Why did we just got Fractured...

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Why Anet? Why make the rewards level account bound? Why reset it to level 30? I’ve been playing fractals for months, working really kitten getting 2 of my characters to level 49, one to level 50 and another one is still on her way. And what for? I could have been like every other fractal player doing level 28 over and over again. But no, I decided to advance my characters, to keep up the challenge and get them to where they are today. All that seem it was for nothing… I was extremely excited about the new fractal update. To be honest I couldn’t wait for today to get more info on it. All that is lost now…
There will be no reward or anything for being above level 30. No recognition for the hard work we put into it. No recognition for the endless hours spent trying to get past that dredge level or trying to survive another 25% health on Shaman, with little to no reward at the end of it all…
This might be the very first time I was let down this hard by Anet… I mean we felt like we were forgotten for the past year since fractals were first released getting little to no new content compared to PvE, PvP or WvW. But now it’s like you’ve taken it all away and start up from the very beginning. Even though we start at level 30, we been there months back… It’s almost like revamping PvP and making everyone above level 30 start at level 30 again… I wonder how that’d go over with all those hardcore PvP players.
It’s just not fair…
I’ll still play fractals, since it’s the one part of the game that is truly fun and challenging while we wait in between new Living Story updates, but it’ll never be the same

in Living World

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

lvl 40+ drops the tonic. As for the other ten levels you worked for, I don’t know what to say, they have to think reasonable when it asking themselves how many people will be achieving this. I do think something at 50 would be nice, like a tittle or something to note one of the most difficult achievements in the game

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

… But there’s not much difference rewards wise if you are level 30 compared to level 50, what you’re missing out is some additional fractal relics, as well as being able to do more fractals for the chest (5 times given the difficulty scale) but that’s time consuming as hell.

If you like challenges then you’ll have more progression now, which will give you more of what you like (at least that’s what the release notes say). Altoholics will be pleased with this change since you don’t have to grind to 50 with 8 characters.

Although I do agree that getting to 50 takes some time and it would had been nice to get something from it. Btw how come this didn’t bothered people before?

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiiku.2917

Kaiiku.2917

Although it may seem to you like you’ve lost your progress, now that everyone higher than 30 would be reset to 30 (myself included), and that the progress is account bound, you can pick your character(s) and grind them to the highest level you want, and then gloat about it account-wide.
Also, with new rewards and bosses at all levels, I’m sure it’ll be fun to relive the ‘lower’ levels.

~ Kaiiku Yintro: 80 Human Warrior ~
~ Kira Yintro: 80 Human Mesmer ~
- Yak’s Bend -

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

ArenaNet change goalposts all the time, players should learn to be prepared for it. Sometimes it benefits you, sometimes not.

I shall say this though. Fractals is a love it-or-hate it thing. A Fractal-only update might end up annoying a lot of people who either really really dislike it when it’s the only content in an update, or annoying a lot of people over L30. I hope they thought it through well. One other thing – if I get into that story mission, and find out that in the Thaumanova Reactor “Scarlet came and kitten got serious” I will be really rather sad. I hope for something more inventive. Something new.

in Living World

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I liked the changes, even though there’s no reward for people who got past lvl 30

But I’m afraid, I played both Molten Alliance and Aetherblade dungeons, and most PUGs gave up in the last boss fight because of the new mechanics
Sure, that’s something you can only get better playing, but imagine how many times you are going to end a fractal run without reward because your party was not able to kill Mai Trin?

I don’t like to sound elitism, but that fight used to be really punishing for even good players

in Living World

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

the story instance definitely has scarlet….sorry but you mays well prepare for that now….its obvious

in Living World

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

Altoholics will be pleased with this change since you don’t have to grind to 50 with 8 characters.

Not exactly.
Leveling up fractal levels was one of the few things that you could replay with alts.
It also sounds like the boss reward chest is going from daily per char to daily per account.

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I really like the fractals, am at lvl 30 atm, I dont always have time to do it and usually I do it friends and guild. I am REALLY happy with this update, they make it easier to get rings, weapons and introduce new fractals and challenges. Also the only reason to reset to 30 was to make Leaderboard rush fair for all. They added gold as a reward so higher the level more the gold. Lvl 40+ fractals (done it lots of times just for fun) are difficult without strategy so I guess with this new instability thing it will be exremely challenging, harder than most dungeons so there will be nice reward of gold. and it was kinda also unfair no-gold reward or fractals for over a year.

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’ve been playing fractals for months, working really kitten getting 2 of my characters to level 49, one to level 50 and another one is still on her way. And what for?

“What for?” That’s a good question since, at the moment, there isn’t any reason to get to level 50 but you chose to go for it anyway.

Sure, that’s something you can only get better playing, but imagine how many times you are going to end a fractal run without reward because your party was not able to kill Mai Trin?

Having PUGs trying to do a living story dungeon placed in LA is a completely different animal from level 30+ fractal runner PUGs. I have no doubt those doing high level fracs will develop optimal tactics.

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Altoholics will be pleased with this change since you don’t have to grind to 50 with 8 characters.

Not exactly.
Leveling up fractal levels was one of the few things that you could replay with alts.
It also sounds like the boss reward chest is going from daily per char to daily per account.

Oh well the reward chest per account sucks.

Then I was totally wrong with alts, I thought people wouldn’t like to run that many fractals per character, given that if you want to take your Ranger (for example) to a specific fight you don’t have to be penalized by level.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

g e o.2589

Not exactly.

Then I was totally wrong with alts, I thought people wouldn’t like to run that many fractals per character, given that if you want to take your Ranger (for example) to a specific fight you don’t have to be penalized by level.

I think account-wide chests is kinda fair. You know how easy it is to exploit it? Just imagine, fractal lvl is distributed across account right? So whenever you get to maw fractal with desired character, you log out, log in with a newly created character that already has lets say lvl 30. He gets lvl 30 rewards, relics and prestines maybe not weapons, then you delete the new char and repeat, unlimited pristines.

in Living World

Zanthrax.6538

but isn’t there a repeatable chest? that you get over and over?

in Living World

Romo.3709

Not exactly.

I think account-wide chests is kinda fair. You know how easy it is to exploit it? Just imagine, fractal lvl is distributed across account right? So whenever you get to maw fractal with desired character, you log out, log in with a newly created character that already has lets say lvl 30. He gets lvl 30 rewards, relics and prestines maybe not weapons, then you delete the new char and repeat, unlimited pristines.

You realize fractals take longer than 30 minutes, right?

in Living World

g e o.2589

Not exactly.

You realize fractals take longer than 30 minutes, right?

I know but some people, obviosuly ones with #NOLIFE #FARM4EVA, do several daily, I know one player who does it like 4 or 3 times a day to do all dailies, imagine if people like him had a chance to get unlimited daily chests……

in Living World

Romo.3709

I know but some people, obviosuly ones with #NOLIFE #FARM4EVA, do several daily, I know one player who does it like 4 or 3 times a day to do all dailies, imagine if people like him had a chance to get unlimited daily chests……

Each fractal run normally takes about an hour and a half on average (higher levels at least). Three or four runs would end up being 4:30- 6:00 hours long. Which is not really a #nolife status during a weekends or a holiday breaks which we will be getting a lot of this time of the year.

But now since it’s an account bound thing, there really is no reason what-so-ever to play fractals more than once per day.

The whole idea of creating a new character is why fractal levels should remain character-bound. Because frankly, there are some characters people just don’t know how to play on and some characters that they’re actually good on.

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The whole idea of creating a new character is why fractal levels should remain character-bound. Because frankly, there are some characters people just don’t know how to play on and some characters that they’re actually good on.

It doesn’t really matter since currently people can, and do, already join level 30 group sand suddenly be like “what is AR?” when you get to the boss.

in Living World

Zanthrax.6538

Each fractal run normally takes about an hour and a half on average (higher levels at least). Three or four runs would end up being 4:30- 6:00 hours long. Which is not really a #nolife status during a weekends or a holiday breaks which we will be getting a lot of this time of the year.

But now since it’s an account bound thing, there really is no reason what-so-ever to play fractals more than once per day.

So your saying this game should cater to those that are on holiday break and only want to experience fractals and as such require a purpose to play gw2 daily for more than 2 hours tops? You are aware you can play other things in the game yea? Could the game benefit from some completely not required reward thats cosmetic that simply requires 200 hours of your time therefore having some sort of prestige for those no lifers? sure….but I mean cmon….this change is fine….if you log on to gw2 and expect to be entertained for 4-6 hours a day doing fractals only then regardless of the rewards you are gonna get burnt out quickly.

in Living World

Romo.3709

So your saying this game should cater to those that are on holiday break and only want to experience fractals and as such require a purpose to play gw2 daily for more than 2 hours tops? You are aware you can play other things in the game yea? Could the game benefit from some completely not required reward thats cosmetic that simply requires 200 hours of your time therefore having some sort of prestige for those no lifers? sure….but I mean cmon….this change is fine….if you log on to gw2 and expect to be entertained for 4-6 hours a day doing fractals only then regardless of the rewards you are gonna get burnt out quickly.

Wow that post completely went over your head. The person above me said that if you do 3-4 fractals you have no life. On a weekend you can easily get up before 12, do 3 fractals and still go out for the rest of the day and have fun even after you do different things in the game before you go out. That’s really not a #nolife status. Read before you go off on me for no reason…

in Living World

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Kinda had an idea the account wide was coming, not many players were going to waste climbing that ladder multiple times. Good call by anet.

JQ Druid

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Personally speaking, I’m glad for the account wide Fractal personal reward/difficulty level. I was slowly building up all my characters through the levels, but this cuts down on the number of runs I have to do. (I sympathise with those who already got high levels on multiple characters though.)

Now, when is ANet going to make WvW rank account wide?