Why is the Toxic Alliance still around??

in Living World

Posted by: ArtsyAlraune.3940

ArtsyAlraune.3940

Seriously. I am so tired of seeing these things. They’re still in Kessex, Queensdale, Gendarren Fields…! People stopped doing them or caring about them before that patch was even over. They’re a blight and the fact ANet hasn’t bothered to remove them now that Scarlet’s forces are no more is really, really annoying to me.
I’m not asking for Kessex to be back to normal at all. I’m glad they left part of the map damaged by the whole thing— but these events should really be gone by now.

in Living World

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Zhaitan’s no more. Risen are still around.

Even in GW1, players beat the big baddie and the big baddie’s armies stuck around quite a while.

in Living World

Posted by: KeenObserver.9851

KeenObserver.9851

It really bothers you that much?However,it’s a good question: P

in Living World

ArtsyAlraune.3940

It does bother me more than it should I guess, I RP and my character was heavily invested in Kessex Hills and its recovery after the Tower of Nightmare was felled. It’s frustrating that the Toxic Alliance are still around spreading that stuff months after the fact, and Scarlet is gone.

Imagine if they left the Molten Alliance events lying around the Shiverpeaks and Ascalon. It’s the same thing.

The Risen have been around since launch and are part of the main story campaign, so that’s different.. The Toxic Alliance was part of the living story, for which they have a consistent record of removing events and instances for once the story had moved on. They’ve taken out just about every trace of the Aetherblades and Molten Alliance from the landscape and relegated them to Fractals…

(edited by ArtsyAlraune.3940)

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Seriously. I am so tired of seeing these things. They’re still in Kessex, Queensdale, Gendarren Fields…! People stopped doing them or caring about them before that patch was even over. They’re a blight and the fact ANet hasn’t bothered to remove them now that Scarlet’s forces are no more is really, really annoying to me.
I’m not asking for Kessex to be back to normal at all. I’m glad they left part of the map damaged by the whole thing— but these events should really be gone by now.

Since we’re going after Modremoth next, it makes sense to keep them around. The Toxic Alliance is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the Nightmare Court, and the Plant Dragon has some sort of connection to the court as well. I hope we see more of them in the future LS updates!

I really hope Anet decides to name the main leader of the bunch and show us the drama within this group.

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

ArtsyAlraune.3940

Since we’re going after Modremoth next, it makes sense to keep them around. The Toxic Alliance is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the Nightmare Court, and the Plant Dragon has some sort of connection to the court. I hope we see more of them in the LS updates!

I really hope Anet decides to name the main leader of the bunch and show us the drama within this group.

Fair point. I wouldn’t mind them coming back, I suppose. Maybe the toxic-krait would hail Modremoth as their new god? The main problem I see with this group even staying together is that Scarlet baited the krait with the “obelisk” that was the Tower of Nightmare… which is, of course, gone. So I’m wondering what’s keeping them there.

It just feels like an oversight to leave the events as-is for so long, though. It’s like they just forgot about ’em.

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Aetherblades are still around too, in the jumping puzzle, TA, and EotM.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Living World

ArtsyAlraune.3940

Aetherblades are still around too, in the jumping puzzle, TA, and EotM.

TA is a whole other can of worms. I’m assuming they planned on leaving the new path alone because they knew the story was going to end eventually.

Still, that’s different from them just being out in the world the way they are. The Toxic Alliance has even less of a reason to still be around than the Aetherblades— Krait are extremely xenophobic, and the one thing Scarlet had for them that they wanted was the “obelisk”, which has been gone for months.

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Scarlet was still offering Obelisk Shards. Now that she’s dead the Toxic Courtiers are nothing more than slaves to find new shards. They do have slaves remember? So why waste such a valuable resource?

Having Sylvari slaves that hunt Obelisk Shards and aid the Krait in killing their enemies is what Krait would typically do anyways…

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I . . . don’t think they can just walk away from each other. I think whatever the heck Scarlet did for them to be able to do what they do has warped them.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Molten Alliance Charr can’t return to the Flame Legion due to their failures and thus will have to intergrate with Dredge nation and have to serve the Moletariate which almost all Dredge are ruled by.

The Aetherblades have some scheme going on….

The Krait likely are going to enslave the Toxic Courtiers obviously considering they thrive on enslavement.

in Living World

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They should be appreciated, as they are more challenging than the original enemies in that area. Scarlet’s army is still being held together by something and probably have a leader hiding in the shadows, and possibly he’s been the actual leader all along and not Scarlet.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Living World

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Extremists always exist, ideas can’t be extinguished. WWII is over but people still think Germans are kittens even though I’d bet there are more kittens in the U.S. than in Germany. (stupid filter, can’t even have intelligent conversations… kitten = pro Hitler camp)

It’s the IDEA that keeps it going, not the leader. Terrorism is one of the things you can’t just ‘cut the head off the snake and its body dies’ like in a war with a nation. Terrorism is more like cutting the tail off a lizard and it keeps growing back or thinking you killed the mushroom by squishing it and spreading its spores all over the place or setting fire to a forest only for it to grow back stronger.

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Charr that joined the Molten Alliance are stated by ArenaNet to banned from rejoining Flame Legion Society unless they get results which they didn’t.

The Moletariate had the whole Dredge Society join the Molten Alliance and since they already are the entire Dredge Society(aside from Rebels) they can’t rejoin Dregde Society(you can’t rejoin something you never left).

The Moletariate is the only Government the Molten Alliance has now that Scarlet is dead so the Charr will have to serve them to survive.

The Toxic Alliance is also easy to explain:

The Toxic Courtiers are a splinter faction of the Nightmare Court.

The Krait enslave other races(slaves are the second most valuable reasource to the Krait with Obelisk Shards as the first).

The Krait just got themselves a new set of slaves and since they likely know how to create more Toxic Courtiers they will gather more Sylvari slaves to add to their Toxic Alliance(a fitting name for the Krait’s new empire).

in Living World

Posted by: Rils.7368

Rils.7368

It’s worth noting as well that toxic krait are also a splinter faction. Just like the toxic courtiers, they were changed by Scarlet. Angel talked about this in one of the other threads here – the “normal” krait see them as fools chasing false and failed gods. Having been enslaved to Scarlet’s will, how would they fare returning to a society who feeds on slavery?

Neither one of these societies will accept back those who joined Scarlet. My guess is that the Toxic Alliance is still around simply because they have nowhere else to go.

in Living World

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

I’ll quote the aforementioned post from Angel McCoy herself in case there’s still some confusion (and if anyone wants to check out the thread she replied to, as she did write other interesting posts in it too):

4. Why do her alliances…continue working with her?

Each has its own reason.

Krait: They’ve been warped by Scarlet and the Nightmare Court. By the end, the scenario had changed. Scarlet proved she could bring back a prophet to their satisfaction (whether it was actually a prophet or not, no one really knows, but the toxic krait believe it was). And they can’t exactly go join other normal krait. How do you think regular xenophobic krait would feel about these toxic ones?

Dredge: They want power and magic. This group of dredge see an opportunity to add magic to their repertoire. Given their history, this would be a huge feather in their caps. Besides, how often do you get the opportunity to atomize a city like Lion’s Arch? Now that’s fun!

Flame Legion: They want technology and power. This group of FL is taking a huge risk. If they can go home with awesome swag, then they’ll be welcomed, but if they can’t, then they’re likely to be killed the moment they arrive. A large body count (especially the charr and human ones) along with whatever weapons technology they manage to acquire is an inspiring reward for them. And, they get to say they helped bring down Lion’s Arch. They hope to be lauded as heroes when they return to the FL.

Based on this reply and the use of the phrase “this group of dredge” in it, it’s not actually the whole Moletariate which is invested in the Molten Alliance but only a faction as is the case with the splinter group from the Flame Legion.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

It’s worth noting as well that toxic krait are also a splinter faction. Just like the toxic courtiers, they were changed by Scarlet. Angel talked about this in one of the other threads here – the “normal” krait see them as fools chasing false and failed gods. Having been enslaved to Scarlet’s will, how would they fare returning to a society who feeds on slavery?

Neither one of these societies will accept back those who joined Scarlet. My guess is that the Toxic Alliance is still around simply because they have nowhere else to go.

I just thought about this as I read your post: What if the Arnold Schwarzenegger-styled Toxic Alliance threatened Faolain’s Court? Given the fact that courtiers do have deadly rivalries with each other, it is plausible that some sort of fight will break out between the two. Play TA up/up and watch the story associated with that dungeon if you don’t believe me. Plus, Faolain is weak from all the pompous “Kings & Queens play” that she and her followers love to do. She isn’t prepared for a war.

Apologies to the all the pro-NC folks (esp. the NC Rpers). It has to be said that Faolain is ridiculously easy to beat in this game esp. if Caithe is in the same room.
The Graveling boss in AC path 2 presents more of challenge than Faolain ever has. (:p) That’s just sad.

(edited by kta.6502)