Why?

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

Why do people see the need in trying to change the game into what they think they want?
Why do people complain about the game so much?
Why do people want mounts?
Why can’t people let Anet do their jobs instead of trying to do it for them?
Why do people want to make this game into their old game?
Why do people want expansions, When living story will add more content for free over time? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

This game has taken a new route on MMO’s that others are afraid of. GW1 did the same thing. This game has to be different from all other games including GW1. From what I understand about GW1 is this. If Anet had the resources to create GW1 as they wanted to, GW2 is what it was suppose to be. They did not have the resources so they created a great game GW1 using instanced content instead. Now they have that ability and have learned a lot from GW1 in how to back ground updates, make changes without kicking everyone off for hours, and giving us a great game to play.

Do they take ideas from other games well yeah of course. All games do this, but are not always successful. Does GW2 work with other games on how people play yes of course, there is no subscription fee. This gives anyone who plays and does not have the money to play two sub games a lot of choice.

Stop trying to make GW2 into other games. Make suggestions that work with this game not because it comes from another game, but because it will work with this game. Suggestions Like new weapon skills (not weapons) with existing weapon skills giving new builds to try. Not suggestions like we need the holy trinity back.

GW2 has the most potential for changes over any game out there because of design. Changes pretty much on the fly any time they want. Sometimes announced sometimes not. If you want to farm constantly in the same place Aka endgame this game may not be for you. If you like a constantly changing game with new things to farm or do then this game is for you.

P.S. Anet or any other MMO developer does not owe the players anything in particular to what they think they deserve. They only try to give them the best experience they can for the type of MMO it is.

This is not being a fanboy I have respect for all games, because I know I do not have the ability to make them. I also know that to develop them it takes a lot of people.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Why do people see the need in trying to change the game into what they think they want?
Why do people want expansions, When living story will add more content for free over time? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

This game has taken a new route on MMO’s that others are afraid of. GW1 did the same thing. This game has to be different from all other games including GW1. From what I understand about GW1 is this. If Anet had the resources to create GW1 as they wanted to, GW2 is what it was suppose to be. They did not have the resources so they created a great game GW1 using instanced content instead. Now they have that ability and have learned a lot from GW1 in how to back ground updates, make changes without kicking everyone off for hours, and giving us a great game to play.

Do they take ideas from other games well yeah of course. All games do this, but are not always successful. Does GW2 work with other games on how people play yes of course, there is no subscription fee. This gives anyone who plays and does not have the money to play two sub games a lot of choice.

Stop trying to make GW2 into other games. Make suggestions that work with this game not because it comes from another game, but because it will work with this game. Suggestions Like new weapon skills (not weapons) with existing weapon skills giving new builds to try. Not suggestions like we need the holy trinity back. *

GW2 has the most potential for changes over any game out there because of design. Changes pretty much on the fly any time they want. Sometimes announced sometimes not. If you want to farm constantly in the same place Aka endgame this game may not be for you. If you like a constantly changing game with new things to farm or do then this game is for you.

P.S. Anet or any other MMO developer does not owe the players anything in particular to what they think they deserve. They only try to give them the best experience they can for the type of MMO it is.

This is not being a fanboy I have respect for all games, because I know I do not have the ability to make them. I also know that to develop them it takes a lot of people.

I’ve said before that I don’t really mind losing the Holy Trinity. What I hate is the lack of build diversity that stems from weapon skills. This is a spot that could use a major overhaul in my opinion. GW1 had it right. Each weapon had multiple skills that could be swapped out. This is what GW2 needs. Using the same 5 two handed sword skills with my Guardian becomes very tedious after a while. It’d be nice to be able to swap them out. I understand that it would be a kitten to balance when adding several more skills for each weapon (for each class), but it would be awesome to have that option.

Valar Morghulis

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why can’t people see that criticism and feedback is necessary for a game’s development?
Why can’t people differentiate between criticism and whining?
Why are you complaining about complaining?

I criticise the game because I care.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Because people are aware of systems established long ago which can function in an efficient manner, and care enough about the game to prefer having those systems back over innovative yet lacking systems which often lead to discontent among veteran players.

That said, I generally like the overall concept of this game and agree that some systems are requested inertially, and while they do not belong to this game, something still has to be done to unleash the full potential of the now stagnant “innovative” system.

20 level 80s and counting.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

Criticizing is fine if it is something that helps the game itself, for what type of game it is. I know you care I care too. Like Nat I would like new weapon skills, and some other things in the game. I do not want this game to emulate other games, because that is what I am used to. I want this game to be different not like other games. Of course some improvements can be suggested. As long as it is about this game and no others.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

There is a fundamental question missing.

Why do MMOs have a forum?

Once you answered this question all will be clear.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I see far less genuine criticism than I see absurd hyperbole, to be honest. Constructive criticism would be fine.

As to the OP: The only one I take issue with is the same amount of content delivered via LS. It’s possible, but… well, I’ll have to wait and see how Season 2 pans out. I have my doubts, but I might be proven wrong.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Criticizing is fine if it is something that helps the game itself, for what type of game it is. I know you care I care too. Like Nat I would like new weapon skills, and some other things in the game. I do not want this game to emulate other games, because that is what I am used to. I want this game to be different not like other games. Of course some improvements can be suggested. As long as it is about this game and no others.

Well, if other games doing something right, why not emulate it? Because is already used anywhere? So, you want novelty for the sake of the novelty?

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

There is a lot of improvement for this game, that can not be argued against. How that goes about is where the issue is

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

Everyone has their own vision of the game, some people want some things, others want other things; The game caters to some and not others. There will always be people that disagree with the direction the game is going even if Anet are making the “best” (most popular / profitable) decisions.

Amidst the sea of complaining, there are legitimate criticisms and concerns. While the majority are hyperbole and shouldn’t be taken seriously, there is usually a legitimate reason for the complaining that should be taken seriously. For instance with the Crown Pavilion.

Hyperbole: Anet’s Crown Pavilion is a zergfest and it is impossible to get an organized group started.

Legitimate Concerns: It is hard to predictably get groups of people on the same map, chat suppression is a detriment to cooperation, It is easy for people to leech and make it harder for everyone else who wants to succeed.

I don’t know, waypoints are awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

Anet wouldn’t even have these forums if they didn’t find the feedback and discussion useful. All but the most toxic of feedback helps. Reading and considering views on this forum is part of “their jobs.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_retrospection

Personally, as someone who buys gems somewhat regularly, would rather throw some money at Anet for an expansion if they added more content then they do now. This comes down to the whole Cash Shop vs Subscription debate. Generally, people with more disposable income would rather spend it to get more regular game content and people without it are reluctant to spend more.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

1. Because I’m a paying customer and I want to enjoy the game.
2. Because they released an awesome game with loads of content, turned around and said, we’re not going add content like this. Instead we’re given achievements. No depth is being added.
3. Why don’t want mounts? What about riding on a horse, moa, asura is unattractive to you?
4. Because they’re failing at adding of serious import. In the last year, we’ve been given one new zone. I want you to look at what other MMOs add in their patches and tell me if this game compares. It doesn’t.
5. Because previous games set standards and convention that should be followed. You shouldn’t remove basic roleplaying functionality. You shouldn’t remove role specialization. You shouldn’t remove larger group content. They didn’t build upon the lessons learned in Guild Wars 1.
6. You can either swim in a pool or have a backyard filled with glasses of water of an equivalent amount.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

1. Because I’m a paying customer and I want to enjoy the game.
2. Because they released an awesome game with loads of content, turned around and said, we’re not going add content like this. Instead we’re given achievements. No depth is being added.
3. Why don’t want mounts? What about riding on a horse, moa, asura is unattractive to you?
4. Because they’re failing at adding of serious import. In the last year, we’ve been given one new zone. I want you to look at what other MMOs add in their patches and tell me if this game compares. It doesn’t.
5. Because previous games set standards and convention that should be followed. You shouldn’t remove basic roleplaying functionality. You shouldn’t remove role specialization. You shouldn’t remove larger group content. They didn’t build upon the lessons learned in Guild Wars 1.
6. You can either swim in a pool or have a backyard filled with glasses of water of an equivalent amount.

Nevermind……Wizzey’s post above summed it up much better than I did.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Why?

Arena Net WANTS community involvment, Any game company worth a least two craps wants feedback. The fact that people complain about stuff they dislike and make suggestions on how to improve it means they still care about the game.

Vocal Community = Good

Silent Community = Bad

Jeff Grubb:
“… we are creatively fearless. We are unafraid to go back and check what we’ve done, to iterate to reiterate to come up with new ideas. And if we come up with a new idea to implement it without fear… just because it’s in place doesn’t make it the final piece.”

Mike O’Brien:
“…let me know what you think about our games. We’re making these games for you, for our customers we should know what you think.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPau4kG8dAQ

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

One billion times this.

The answer, of course, is that the Internet is such an impersonal medium for exchange that many individuals are unable to suppress their insatiable urges to ruthlessly demean anyone who does not agree with them, and thereby attain, in their minds, some kind of imagined validation.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

i am sick of this LS stuff !
input new weapons
new mobs
new skills
rise the level cap
open new land
introduce new elder dragon
it is not so hard o-o

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Why can’t people see that criticism and feedback is necessary for a game’s development?

99% of the criticism is terrible bullkitten. Frankly, wading through all of that isn’t worth it to fish out the measly 1%.

No, you don’t know better than ANET developers. Sorry!

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Because they are awesome???

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

Because they are awesome???

Ok I can get behind this. Although I prefer waypoints over depending on them mechanically, purely cosmetic mounts are awesome (there’s already a few).

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I disagree with a lot of the people that want to “change the game,” but I agree with their right to express themselves, it’s up to ANet to decide what to do about it.

Two of the things you brought up, mounts and expansions, do interest me. Mounts I didn’t worry about much, until I dabbled in ESO for a month and fell in love with the horse riding. If ANet can make pets as fun to ride as ESO’s horses (or even more fun) then I’d love to see them. As for Expansions, I like the LW well enough, but I NEED more zones, not just overhauled existing zones, but entirely new zones. Traditionally in MMOs these come from expansions. If ANet can produce new zones at a reasonable pace as part of their existing LW schedule then that’s fine by me, but if they need the extra cash infusion that an expansion would bring, I’d have absolutely no problem ponying up for that.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

IF A-net ever does an expansion I hope they do it like Factions and Nightfall were done.

No raising the level cap
Add 2 character slots for people who merg the games
2 new Professions
2 new weapons per profession(3 if 1 is a mainhand/offhand set)
New skills for original 8 professions
Make Dungeons part of the storyline
Make it so you HAVE to do some storyline dungeons to get to new zones(IE Thunderhead Keep in Prophecies)

(edited by Galphar.3901)

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Interesting. Trot out a laundry list of things YOU don’t like and play the “GW2 is a special snowflake” card.

It would not unravel the fabric of GW2 to utilize time-tested and popular features while leaving what few innovations they HAVE made in place.

Particle sliders and enhanced client side graphics control. Configurable UI. Quest Prompts that could be hidden. Appearance slots. Instancing for content like Teq and worm. Actual guild halls. Enhanced guild banks and management. Housing beyond an instance to stick nodes in. Expansions.

If you want to look at megaservers… the complaints are not about turning this into another game, but instead to return a semblance of the old GW2. It would have not affected the adventuring aspect of Mega server at all to retain server home cities.

The snowflake attitude kills this game because I honestly feel the management has fully embraced it. Untested, unwieldy, unpopular changes “because we are different”. The attitude of being so unafraid and edgy… “we dun need new zones, we aren’t afraid to blow up old ones”. I honestly think the main impetus to blow up LA was more “no one has ever blown up a main hub” than any other consideration.

Often the best products are those that take the best/popular concepts and package them into a whole cohesive product along with new innovations. WoW became the 500 lb gorrilla of MMOs by packaging a whole lot of existing MMO features and “inventing” very little.

The current team here seems to refuse even to consider concepts from a pretty unique game THEY MADE. They push the snowflake mentality to the point that it is detrimental.

Furthermore, they have fallen right into what they continue to insist they haven’t. Gear progression. Gate mechanisms. Timesink grinding. Endless farming. We are swinging our swords over and over and killing thousands of “rats” to achieve AA and crafting goals that THEY implemented knowing we would and still insisting that we aren’t.

Instead of bringing the best of the genre into the game they are perpetuating the worst.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Why?

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

99% of the criticism is terrible bullkitten. Frankly, wading through all of that isn’t worth it to fish out the measly 1%.

Concerning my individual preferences as a consumer… yes, I do.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

/me high fives

Why?

in Living World

Prophet.6257

Ok, so again. ANet wants feedback, they want you to share your ideas and suggestions, they want YOUR input.

SHARE SHARE SHARE!

Complain, critique, request, be open and honest. This game won’t get better and grow unless the community is willing to be a part of the developmental process. Embrace it.

“I would encourage everyone out there to give their ideas for what they would like to see.”

23:35 Colin Johanson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P6Zmg16eEM#t=1415

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I like to see criticism which is well-thought, presented with some reasons why points are made and questions asked.

I like to see criticism which gives a modicum of thought about other people.

I like seeing criticism where there is a conscious effort to remember this is a game where some manner of time commitment is expected, or some charge pending to sidestep the time commitment.

I don’t like seeing criticism which hinges on what an individual wants in the game, to benefit them and only them.

I don’t like seeing criticism posts which are nothing other than “the game is dying because X”.

I don’t like seeing criticism posts which decide they need to speak for me (i.e. “everyone” “all players” “nobody likes this”, et cetera).

I highly suggest criticism in the future comes better thought out about what the issue is, and then follows into an idea which might fix it, rather than just demand it be fixed.

Also, I highly dislike asura. Except as catapult ammunition.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Why?

in Living World

Prophet.6257

I like to see criticism which is well-thought, presented with some reasons why points are made and questions asked.

I like seeing criticism where there is a conscious effort to remember this is a game where some manner of time commitment is expected, or some charge pending to sidestep the time commitment.

I don’t like seeing criticism which hinges on what an individual wants in the game, to benefit them and only them.

I don’t like seeing criticism posts which are nothing other than “the game is dying because X”.

I don’t like seeing criticism posts which decide they need to speak for me (i.e. “everyone” “all players” “nobody likes this”, et cetera).

I highly suggest criticism in the future comes better thought out about what the issue is, and then follows into an idea which might fix it, rather than just demand it be fixed.

I do agree more thought out post would be nice, but we see the opposite so often I think we may just have to accept that as a larger percentage of our player base. In turn that part of the community should be able to express themselves as best they can. I’m sure ANet goes through the threads and makes notes on patterns, interest, clicks, etc. In the end, the forums aren’t for us as a community. They are for ANet to gather our feedback. That is a small but very important distinction.

We got some sunshine pumpers posting “Thanks Anet gimme a big kiss” threads right beside the negafans “This game is dying and I hate you” threads. Sure more thoughtful post would be great but a large enough number of the players on this forum make up a more (let’s say) volatile community. That’s something ANet has to and can deal with.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

With all due respect, you are dead wrong.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I agree with most of what you say here…particularly about the asura.

But…

Doesn’t

contradict

My apologies if I am misunderstanding your point, but it seems as if you are suggesting that you dislike people speaking for only themselves, but also dislike them speaking for others.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I also have to agree that you’re wrong. Anet just decided that reflection traits shouldn’t reflect certain projectiles and did not inform the players of such a change. Basically they have made it so traiting skills, which is supposed to make them more useful, has actually and objectively made them less useful. Worst of all, this change was not in the patch notes and even after it was discovered by players, to my knowledge, the company has said nothing about it.

So yes, we can know better than the devs. They are human, after all.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

So far it hasn’t, it’s added what? 1 map? (And not a very good one either.) 1.5 years after release GW1 had had 2 expansions which together more than doubled the amount of content there was at launch. Now if season 2 proves to be as good as they try to make us believe (which I doubt it will) there might be fewer people asking for expansions.

Also, a game without expansions or subscription has to get it’s income from the cash shop. With expansions the importance of the cash shop could become lower, which to me seems like a good thing.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Because they think that what they want will be what they enjoy, and what others enjoy.

Because they got onto the internet and thus feel the innate desire driven by anymosity to act like complete kittens.

Because they’re coming from WoW and cannot handle a game that isn’t a WoW clone.

It is the innate desire of every male animal – and we all know that there are no girls on the internet – to assert their dominance into the fray of life. This desire heightens when they realize that their enemies do not know their location, thus believing instinctively that they hold the upperhand in the combative struggle for becoming the Alpha Poster.

Thus begins the Epic Battle of the Century. Featuring a lot of fat, pimplefaced, nerds with a moahawk, because we all know only single, fat, lonely, nerds surf the internet.

Nostalgia.

Why do people want expansions, When living story will add more content for free over time?

I’m going to go a bit more serious and point to conditioning for this. All other games release expansions, thus this is what people are used to. This is most likely one of the driving factors for why people want expansions. People also seem to believe that content released in a single, large, batch will be better than content released over time. And they may not be entirely wrong there. But I think the real, digging deep into the matter, issue is that players like to speed through content. And if you speed through a smaller update once every 2 weeks… well, it just won’t feel like there’s much there, because you speed through it and then you’re “done”.

And also, thank you for your post, OP.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Faerun.3091

Faerun.3091

@Konig Des Todes.2086

“It is the innate desire of every male animal – and we all know that there are no girls on the internet – to assert their dominance into the fray of life. This desire heightens when they realize that their enemies do not know their location, thus believing instinctively that they hold the upperhand in the combative struggle for becoming the Alpha Poster.
Thus begins the Epic Battle of the Century. Featuring a lot of fat, pimplefaced, nerds with a moahawk, because we all know only single, fat, lonely, nerds surf the internet.”

Where did you get the inspiration for this You really made me laugh

Why?

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Well, Konig, hate to break it to you, WoW did not invent mounts in games. They simply added a feature popular in existing mmos.

They were, and are, popular among consumers who have never played WoW.

If instituted here, I would predict they would be popular as well.

Desiring a simple feature in a game is no indication of anyone wanting this game to be a “clone” of anything.

The “WoW Clone” mantra is old, tired and inaccurate when people constantly use it in reference to features that existed in MMOs prior to WoW and not unique to WoW. It is a knee-jerk statement.

Why?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Faerun: I just wrote it using the typically exagerrated and utterly wrong stereotypes.

@Teofa: I hate to break it to you, but I’m aware and I was making a joke in my post. I’m sorry you didn’t realize. The joke, btw, was in that it is a knee-jerk statement (as you call it, everyone seems to call it something different) and completely not serious but making fun of it in the form of pretending like I was serious.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Stop trying to make GW2 into other games. Make suggestions that work with this game not because it comes from another game, but because it will work with this game. Suggestions Like new weapon skills (not weapons) with existing weapon skills giving new builds to try. Not suggestions like we need the holy trinity back. *

I’ve said before that I don’t really mind losing the Holy Trinity. What I hate is the lack of build diversity that stems from weapon skills. This is a spot that could use a major overhaul in my opinion. GW1 had it right. Each weapon had multiple skills that could be swapped out. This is what GW2 needs. Using the same 5 two handed sword skills with my Guardian becomes very tedious after a while. It’d be nice to be able to swap them out. I understand that it would be a kitten to balance when adding several more skills for each weapon (for each class), but it would be awesome to have that option.

GW1 did not have multiple skills that could swap out for each weapon. Skills were not tied to weapons. Weapons were essentially stat items, for the most part. Besides MAYBE assassin skills that used combo skills and potentially needed(and I’m not sure on this) daggers, with any other profession it basically didn’t matter. You could use the Necromancer Elite Spiteful Spirit regardless if you used a sword & board or scepter.

What Guild Wars 2 needs is just additional skills for the weapons each class has – like countless others have asked for so many times.. PvP would be a little less predictable imo and it could, not would, but could open it up for a ton of build diversity.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Why?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But…

Doesn’t

contradict

My apologies if I am misunderstanding your point, but it seems as if you are suggesting that you dislike people speaking for only themselves, but also dislike them speaking for others.

There’s not a contradiction. There is a difference between “I don’t think this works well for rangers” and “all rangers hate this”, along with a difference between the first and “Rangers would be so much better if…”.

The first is criticism which is from personal experience. The second is speaking for the entire group as a whole in a universal way. The third is a statement made universally which relies on one person’s experiences.

Let’s just say it’d be nicer if people didn’t slip into the second and third examples when discussing or making criticism.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Because the game was released in an unfinished state, and several problems with the game have not been fixed up to this day. The camera and targeting are still broken for example. And one dynamic event recently got fixed, that had been broken since release. The game could really use a lot of improvements. Not just in bug fixing, but also in class balance.

See above, there is plenty to complain about.

People like mounts. Why are people so against mounts? There were mounts in GW1 after all, and that was a game with much smaller instanced zones.

The designers seem unable to fix crucial problems with the game up to this point, and even have a habit of ignoring good community suggestions, and implementing the worst solution. Case in point: Dhuumfire. Besides, the point of these forums is for the community to provide feedback and suggestions on how to make the game better.

Simple, the old game was a better game.

Why do people want expansions, When living story will add more content for free over time?

Because living world is a lot of small content updates, which hold back actual expansion of the world (and often poorly tested in the past). Players want to explore new parts of the world that are polished, and not just have short one-off adventures in the areas they already have grown tired of. Living world also is a lot of temporary content, and a lot of players prefer content that stays, and that they can enjoy at their own pace.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Why?

in Living World

Galphar.3901

People like mounts. Why are people so against mounts? There were mounts in GW1 after all, and that was a game with much smaller instanced zones.

GW1 never had Mounts. They used the Waypoint system since release. And I’d rather have the Waypoint system than Mounts any day. Yes it cost a few silver to use each time but still 100x quicker than having to run/fly on a mount.

Why?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

GW1 actually had 2 mounts. But they were region specific. Junundu (the Desolation) and Siege Devourer (Charr Homelands). But they functioned more like transforms than mounts – similar to the mechanical devourers in Edge of the Mists, actually.

Dear ANet writers,

Why?

in Living World

Galphar.3901

They weren’t mounts. Mounts aren’t Zone specific and don’t have damage skills. Mounts are used to get from point A to point B quicker than on foot. We don’t need mounts because we have Waypoints.

Why?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mounts function differently depending on the game, really, and those in GW1 were used to get from point A to point B quicker (and/or safer).

Dear ANet writers,

Why?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Mounts function differently depending on the game, really, and those in GW1 were used to get from point A to point B quicker (and/or safer).

Or, well, at all with the case of the Junundu.

Why?

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

They weren’t mounts. Mounts aren’t Zone specific and don’t have damage skills. Mounts are used to get from point A to point B quicker than on foot. We don’t need mounts because we have Waypoints.

All you see is the movement mechanic. I guess you can’t grasp that a player would want a mount to.. gasp… ride around on. Options, immersion, RP?

By your logic we also don’t “need” cosmetic armor skins because we already have armor.
Don’t need weapons skins cause we already have weapons.

Basically, we don’t need change, options, or new features because we have a status quo.

GG, target market.

Arguing “need” as an excuse to restrict options is silly, as we don’t “need” a majority of what the Gem Store sells, we don’t “need” customizations, we don’t “need” the fluff that is a driving force for many players.

Why?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

By your logic we also don’t “need” cosmetic armor skins because we already have armor.

Basically, we don’t need change, options, or new features because we have a status quo.

GG, target market.

Hey there, strawman, we meet again.

The main viable reason people don’t want mounts is the lack of reasoning why they would exist. Tyria doesn’t have horses, and there’s not really many other beasts which are of the type normally ridden. Dolyaks, perhaps. Golems, but that’s really only asura.

There aren’t even horses in Cantha, or Elona.

The usual other reasons thrown out are “don’t make it like WoW”, “don’t add another collectable”, “there’s not much reason to have them for movement aid when there’s WPs”. Discuss if you like, but all of this is off the topic of the original post.

Why?

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Ah yes, once again I must concede to “google logical fallacy” skills. Argument rejected for improper formatting. As powerful as the IRL card.

mea culpa.

I’m just an ignorant country hick who skipped debate team. In this mount example, I’m just too dense to see that my desire to have a mount to ride while exploring, for personal immersion, to add to my gameplay is somehow addressed by Waypoints or disallowed because other games have them.

My only excuse is my son ate all the pizza while I napped, and I’m too weak from hunger to be “logical”.

Why?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ah yes, once again I must concede to “google logical fallacy” skills. Argument rejected for improper formatting. As powerful as the IRL card.

mea culpa.

I’m just an ignorant country hick who skipped debate team. In this mount example, I’m just too dense to see that my desire to have a mount to ride while exploring, for personal immersion, to add to my gameplay is somehow addressed by Waypoints or disallowed because other games have them.

My only excuse is my son ate all the pizza while I napped, and I’m too weak from hunger to be “logical”.

And I didn’t say any of that either.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

GG, target market.

The main viable reason people don’t want mounts is the lack of reasoning why they would exist. Tyria doesn’t have horses, and there’s not really many other beasts which are of the type normally ridden. Dolyaks, perhaps. Golems, but that’s really only asura.

The usual other reasons thrown out are “don’t make it like WoW”, “don’t add another collectable”, “there’s not much reason to have them for movement aid when there’s WPs”. Discuss if you like, but all of this is off the topic of the original post.

Wait. So we don’t have mounts because there no horses in Tyria?
If the Asura has their golems… why the other races can not think something.
The charr have a kitten submarine. They surely can invent something. A bicycle for example. I give my full support to the idea of Charrs of bicycles!!
And the human can have… dunno, a rickshaw? Surely in Cantha they will use them.
The norms… they can ride bears. Of course, they barely need mounts… with their height and power surely they can run 2 or 3 times faster than the other races.
And the sylvaril… well, nobody care about the sylvaris.

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mounts are what ever the designers want them to be. The Junundu and Siege Devourers were an implementation of mounts in Guild Wars, and people seemed to like them. They may contradict what you expect mounts to be like, but that’s more a matter of narrow minded thinking on your part I fear. Mounts can be implemented in many different ways, which is why I’m not against mounts in general, and neither should you.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Why?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

GG, target market.

Wait. So we don’t have mounts because there no horses in Tyria?
If the Asura has their golems… why the other races can not think something.
The charr have a kitten submarine. They surely can invent something. A bicycle for example. I give my full support to the idea of Charrs of bicycles!!
And the human can have… dunno, a rickshaw? Surely in Cantha they will use them.
The norms… they can ride bears. Of course, they barely need mounts… with their height and power surely they can run 2 or 3 times faster than the other races.
And the sylvaril… well, nobody care about the sylvaris.

We don’t have mounts because there aren’t any compelling reasons mechanically or thematically for them to exist. Basically? The devs didn’t put them in, so they don’t exist.

I listed it first because it’s literally the only one which isn’t a biased argument against them like the others.

Honestly, the only objection I personally have to mounts is the one “I don’t really think we need another thing just for immersion/fun and no big functionality change.”

Why?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If the game changed in a matter that they want then they might have more fun. This might not be true, some people might not know what they like, or the change might only be to their enjoyment. However since the idea exists the action follows.

It’s the forums, that’s what people do here. Happy people are busy playing the game.

Probably bragging rights.

Pretty much for the same reason as the first question.

Expansion is a loaded word, they don’t so much want an expansion as much as they assume that a expansion will include the types of content they want.