Why hasnt anyone brought this up?

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Scarlet had a dream of choking the pale tree and from the trailer vines attacking/choking people and recent vine activitys with the waypoints why hasnt anyone realised that mordy has the pale tree targeted to either corrupt it or kill it, that is not known but because of scarlets dreams and the vines being confirmed mordys i fear the grove will turn into what la became, a war zone the pale tree is seriously in danger somehow scarlet saw what mordy wanted (which would also confirm that it was mordy driving her madness her vision was obviously of mordys vines

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Well the Pale Tree is in the Grove but the vines are going East and are spreading into Kissex Hills now. If its target was the Pale Tree, it’s making one hell of a detour.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Well the Pale Tree is in the Grove but the vines are going East and are spreading into Kissex Hills now. If its target was the Pale Tree, it’s making one hell of a detour.

Well it was also shown that the pact in timber was hit very hard in the trailer, im guessing mordy just hasnt hit the pale tree yet (prioritizing ftw down with megalazer long live the elder dragon!) if the pale tree was corrupted… Id say mordy would have an army the size if not bigger than zhaitans

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Why hasn’t anyone Brought* this up?

Man, don’t mean to be a grammar kitten but brung is just straight up not a word. It’s cool if English isn’t your first language, this is just to help you improve.

EDIT: Kudos for the change!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

(edited by Draknar.5748)

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Man, don’t mean to be a grammar kitten but brung is just straight up not a word. It’s cool if English isn’t your first language, this is just to help you improve.

Fixed for the grammer troll

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

I can see them having the grove fight being the final chapter of season 2, like battle of la was for s1 scarlet awakened the dragon for the purpose of that vision. the vision was her motive which in a way can easily relate to the nightmare court, bringing up the question if the nightnare court could of been mordys minions all along (nightnare being his corruption) could the dutchess possibly be a champion?

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Fixed for the grammer troll

Well, was trying to be cool about it, you know, grammar could make or break your chance at a job.

I mean this in all seriousness as I hire people as a profession. I’ve straight up tossed out applications and resumes because they have misspellings and grammatical errors. Don’t fall into that category.

If that makes me a troll, then a troll I am.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

No its just your very off topic and youre bringing zero into the topic cant u grammer police AND stay on topic by adding to the conversation (sheesh lol)

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I would have probably noticed if I gave a single care about the Sylvari, but I don’t.

Let me know when he gets around to planning an attack on a race I actually care about. (Charr, Skritt, Grawl)

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

I would have probably noticed if I gave a single care about the Sylvari, but I don’t.

Let me know when he gets around to planning an attack on a race I actually care about. (Charr, Skritt, Grawl)

As trehearne once said if syvari ends tyria ends (we need an endless plant army from somewhere lol) if the syvari died in tyria the other races would also die out stated many times in game

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

In a way, I have brought it up in the ‘oh god no’ topic. I’m concerned that ‘dying’ was part of Scarlet’s plan to spread the vines in some way. My fear is that it’ll take years before we’re finally rid of the ’baby’s first fantasy character’.

No its just your very off topic and youre bringing zero into the topic cant u grammer police AND stay on topic by adding to the conversation (sheesh lol)

Is your writing here intentional?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

In a way, I have brought it up in the ‘oh god no’ topic. I’m concerned that ‘dying’ was part of Scarlet’s plan to spread the vines in some way. My fear is that it’ll take years before we’re finally rid of the ’baby’s first fantasy character’.

Well of course scarlet would know of mordys vine corruption because thats basically why she woke mordy up, to ultimately either kill or corrupt the pale tree (not sure on which yet) i really like the grove and rather not see it in flames, the pale tree is a huge benefit to tyria concerning the mists and would be beyond a hugemongeous lost, tyria would be lost i doubt many people realize how big of a role syvari play in tyria

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Well of course scarlet would know of mordys vine corruption because thats basically why she woke mordy up, to ultimately either kill or corrupt the pale tree (not sure on which yet) i really like the grove and rather not see it in flames, the pale tree is a huge benefit to tyria concerning the mists and would be beyond a hugemongeous lost, tyria would be lost i doubt many people realize how big of a role syvari play in tyria

Nonsense.

Sylvaris didn’t exist when the world began because they are non-essential to the well being of Tyria. That’s nothing but a Sylvari propaganda — the Sylvari race can disappear and Tyria will continue to exist.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Nonsense.

Sylvaris didn’t exist when the world began because they are non-essential to the well being of Tyria. That’s nothing but a Sylvari propaganda — the Sylvari race can disappear and Tyria will continue to exist.

Not true they are very essential to surviving this cycle of the elder dragons, caithe created the pact trehearne lead the pact and SUCCESSFULLY killed zhaitan the very first dragon kill in history led by syvari!!! Without syvari tyria would be up s*** creek like the last cycle, they get ALOT of credit for saving tyria

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Technically, humanity can disappear from Earth and it would continue to exist, too.

Honestly, there is a point here . . . the sylvari are not here to keep the world in balance, I think. They’re here to help ensure this iteration of the cycle of Elder Dragons waking doesn’t end in everything being destroyed and them going back to sleep.

That’s right. The sylvari are Tyrian Commander Shepherds.

. . . kill them quickly before we get to the asura building a machine they don’t know how it works based on desperation and it offers only a choice of red, blue, or green.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Technically, humanity can disappear from Earth and it would continue to exist, too.

Honestly, there is a point here . . . the sylvari are not here to keep the world in balance, I think. They’re here to help ensure this iteration of the cycle of Elder Dragons waking doesn’t end in everything being destroyed and them going back to sleep.

. . . kill them quickly before we get to the asura building a machine they don’t know how it works based on desperation and it offers only a choice of red, blue, or green.

+1

in Living World

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

The grove becoming a war-zone?
Maybe then plant-city won’t look like the garden of the Teletubbies any longer.

Urgh…bad memories of Space-Jesus who get’s to choose the color of his chross.

You shouldn’t even mention that as a joke, it could be closer to the truth than you think. Just look at the colors of the colleges:
Dynamics=Blue
Statics=Red
Synergy=Green

(edited by tekfan.3179)

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I hope not. I really hope that isn’t the case. The Sylvari just being a new product of Mord’s children are more plausible to me than making them out to be Tyria’s antibody. Especially considering the Dragons don’t devour magic and instead, via incorporating it into their being, slowly give it off while they sleep. The EDs themselves are Tyria’s reset switch… making the Sylvari pretty much redundant.

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Not true they are very essential to surviving this cycle of the elder dragons, caithe created the pact trehearne lead the pact and SUCCESSFULLY killed zhaitan the very first dragon kill in history led by syvari!!! Without syvari tyria would be up s*** creek like the last cycle, they get ALOT of credit for saving tyria

Well, I distinctly remember killing a God in Guild Wars, without the help of a Sylvari.

I guess they are not as important as you wish them to be.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

Well, I distinctly remember killing a God in Guild Wars, without the help of a Sylvari.

god.. but still just a human god

elder dragns are far superior than just gods

in Living World

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Abaddon could take on any Elder Dragon 1v1 easy.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

Abaddon could take on any Elder Dragon 1v1 easy.

not even chuck norris could take on an elder dragon head on

and he would do abbadon within 20seconds

you know nightfalls last mission was soo easy because it was just a human god

one mission earlier lich + shiro (+ a bunch of mobs) that was challenging

a bunch of non human mobs in dungeons from eye of the north were also reeeally powerfull
or take in consideration urgoz or kanaxai
thy all are about en par with dwayna balthasar grenth kromir lyssa or dhuum sorry but melandru is just meh…^^
in terms of style dhuum is pretty much the godfather of… hes nice
but the actual strength… nope

whilst human gods powerlevel is over ninethousand!

elder dragons level is off the scale!!!

you know what sunk arah?
not ahuman god.. just a normal human/kilbron/wesir/lich who used a spell with most likely help of our favourite undead dragon… even if he was asleep xD

what could gods do?
create their own realm…step onto a new continent…

not so impressive^^

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The idea that Scarlet might use an Elder Dragon against the pale tree makes more sense to me than the idea of Mordremoth using Scarlet.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

The idea that Scarlet might use an Elder Dragon against the pale tree makes more sense to me than the idea of Mordremoth using Scarlet.

Heh, Scarlet is dead and there aint no using Mord in her future.

Perhaps it would have played out that way. A common flaw in most villains is hubris, thinking they’re in control when they’re actually in way over their head. Though I don’t think it had fit her MO, she didn’t hate nor discriminate the Pale Tree – more so she simply wanted to be free of the burden that was limiting her curiosity. It’s not like where the Nightmare Court is literally trying to change The Dream in their image, Scarlet was just pursuing knowledge and as such was driven mad by what she found.

Reminds me a little about Saren from Mass Effect who thought the only means to survive was through working with the Reapers. Arrogantly he thought he could learn to resist indoctrination and then lead the Reapers under his control instead. Clearly it didn’t work out like that, he was being the puppet and not the master.

Right now it’s difficult to determine but hopefully that’s what these coming episodes will divulge in.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

The vision and mordy did lead her to do what she did but she also agreed with it and said herself “i have my own reasons for doing this too, get out of my head”

Kinda like shes saying ill help you help me just shut up and let me do it already, she fought with the entity for quite some time before her death

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Elder Dragon would win because they can siphon/consume magic and gods are made of magic. If we forget about that ability Six Gods>Elder Dragons.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Elder Dragon would win because they can siphon/consume magic and gods are made of magic. If we forget about that ability Six Gods>Elder Dragons.

6 gods are also VERY easily corrupted like any other human in tyria, oops sorry grenth you’re now a icebrood win

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

6 gods are also VERY easily corrupted like any other human in tyria, oops sorry grenth you’re now a icebrood win

Do not think so. There is no instance that Gods were corrupted. Spirits of the Wild were destroyed/consumed on a spot not converted. Priests? Not a problem, they were/are mere mortals. Gods, not so much.

in Living World

Posted by: Wickonian Pirate.8716

Wickonian Pirate.8716

where does it say that god’s are made of magic? and even if they were how do we know it’s the same form that the dragons consume, the god’s arn’t from this world remember.
and we know there are ways to perform feats equal to that of magic without using magic, hell that’s what the original ritualist profession was based around.
Also, just saying oh the dragons would consume them, or look how easy we beat abbadon, just doesnt hold up.
Firstly if the dragons can just auto beat anything made of magic, or anything that uses magic we would never have been able to defeat zhaitan, secondly on a lore stand point we had the blessings of the other god’s aiding us in defeating a god who was still in chains and weakened from centuries of imprisonment. The reason you found it easy killing him mechanically compared to lich and shiro is a limitation of the mechanics of the game and the fights, had nothing to do with the lore.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

What’s your point? My point is clear that no one race is important in order for Tyria to survive and it would be ridiculous to believe that the Sylvari is important.

Honestly, there is a point here . . . the sylvari are not here to keep the world in balance, I think.

The Elder Dragons keeps the world in balance. Not Sylvari, not human, not charr, or quaggan.

They’re here to help ensure this iteration of the cycle of Elder Dragons waking doesn’t end in everything being destroyed and them going back to sleep.

We don’t know that. We don’t even know if Mordremoth will be one of the dragon that will destroy everything, or he’s one of the dragon that will restore everything after the dragons of destruction did their part. It’s a fact that Primordius is a destroyer and Zhaitan too, and a slight possibility that Kralkatorrik is too. But little is know if Jormag is also a destroyer and less known about the undersea dragon and Mordremoth.

What if Jormag, Mord, and UDD are the opposite force of Primo, Zhai, and Kral (respectively)? That the one who guided Thraherns dreams to destroy Zhaitan is nothing but Mord himself?

Too many possibilities. The races, imho, are nothing but pawns.

Meh, not even close.

I highly doubt that it will resolve to that. I have reasons to believe that not all dragons are inherently evil, that some of them exists to restore the balance — which leads to a legendary dragon vs. dragon battle of epic proportion in the future — hopefully.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

where does it say that god’s are made of magic? and even if they were how do we know it’s the same form that the dragons consume, the god’s arn’t from this world remember.

It’s also important to note that a few if not all but Abaddon are not the original gods either. Grenth Usurped Dhuum for example.

When people found out what the ending was in Guild Wars Eye of The North, some speculated that through the energies Dragon’s gave off (supported by the experiment Asuras did with Primordus) granted them amazing feats. Now I’m not sure on it, I have my doubts – that and I don’t remember if gods: Grenth, Dwayna, Balthazaar, and Lyss had ascended before or after their arrival to Tyria.

in Living World

Wickonian Pirate.8716

It’s also important to note that a few if not all but Abaddon are not the original gods either. Grenth Usurped Dhuum for example.

When people found out what the ending was in Guild Wars Eye of The North, some speculated that through the energies Dragon’s gave off (supported by the experiment Asuras did with Primordus) granted them amazing feats. Now I’m not sure on it, I have my doubts – that and I don’t remember if gods: Grenth, Dwayna, Balthazaar, and Lyss had ascended before or after their arrival to Tyria.

dwayna balthazar and Lyss were already ‘gods’ when they arrived in tyra, grenth was the only one to become a god post arrival, and he was still something very close to before gaining his title. I never completed FOW (fissure of woe) in guildwars 1 but i’ve read that you meet balthazar’s brother menzies. This is going a bit off topic but i wonder if menzies and dhuum are still about, and if so are they in a position to meddle with the current state of affairs.

in Living World

Wickonian Pirate.8716

oh forgot kormir in that last post, but yu can’t blame me, kormir is pretty forgettable

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

We fought one God in GW1. Weak and still imprisoned. In that state, Abbadon was able to wreak torment upon a vast area. All of Elona and as far as LA and KC. He was able to change the reality of the world in certain areas, the Nightfallen areas. He was able to place his followers, the Margonites, as well as torment demons seemingly at will through Elona. He was able to corrupt and transform, as we saw with Varesh. He was able to orchestrate the Searing, the Destruction of Orr, Shiro, and the events of both Prophecies and Factions as well as NightFall. In captivity.

In short, this weak, imprisoned God was able to do as much or more than what we see from a Dragon. Abbadon released from captivity and at his full powers, a dragon would be an annoyance at best. I would conjecture that if Nightfall had come, and the dragons awakened in that, the only survival for them would have been as vassals to Abbadon.

Despite the retcons, Dragons are not gods. No comparison.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I can see them having the grove fight being the final chapter of season 2, like battle of la was for s1 scarlet awakened the dragon for the purpose of that vision. the vision was her motive which in a way can easily relate to the nightmare court, bringing up the question if the nightnare court could of been mordys minions all along (nightnare being his corruption) could the dutchess possibly be a champion?

GW2 devs will not stop until every city is permanently destroyed.

in Living World

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

what about Mordemoth’s Champions? We haven’t see any yet and im pretty sure Scarlet isn’t his champ

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

If nightmare court are mordys minions the Dutchess could end up being a champion… Other than that he might not even need a champion with the way his vines are attacking the pact theres also a theory that the Pale tree was once his champ but has become immune to it due to the connection to the dream, the OTHER pale tree in magus could already be his champion and the vines are coming from that pale tree, its uncertain atm

What is almost certain tho is that the grove is most likely gonna be the next natural disaster, (pale tree dies bur gives the pc a seed of herself to replant or something) but that trees gonna face mordys wrath and it would be in her best interests to tell us what she knows

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)