World

Cirian.8917

More on the topic of Living Story touched on by Wooden Potatoes, that stuff about Thaumacore Inquiy Center and how the Inquest tie in with the Aetherblades, and then there’s Scarlet who we can see is a sylvari (and being evil therefore, perhaps originally of the Nightmare Court).

Well, just nearby to the TIC to the north is Fort Vandal, base of The Sinister Triad. TST is just a nickname for the alliance of Nightmare Court, bandits and Inquest, but you have to wonder what they’re up to. That whole zone is all about those three factions working together, and just think what they’d get out of working together?

The bandits make great suppliers to the Inquest, getting hold of whatever research materials and the like they might need, and also providing manpower and networking with pirate groups. The Inquest are presumably the masterminds of the alliance, and this is the Thaumacore region remember so whatever their grand scheme is ties in with that.

Then there’s the Nightmare Court and Fort Vandal, which has high triad activity. On patrol outside is an encounter with Ebon Knight Carriadar, who is the leader of a trio of characters including Operative Comakk (Inquest) and Bandit Chief Thorne. What’s interesting is that Scarlet is also a leader figure, like Carriadar, and also Nightmare Court. So, is the Nightmare Court as integral to the motivations of the Aetherblades as the Inquest? It might be that “the nightmare” gives them visionary powers useful to the Inquest, allowing them to act as oracles.

With respect to Fort Vandal specifically, I do wonder if it’s an Aetherblade base. Perhaps the original headquarters in fact. It’s in the right place, surrounded by the right villains, the right facilities, the works.

Also, check out the npc chat in the second screenshot. Would make a great Aetherblade dungeon?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

OMG another Woody lore-nerd extravaganza!
Onwards!
*popcorn

Edit: Wow, now I actually am glad I voted for Kiel.
What a delicious game of intrigue this could turn into.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Living World

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

jawdrop

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

A guy in the youtube thread was talking about watchknight technology and it reminded me of some Order of Whispers bonus material.

There’s an informant (see attached screenshots). When I talk to her on my guardian (Priory), nothing. But when I talk to her on my warrior (Whispers), she offers intel on Uzolan, the human inventor sponsored by minister Caudacus Beetlestone.

Uzolan built Uzolan’s Mechanical Orchestra (east of location on screenshot) and perhaps also the other mechanical wonders in Divinity’s Reach such as the massive mechanical solar sytem outside the palace and I presume he’s also claimed the watchknights as his work. It’s all the same kind of tech… mechanical, clockwork… that’s the advanced human technology theme. Only, Uzolan appears to have gotten hold of technology above his competence level.

Plus I couldve sworn Uzolan died in CM.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Keep in mind that the Alleyway Lurker NPC has been there since launch and so is very likely completely irrelevant to the current arc.

The “above his competence” is likely meant to refer to the golem he creates for the Caudecus’ Manor dungeon, which is asuran tech and definitely above his competence. AlsoUzolan died in that dungeon, so I doubt he can claim the Watchknights unless they took some of his plans afterwards.

In which case they’re all idiots for continuing to use technology from someone known to be a threat to the queen to protect the queen.

in Living World

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i just had a thought

steam creatures = the (or a?) future of watchknights

my mind exploded

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Arena better be taking notes of this.

+1

If they had it planned then great, but if not and you have WP come up with this idea then fire the writers.

Every story since release has been quite boring, Then WP drops this mindbomb, such a huge difference from anything they have come up with so far.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

This video was awesome, I personally remember doing that infinity ball mission in the past and I too remember wondering.. the battle of divinity’s reach giving me questions. Now after watching this video I also remember the alliance heart quests in the western part of brisban wildlands where we had to disrupt the meetings and steal information etc. If it turns out that all these alliances are somehow tied together through the infinity ball personal story and thaumanova.. that would be epic. I’m just a little worried though, that it may all be unrelated afterall. I don’t recall seeing steam creatures with the aetherblades, I did not play during the pirate living story and I haven’t seen them spawning on any new places (perhaps I should go check that out again). But yea, looking forward to the 20th and see how much of our minds will get blown that Anet has actually created something awesome which seemingly felt irrelevant and unrelated.

On another note, Anet said we will be getting content that changes the world forever on a larger scale than we’ve seen before. Could it be that we fail the stop the steam creatures from rising to power and face them as the big bad guys for a while? Perhaps the fight with them could cause destruction or new steam creature bases where we get new events/hearts or something along those lines.

(edited by Lethalvriend.1723)

in Living World

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

GW1’s story was also all over the place in Prophecies an Factions. It wasn’t until Nightfall where it all kind of tied together.

It just seems like Anet’s style.

It is still a little wonky, IMO, but it works.

in Living World

Posted by: mjw.2017

mjw.2017

hire WP to do the living story

in Living World

Cirian.8917

Plus I couldve sworn Uzolan died in CM.

I’ve not played that dungeon, but wow, so he’s dead? He was supposed to be the great human inventor.

So, who made the watchknights? I think it was Jenna during the opening who specifically claimed it to be human technology.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Wooden Potatoes lays it all out, and kitten… this could seriously rock our pants off.

Also, now I wish I had taken the Inifnity Ball in my backstory instead of the stupid weather-control device.

I don’t get it. I watched the entire video and still it comes off as “just another asura lab accident.” I don’t understand the appeal.

in Living World

Posted by: Anathem.5760

Anathem.5760

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I don’t get it. I watched the entire video and still it comes off as “just another asura lab accident.” I don’t understand the appeal.

Well, for one thing, it is clearly not an accident. It was stated to be sabotage.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant