Will HoT story be mandatory for LWS3?

in Living World

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Since I don’t have a lot of time to play, tend to mess around with my lower-level toons, and dislike the HoT zones, I have not yet finished the HoT story. In fact, the furthest I got was after Eir's death and you enter Auric Basin. I sincerely hope that LWS3 is a separate story from HoT. However, if it is not, then I guess I’ll be locked out of it until I beat HoT. I don’t even raid or do many of the events, so I’m out of the loop when it comes to understanding what’s been going on in GW2. Something about ley line energy and bandits.

I’ll appreciate any insight you guys can give me, even if it’s just speculation!

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

Since I don’t have a lot of time to play, tend to mess around with my lower-level toons, and dislike the HoT zones, I have not yet finished the HoT story. In fact, the furthest I got was after Eir's death and you enter Auric Basin. I sincerely hope that LWS3 is a separate story from HoT. However, if it is not, then I guess I’ll be locked out of it until I beat HoT. I don’t even raid or do many of the events, so I’m out of the loop when it comes to understanding what’s been going on in GW2. Something about ley line energy and bandits.

I’ll appreciate any insight you guys can give me, even if it’s just speculation!

LWS3 will pick up right where HoT left off. So yes, you Should complete that first, otherwise you’ll be completely lost. However, if you log in when a living story episode is released, you can unlock it for free permanently. So just unlock it and play it when you actually reach that point. No need to rush or worry.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you don’t mind not playing it yourself to see the story firsthand, apparently there are going to be live streamed runs of it (that surely will be available as recordings after it), starting this Friday.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revisit-living-world-season-2-with-our-official-partners/

I’ve completed it at least 7 times now and I still might watch the streams to see if there’s anything I missed lore wise.

in Living World

Moyayuki.3619

Well then, I guess I’ll have to try to find the time to grind through HoT before the 26th. Not a fan of the new characters or the maps or the story so far, but, eh, I just want to get the rewards and experience. Haven’t liked the Living World story since the beginning.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you don’t care about the story, why would you have to ‘grind’ through the HoT story before Living World Season 3? If you are only doing the story instances for the rewards and XP, then it doesn’t really matter what order in which you do them.

Good luck.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Accordingly to the Massively article, and Dulfy’s notes on it, no you don’t need to have completely the HoT story to be able to play LS3 (You do need to own HoT though). However, it will start where HoT’s storyline left off, and I should expect that it will reference parts of it as though the character had.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Moyayuki.3619

Accordingly to the Massively article, and Dulfy’s notes on it, no you don’t need to have completely the HoT story to be able to play LS3 (You do need to own HoT though). However, it will start where HoT’s storyline left off, and I should expect that it will reference parts of it as though the character had.

Yeah, I suppose I should have clarified, I had been wondering if I would need to complete HoT’s story in order to understand the beginning of LWS3.

in Living World

Moyayuki.3619

If you don’t care about the story, why would you have to ‘grind’ through the HoT story before Living World Season 3? If you are only doing the story instances for the rewards and XP, then it doesn’t really matter what order in which you do them.

Good luck.

Maybe “grind” wasn’t the right word – I was suggesting that I will have to sit myself down and try to finish the HoT story before LWS3 launches.

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Yeah, I suppose I should have clarified, I had been wondering if I would need to complete HoT’s story in order to understand the beginning of LWS3.

I have not finished LS2 nor have I finished HoT story ….. but I still play and have fun pretty much every day. Honestly I just don’t care all that much about the story to try to understand all the little particulars. I just have fun playing in both core and HoT.

in Living World

Moyayuki.3619

I have not finished LS2 nor have I finished HoT story ….. but I still play and have fun pretty much every day. Honestly I just don’t care all that much about the story to try to understand all the little particulars. I just have fun playing in both core and HoT.

Ditto, I end up playing whatever I enjoy playing in the game. But I realize that plenty of gear, as well as Mastery Points, are locked behind the HoT story, so it’s kind of forcing me to play it. I struggle so much to get my Mastery XP up, I guess the story is the easiest way to do it. I may not like it, but it is what it is.