Why is SW suddenly dead ? O _ O

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Haaaaiiii

So 2 days ago I was playing and the map was so full everywhere I went there were people playing, I even found maps that had 50-60 commander tags on them and the LFG tool was full of SW ferries, and now today I log in and all of a sudden it’s dead. Everything is dead, all the people disappeared, everyone is gone…

What happened ? It’s only been 2 days.

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

New content will have a surge of people at the beginning who are trying it out and getting their achievements done.

After that initial wave, the population will always start to decline as the players go back to doing their regular stuff.

Some people might blame the population shift on the change to the chest spawns. While there may be an overall population drop due to that, those players were not actively participating in the map, therefore losing them does not have any negative impact on the map’s ability to complete events.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

this is why i do events as quickly as i can, while there are those that might laugh and think it’s funny trying to do everything so quickly. i end up telling them “if you’ve been playing since closed beta, then you know as well i as i do that you need to do these events as soon as you can because in a couple of days the majority of the map will likely be empty” they shush up real nicely.

of course the recent nerf from the chests made people leave a little quicker.

there are still a lot of people doing these events so just try to finish things before the new update hits.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

New content will have a surge of people at the beginning who are trying it out and getting their achievements done.

After that initial wave, the population will always start to decline as the players go back to doing their regular stuff.

Some people might blame the population shift on the change to the chest spawns. While there may be an overall population drop due to that, those players were not actively participating in the map, therefore losing them does not have any negative impact on the map’s ability to complete events.

Okiez, ty

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I think it will eventually be similar to Arah in that you may have to use the lfg tool to organize a map for meta events. Unless the area that opens next week requires these metas in order to start or something. Or, the map may actually change a bit so that the forts can be held a bit more firmly. (I hope!) :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The new area was fun while it lasted, but it gets old really fast with the constant attacks and paper thin forts. No matter how hard you work the forts are just doomed as nothing lasts.

And now that the chests got nerfed no big draw for all the farmers.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yeah, the mechanics of the place is clear as mud.

I have protected many a dolyak but i can’t say if it has any effect on the state of the fort. Nor does protecting the repair guy after a successful defense seem to matter much.

And then the breaches happen at near random, sometimes with and sometimes without the toxic smog.

Only place i felt i could really do something besides zerg the mordrem waves was up at blue fort, where i can grab a hammer and build some additional barriers along one of the walls.

in Living World

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

lmao look at all these people on denial

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Called it.

Again, for those that complained about the chest farming and the zerg not helping you get your achievements, how’s it working for you now?

Enjoy the newest dead zone.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Im doing them right now on deso, but seems ok to me?

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

If you complain about something (in this case, farming) you’re basically telling everyone around who could possibly help you do achievements, to leave.

Now that farming is nerfed (because of all the complaints), there’s no swarm of people around to help do the events.
Before, it was a profitable situation, now its empty. Think before you complain.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you complain about something (in this case, farming) you’re basically telling everyone around who could possibly help you do achievements, to leave.

Now that farming is nerfed (because of all the complaints), there’s no swarm of people around to help do the events.
Before, it was a profitable situation, now its empty. Think before you complain.

Except they were all at Amber so technically they’re no worse off.

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

When I first walked in I saw all the work they did with the AI, different enemy types, it was a fresh zone. I was under the impression that this was a place where diversity in builds becoming the most optimal could finally come to realization. I was excited, crafted the sinister setups for a couple characters and tried out some condi type specs that gave some fairly admirable results. I was enjoying it for the most part, did the sinister setups for thief, necro, warrior, and really enjoyed its capabilities.

Then I realized I didn’t break out any of my full berserker setups to compare effectiveness that I used on my fractal characters. When I did that everything blew up before it could even get up from CC even the husk veterans with “tough bark” dropped before the AI could even kick in, and most if not everything fell within a rotation. I basically proved myself wrong, crushed my own dreams of there finally being other options that we can review and discover to be potentially powerful and interesting, and the potential there was to go back and start discussing maybe new and interesting profession builds outside of the zerker meta that could play to various different strengths of a profession and how those strengths could potentially be used to counterplay different mob mechanics. Everything even the underground champions still favored pure raw damage to take advantage of the additional mechanics of the fights.

Silverwastes lost its appeal to me the moment I realized I could blow everything up before it even came close to touching me.

I guess I’ll come back later once the other armor pieces unlock, ti’ll then I’ll probably just go stand in lion’s arch with a spiked fruit in my hands.

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

The events reward you shovels and other loot for succeeding (smart move by the devs to only allow keys to be purchased and not shovels). So there’d be people around to do them.

Concentrating on Amber won’t win it all. You needed Forts (4/4) Upgrades (4/4) then everyone gets rewarded shovels/loot. And being able to farm was part of that reward system.

So what if people found a new farming ground, you wouldn’t be there alone.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

The events reward you shovels and other loot for succeeding (smart move by the devs to only allow keys to be purchased and not shovels). So there’d be people around to do them.

Concentrating on Amber won’t win it all. You needed Forts (4/4) Upgrades (4/4) then everyone gets rewarded shovels/loot. And being able to farm was part of that reward system.

People got more than enough shovels by farming Amber only.

in Living World

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No reason to play this map as soon as you completed the achievements (2-3 hours).

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Haaaaiiii

So 2 days ago I was playing and the map was so full everywhere I went there were people playing, I even found maps that had 50-60 commander tags on them and the LFG tool was full of SW ferries, and now today I log in and all of a sudden it’s dead. Everything is dead, all the people disappeared, everyone is gone…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/amber-farm-destroyed/first

That is why the new zone is dead, all these other reasons about the achievements being done, and all maps have this is minimal, the above link is the real reason the zone is a ghost town now.

in Living World

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

They were pretty much zero help – the farmers wouldn’t help hold forts except on rarely – hung out at Amber and scaled things up and that was about it.

BTW – The fort defenses suck a little too much on these. The fort closes to the wp gets some well positioned arrow carts. But Amber get “cannons” with crappy range and very limited field of fire.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

in Living World

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Silverwastes isn’t quite complete yet. I’ve had all of the achievements and shoulderpiece done within the first two days, but I still go back to help others get the achievements and because I like the large scale organization that takes place.

Next week, we’ll probably see an extension of the meta events as more of the map is uncovered.

It’s been longer than 2 days btw, it came out last week.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Massive nerf + mobs don’t drop loot + boring, unchallenging faceroll content = empty map.

in Living World

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I wouldn’t call it “dead” yet, although it does seem a bit quieter. Despite the changes to the Amber farm, it is pretty normal for any new content to eventually quiet down after the initial rush is over and the novelty wears off. That being said, I’m really hoping that event scaling (down) will work well for this zone. That may be a misplaced hope though based on a recent experience where a handful of us were able to take a fort but then when The Breach happened, there was no way that same small group had a chance at the boss. We barely chipped away 25% of its health before the time was up.

The point is that any new content will eventually become old content with fewer players. Hopefully a small coordinated skilled group would have a chance to be successful with that content when scaling is working. It doesn’t seem right that content would only be winnable with a large zerg present.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

They were pretty much zero help – the farmers wouldn’t help hold forts except on rarely – hung out at Amber and scaled things up and that was about it.

BTW – The fort defenses suck a little too much on these. The fort closes to the wp gets some well positioned arrow carts. But Amber get “cannons” with crappy range and very limited field of fire.

That’s not true at all. Even if the farmers only helped defend Amber, they still helped the overall events progress to completion. Granted, it was slower than all four keeps being held, but it was still done. They had to, in order to keep farming that area, and see more badges and awards.

In fact, from my experience, the farming maps still got all the bosses downed except maybe Gold and Silver.

Last night, after the nerf, I saw only Copper, Iron, or both getting downed . . . maybe. Channels filled with people looking for an active map. Looking for the legendary bosses. And getting more desperate and wondering what happened.

It was pathetic. But not unexpected. It proves your defense that they were ‘pretty much zero help’ statement is untrue.

How many threads did you see saying how dead or empty the new zone was before the nerf? And how many now? Please think about what you’re saying.

This is a case of the vocal minority not seeing the big picture yet again. And they never do. Always unhappy that players are playing the game in a way they don’t like.

It’s the Queensdale train and the Coil all over again.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

ANet should probably look into ways to scale events, their timers and rewards to be more suitable with low population. DT and SW won’t have many people on them forever, particularly as more metaevent-based maps are released.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

You’re missing his point. He’s saying they still had to complete the events to progress the farming. The shovels are moot if players didn’t have keys. They bought keys with badges earned from chests and event completions.

These completions progressed the map and often spawned legendary bosses. The reward system kept players interested. And if needed, the zerg would help certain areas.

Now?

You have this thread and the situation Mxz describes.

It’s not rocket science. It’s cause and effect.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I went there for the first time in the middle of the day (so off-peak) today and it looked pretty busy. There were 3 or 4 commanders on the map and lots of people doing all the events. I was there for about 45 minutes and only saw 1 notification that a fort had fallen to the Mordrem.

Admittedly I didn’t see it before to compare, but if that’s the new quiet version I think I’m glad I didn’t see the busy version because I’m not sure my internet connection could handle it.

(It might also be an advantage of being on Desolation. Even with the mega-servers I, and other people in my guilds who are on the same server, seem to have an easier time finding active and organised PvE maps than most people on the forum.)

There also seemed to be a lot of chests about, at least relative to Dry Top. I know they reduced the number in 1 area but is it really that hard to find ones to farm?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

You’re missing his point. He’s saying they still had to complete the events to progress the farming. The shovels are moot if players didn’t have keys. They bought keys with badges earned from chests and event completions.

These completions progressed the map and often spawned legendary bosses. The reward system kept players interested. And if needed, the zerg would help certain areas.

Now?

You have this thread and the situation Mxz describes.

It’s not rocket science. It’s cause and effect.

As I said already, they stayed at Amber and did the events there while farming. They did not have to do events at the other forts to get shovels.

It’s not rocket science.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

mXz said this: (smart move by the devs to only allow keys to be purchased and not shovels)

You (Ayrilana) said this: People got more than enough shovels by farming Amber only.

And I said this: You’re missing his point. He’s saying they still had to complete the events to progress the farming. The shovels are moot if players didn’t have keys. They bought keys with badges earned from chests and event completions.

And then you said this: They did not have to do events at the other forts to get shovels.

And I again say you’re missing his point.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

For anyone still reading this, try taxi-ing into your instance! Just say something along the lines of “actually trying to play this” and your party will fill up fast. LFG tool, Open World Content.

And: “No matter how hard you work the forts are just doomed as nothing lasts.” As much as I love the new map, I have to admit things are way too hectic to hold down with two skilled people, which is all I can guarantee a fort. I’d say about five people are needed there at all times to comfortably survive the forts. Ideally the events would scale to happen a little less often, or maybe even something like “tremors are appearing around Red Rock, hurry to Red Rock!”

in Living World

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Haaaaiiii

2 days ago I was playing the map and the only fort being defended was amber which had a massive zerg. Everybody was farming chest and completely ignoring the rest of the map.

Today all the forts were being defended, breaches were being successfully completed, legendary bosses were spawning all over and we still had time to open a few chest in between events.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

mXz said this: (smart move by the devs to only allow keys to be purchased and not shovels)

You (Ayrilana) said this: People got more than enough shovels by farming Amber only.

And I said this: You’re missing his point. He’s saying they still had to complete the events to progress the farming. The shovels are moot if players didn’t have keys. They bought keys with badges earned from chests and event completions.

And then you said this: They did not have to do events at the other forts to get shovels.

And I again say you’re missing his point.

It simple. Read the rest of his posts and mine instead of cherry picking random lines.

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

As I said already, they stayed at Amber and did the events there while farming. They did not have to do events at the other forts to get shovels.

It’s not rocket science.

The key phrase there is “did not have to” which does not preclude them from doing anything. It’s not rocket science, it’s more like marketing. Do you know what a loss leader is?

I was an amber chest farmer myself, but at times I even commanded for amber when it was needed, and between chest spawns I’d go out to fetch the pack bulls and what not. Even without people like me doing that stuff for the instance, the fact that you get one fort essentially for free makes it that much easier for everyone else to handle the other 3. Now you have fewer people trying to maintain more forts. How’s that going?

It’s really too bad and so sad that some people actively choose not to learn from established patterns. Even mice are capable of learning from repetition.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

See now. Leablo gets it. Yes, it’s simple. Yet. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not rocket science.

The key phrase there is “did not have to” which does not preclude them from doing anything. It’s not rocket science, it’s more like marketing. Do you know what a loss leader is?

I was an amber chest farmer myself, but at times I even commanded for amber when it was needed, and between chest spawns I’d go out to fetch the pack bulls and what not. Even without people like me doing that stuff for the instance, the fact that you get one fort essentially for free makes it that much easier for everyone else to handle the other 3. Now you have fewer people trying to maintain more forts. How’s that going?

It’s really too bad and so sad that some people actively choose not to learn from established patterns. Even mice are capable of learning from repetition.

Here’s my post including the ENTIRE post that I was responding to. It pays to read the entire post and not cherry pick pieces of it.

Notice the last bit that Ardenwolfe conveniently left out? The player I responded to made it off as if concentrating on all forts and getting max upgrades was the only way to for everyone to get loot. That was not true. If people farmed Amber only, like I clearly said, then they’d get enough crests and shovels to farm it indefinitely.

That user originally made a post that people are now worst off that people can no longer farm chest at Amber like before which resulted in less people. The majority of the farmers stayed at Amber the entire time and did not go to the other forts. Did you not see the plethora of threads/posts over the weekend of people complaining that they were all by themselves at forts while everyone else was at Amber? Selective memory, perhaps?

I responded by saying that the farmers were at Amber so people trying to do the entire meta for achievements or whatever are really no better off now. This, as you can probably guess, is because those Amber farmers were not contributing anything to the other forts to begin with. The most you can say is the loss of an almost guaranteed claimed fort. I say almost because there were several times that we actually lost Amber with everyone there.

in Living World

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Since they fixed ‘Fixed a bug in which Lost Bandit Chests near Amber Sandfall spawned too fast and too numerously.’ the map did change a bit

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

That user originally made a post that people are now worst off that people can no longer farm chest at Amber like before which resulted in less people. The majority of the farmers stayed at Amber the entire time and did not go to the other forts. Did you not see the plethora of threads/posts over the weekend of people complaining that they were all by themselves at forts while everyone else was at Amber? Selective memory, perhaps?

I responded by saying that the farmers were at Amber so people trying to do the entire meta for achievements or whatever are really no better off now. This, as you can probably guess, is because those Amber farmers were not contributing anything to the other forts to begin with. The most you can say is the loss of an almost guaranteed claimed fort. I say almost because there were several times that we actually lost Amber with everyone there.

This is one of those posts where you’ve indirectly proven you don’t get it and just don’t know it or don’t care because you’re blindly defending a nonsense position.

First, please point out where the original poster, or anyone in this thread, said that “people can no longer farm chests at Amber” or words to that effect.

Second, even if you believe farmers at Amber (all of them) did nothing to help events in other forts, which is untrue as pointed out by Leablo with his comments, the overall effect is that those farmers in Amber did help the quests to completion with only the final Gold and Silver bosses being the ones often not defeated.

Third, the point Mzx was making is that now there are fewer people to overall help with the events and achievements period. Has the fact that you’re posting in a thread marked ‘Why is SW suddenly dead?’ completely escaped you?

Also, the fact that you keep saying all the farmers or players around Amber did not help other forts is such a gross blanket statement it’s embarrassing. And utterly untrue.

The point he’s making, which you keep dancing around in your defense, is that there are fewer people to help others who didn’t get the achievements early on. That has zero to do with keys, shovels, or the other nonsense you keep bringing up.

Didn’t think I had to spell it out for you, but apparently so.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

If you were in SW today defending forts killing Legendaries and attempting the breach, chances are you came through my taxi. A guildy and I partied up around 11-12pm PST and I starting to taxi people in under the tag “breach map farm” or something along those lines. We defended for nearly 4 hours with 3-4 tags, Red Rock being left wig out a tag as it’s the easiest to defend. I think we attempted the breach 4-5 different times, the last one with Gold at 50% hp. I can assure you the map was not capped as I had a steady flow of players hopping in and scattering to different parts of the map, so it is doable, just need to adjust numbers at certain forts for when the breach happens.

I intend to keep this going until no one will come on the map.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

This is one of those post where you’ve indirectly proven you don’t get it and just don’t know it or don’t care because you’re blindly defending a nonsense position.

First, please point out where the original poster, or anyone in this thread, said that “people can no longer farm chests at Amber” or words to that effect.

Second, even if you believe farmers at Amber (all of them) did nothing to help events in other forts, which is untrue as pointed out by Leablo with his comments, the overall effect is that those farmers in Amber did help the quests to completion with only the final Gold and Silver bosses being the ones often not defeated.

Third, the point Mzx was making is that now there are fewer people to overall help with the events and achievements period. Has the fact that you’re posting in a thread marked ‘Why is SW suddenly dead?’ completely escaped you?

Also, the fact that you keep saying all the farmers or players around Amber did not help other forts is such a gross blanket statement it’s embarrassing. And utterly untrue.

The point he’s making, which you keep dancing around in your defense, is that there are fewer people to help others who didn’t get the achievements early on. That has zero to do with keys, shovels, or the other nonsense you keep bringing up.

Didn’t think I had to spell it out for you, but apparently so.

I never said that anyone said they could no longer farm Amber. What I was correcting was him saying that people had to do the other bases in order to get shovels to farm chests. Why are you twisting what I said into something that I did not say?

For the second point, not all of the time. I clearly stated this. We lost amber several times because people were farming chests rather than defend the base. Other bases had little to no people because everyone was at Amber. There were several posts/threads overt the weekend with people complaining about this. Are you selectively reading parts of my posts?

I know full well that there are fewer people. The entire point that I was making was that the nerf was negligible to the impact on events getting done since a lot of the farmers did not do the other bases. If this was not the case then people would have no reason to complain that the other bases were being ignored.

I never said all farmers did not help. That’s something you came up on your own.

I only did for Amber for the chests after I got all of my achievements. I did not care for the success of the other forts. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that others felt and did the same as me. The countless complaints over the weekend about people like me are evidence to this. The number of forts that I saw contested almost the entire time also shows this.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

The new area was fun while it lasted, but it gets old really fast with the constant attacks and paper thin forts. No matter how hard you work the forts are just doomed as nothing lasts.

And now that the chests got nerfed no big draw for all the farmers.

Really, I’ve been on the map enough and watched enough defend events to figure out it doesn’t take a rocket scientist or a ton of players to defend each fort. By estimation with proper placement of defenders and use of the air strikes each fort can be defended by a minimum of 10 players(probably even, but this would require people to use their brains and think, and organize, just like WvW, which this so happens to resemble.

The biggest problem I see is the Husk Slinger and Smashers…those are basically what end up breaking the walls down, you take them down quick enough(which the air strikes do not do on their own) and you wouldn’t see the forts breached as easily.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

I never said that anyone said they could no longer farm Amber. What I was correcting was him saying that people had to do the other bases in order to get shovels to farm chests. Why are you twisting what I said into something that I did not say?

I never said all farmers did not help. That’s something you came up on your own

And the wheels on the bus go round and round. . . .

That user originally made a post that people are now worst off that people can no longer farm chest at Amber like before which resulted in less people.

“or words to that effect”

This, as you can probably guess, is because those Amber farmers were not contributing anything to the other forts to begin with. The most you can say is the loss of an almost guaranteed claimed fort. I say almost because there were several times that we actually lost Amber with everyone there.

Are you not even reading what you write? Geez. On that note, a legendary just spawned on the map and then despawned because not enough were there to take it before it killed everyone who tried. Yes . . . despawned.

First time I’ve ever seen that happen.

“Negligible to the impact on events getting done”

. . .

Negligible . . . right.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I never said all farmers did not help. That’s something you came up on your own

And the wheel on the bus go round and round. . . .

That user originally made a post that people are now worst off that people can no longer farm chest at Amber like before which resulted in less people.

“or words to that effect”

This, as you can probably guess, is because those Amber farmers were not contributing anything to the other forts to begin with. The most you can say is the loss of an almost guaranteed claimed fort. I say almost because there were several times that we actually lost Amber with everyone there.

Are not even reading what you write? Geez. On that note, a legendary just spawn on the map and then despawned because not enough before could take it.

First time I’ve ever seen that happen.

You’re back to cherry picking and not reading everything that I’m saying. Maybe I should spell out the entire discussion for you with commentary as you seem to have difficulty following it. Perhaps that would resolve this.

Those who farmed Amber primarily and nothing else had no impact on whether the other towers succeeded now or not. They were at Amber the entire time.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll walk you through it.

I was addressing the second part. He mentioned that now there’s no swarm of people to help with events. Based on what I saw, read on the forums, and heard from a lot of people, a lot of those events did not even get done when there were swarms of people as they were focusing on Amber and farming chests.

I stated the Amber chest farmers were primarily farming chests and did not care about the other events. Since a large percentage did not help out at other events, them suddenly disappearing because of the fix had a negligible impact.

He went on about how events reward shovels which make people need to do events. He then said that people needed to hold all forts with makes defenses so that everyone gets rewarded loot and shovels. There were enough events at Amber, with people participating, to provide enough shovels to dig up all the chests. Do events elsewhere on the map wasn’t necessary._

As I said above, people got all the shovels they needed to continuously farm Amber chests from the events at Amber.

Then we start the entire thing with you saying I’m missing the point, not reading and so on.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

Those who farmed Amber primarily and nothing else had no impact on whether the other towers succeeded now or not. They were at Amber the entire time.

This will be my last post to this nonsense because you just don’t get it or just don’t want to get it . . . even after I posted my recent experience tonight with a legendary mob . . . yes at Amber.

You see, as I already said and other(s) pointed out as well, your above statement is just not true. One even posted he commanded in-between fights to help forts and caravans other than at Amber.

It’s also, for the very last time, not the point Mzx was making. He is saying the OVERALL effect was to the benefit of the map to completion. He’s not saying those people were or were not helping other forts.

He is saying they still helped the map . . . again overall.

Yes, you’re missing the point big time, even with another poster pointing out what he meant, and still you don’t get it. So, obviously, I’m wasting my time explaining what he meant repeatedly.

You just keep telling yourself you’re right.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

This will be my last post to this nonsense because you just don’t get it or just don’t want to get it . . . even after I posted my recent experience tonight with a legendary . . . yes at Amber.

You see, as I already said, other(s) pointed out your above statement is not true. One even posted he commanded in-between fights to help fort and caravans other than at Amber.

It’s also, for the very last time, not the point Mzx was making. He is saying the OVERALL effect was to the benefit of the map to completion. He’s not saying those people were or were not helping other forts.

People have no incentive to kill a legendary if they already have it. Throughout the entire weekend people called legendaries but I never went for them as I had that achievement. You know, people tend to not go to maps if there’s no rewards and they have nothing to go there. That’s the general progression of a lot of these living story meta events. You get everything does right when it comes out otherwise you run into what we have now.

You cherry picked that quote like everything else. Notice how I said “those who farmed Amber primarily and nothing else”? That doesn’t mean everyone. The keyword being those as I was specifying a certain group of people.

There’s some minor detail somewhere that you’re missing and there’s really nothing that I can do at this point to help you see where I was coming from. I’ve explained over and over my arguments and event broke down how the discussion started out and yet you can’t see it.

You see, as I already said, other(s) pointed out your above statement is not true. One even posted he commanded in-between fights to help fort and caravans other than at Amber.

Again I never stated that nobody ever left and helped. It’s just that the majority of people chose not to which was why there were low numbers at a lot of forts causing people to come onto the forums to complain.

in Living World

Posted by: Vitaly.3418

Vitaly.3418

The SW map is dead, I’ve heard the same from other friends etc. At first I didn’t believe it until I hit the map up. It’s so barren compared to it being completely full. I’m not a farmer but I found the chest runs entertaining because they were so fast paced. Having ADD the whole “OMG look a ping to the west!! Now to the North!!” was fun while it lasted.

Now that it’s dead I’ve noticed and heard people say that once they finish off their keys they wouldn’t return to the map. Honestly I agree with them, there is nothing worth my time on this map for me. I’d rather go mindlessly kill things for my slayer achievements.

It’s just sad to see this new content die so quickly, perhaps the farmers were an issue but on every farm map I was on there were always other tags at the other forts. Most maps would get 4/5 on the bosses, guess that wasn’t good enough for some.

The best thing to do is just enter the map during peak hours, then pop open LFG and pray you’ll find a taxi to a more lively map. Gl to all those who still need some achievements but I doubt the maps will ever be as lively as they were pre-nerf.

in Living World

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

This will be my last post to this nonsense because you just don’t get it or just don’t want to get it . . . even after I posted my recent experience tonight with a legendary mob . . . yes at Amber.

You see, as I already said and other(s) pointed out as well, your above statement is just not true. One even posted he commanded in-between fights to help forts and caravans other than at Amber.

Yes, you’re missing the point big time, even with another poster pointing out what he meant, and still you don’t get it. So, obviously, I’m wasting my time explaining what he meant repeatedly.

I agree that event farming (and need thereof) is one the biggest problems of GW2. But here you clearly have an example of someone not arguing along the lines of what is good for the game, but from a hierophantic position of “people should play the way I want them to” (aka the “right” way).

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I agree that event farming (and need thereof) is one the biggest problems of GW2. But here you clearly have an example of someone not arguing along the lines of what is good for the game, but from a hierophantic position of “people should play the way I want them to” (aka the “right” way).

That’s not what I’m arguing. I was not taking a position for or against the farm.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

. I’m not a farmer but I found the chest runs entertaining because they were so fast paced. Having ADD the whole “OMG look a ping to the west!! Now to the North!!” was fun while it lasted.

What? It was fun? Running from one place to another and picking up free loot was fun? For hours?

in Living World

Posted by: Zoss.2871

Zoss.2871

. I’m not a farmer but I found the chest runs entertaining because they were so fast paced. Having ADD the whole “OMG look a ping to the west!! Now to the North!!” was fun while it lasted.

What? It was fun? Running from one place to another and picking up free loot was fun? For hours?

Sure can make fun. I remember me on GW1, there were chest farming too. For example in Witman’s Folly. For you isn´t fun, but for other is.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Sure can make fun. I remember me on GW1, there were chest farming too. For example in Witman’s Folly. For you isn´t fun, but for other is.

Yes, it does seem my interpretation of fun is vastly different.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoss.2871

Zoss.2871

Thats right, every one have a different interpretation of having fun ingame. For example me, I like to make events but sometime like to farm or open chest. Is every day different. ;-)