Will (SAB) be permanent this time?

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Super Adventure Box was an amazing content but sadly my new friends cant experience this and I myself havnt gotten all the skins I want from it since I was busy at the time to do much gaming.

Will SAB be permanent content next time we see it?

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Don’t know yet, hopefully it’s gone to the same place as other 8 bit games and devices—an old box in the basement or the local dump. But each to there own :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

SAB won’t be permanent next time, that is for sure.

Devs stated some times that if SAB and other events was permanent, the players would lose interest soon enough and then it wouldn’t be as exciting as it is now, when open.

Hopefully SAB will never be permanent.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Devs stated some times that if SAB and other events was permanent, the players would lose interest soon enough and then it wouldn’t be as exciting as it is now, when open.

Then I wont be able to play it when I wont to thus being more boring than exciting.
It should be permanent so new, and returning players can experience it as well as veterans like me who feel like playing it can enjoy it

in Living World

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

If this is true then it is bizarre. Platformers, especially old school platformers, are renowned for replay value. To prevent us from accessing one of the most different and unique parts of the game in order to stop us losing interest in doing the same thing over and over is just… weird.

SAB doesn’t need constant high numbers of players, so who cares if some people lose interest? They’ll get the interest back when a new world is released, which is when they’d get excited anyway. Its a platformer, the kind of game you pick up and play for a little bit every once in a while because its fun. Forcing us to rush through the content, with restricted time to explore or hunt for gems, is pretty much the exact opposite of what the gameplay type warrants.

That’s to say nothing of the “infinite” continue coin they sold for gems and we’ve had like four weeks to use in the last year. Telling us we can’t play something because otherwise we’ll lose interest feels like a kid being told they can’t have chocolate or they’ll make themself sick. It isn’t a festival, or a living story chapter, its an alternative game mode like Fractals (seriously how can the creators of fractals not get that people will happily play content they like over and over), PvP or WvW. Imagine if a regular retailer sold you Mario, but you were only “allowed” to play it when the store told you so, and this would only happen a few weeks of the year at undisclosed times.

I don’t like sounding unappreciative. SAB was free content, and I’ve had vastly more than value for money over the last two years from GW2. But this really annoys me and I hope that ANet will decide to give the SAB fans access to play how and when THEY want to play, not when they’re told they can.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

SAB may become permanent content when World 4 is released. At least, I hope so.

But more than likely it will become seasonal content similar to the festivals. Which is still OK, by my books.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i think the guildwars2 community deserves more super adventure box..
in fact, arena net should scrap the elder dragons and pool their resources to build SAB expansions

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Anet logic:
Permanent = player loses interest = player leaves game.

player logic:
temporary = no real content = player leaves game.

Holiday related events are always temporary in any mmos.

SAB has nothing to do with any holiday and especially with huge difficulty jump at world 2, i see no reason putting time limit on it.

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

Look there was no reason for Anet to add and remove content constantly. The SAB was a prime example. You stick a big blue object in there say we can play with it then take it away again. Thats like giving a five year old a new toy and then taking the toy and returning it 30 secs later. If it does return then it more than likely will not be permanent.

in Living World

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Sigh…I’ve got to bring this up yet again. It WILL become perm or once every month on a time gate…just like the pvp reward tracks are. Otherwise they will end up refunding people for actually spending real world cash to buy this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Continue_Coin. And at this point it’s highly unlikely they will with how much they are pushing to sell gems.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Living World

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I will say for the last couple weeks it was available last time there were very few people in the hub world. Sometimes none, with just one or two guys zoning in and out as they go through the levels. I guess that’s not a thing anymore because megaserver but the usage of it definitely went way down on my server as it was open for longer.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in Living World

Belzebu.3912

Sigh…I’ve got to bring this up yet again. It WILL become perm or once every month on a time gate…just like the pvp reward tracks are. Otherwise they will end up refunding people for actually spending real world cash to buy this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Continue_Coin. And at this point it’s highly unlikely they will with how much they are pushing to sell gems.

By permanent I meant always there, I hope that SAB be available in a constant time interval, like a month every 6~8 months for example, but that model isn’t permanent, it is intermittent/seasonal.

BTW I bought the infinite continue coin and I still don’t want SAB to be a permanent feature.

in Living World

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

By permanent I meant always there, I hope that SAB be available in a constant time interval, like a month every 6~8 months for example, but that model isn’t permanent, it is intermittent/seasonal.

BTW I bought the infinite continue coin and I still don’t want SAB to be a permanent feature.

Gotta say that is an interesting explanation of “hope it will never be perm.”
But yeah..I can work with 3-4 times a year…but half a year or more in between?
I’m surprised you are one of the few that have it and don’t want it perm. I have the coin myself and I’d like to use it again instead of collecting dust in bank for another year or so.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Living World

Belzebu.3912

If SAB become permanent, one of 2 things will happen, at least for me.
1 – I’ll get burnout trying to finish everything at once and after I finish I won’t go there for a VERY long time, if ever.
2 – I’ll think “I can do that later”, and enter in a loop of procrastination (the most likely option in my case :P )

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Indeed. I mean, everyone knows that no one plays dungeons, fractals, wvw or even the entire game anymore because it’s permanently available.

..oh wait

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

It has to be permanent. What’s the point to keep it closed for years, when the content already exists in the game? I believe guided by this logic ArenaNet came up with the Living Journal, then why not to apply it for Super Adventure Box? After all, everyone is playing the parts of this game that they like. Personally, I hate dungeons and fractals, I did all of them once and will never go back there, but I’ll definitely be living in SAB, especially if there’ll be some random challenge rotation, like time related jump arenas (kinda mix of Clock Tower and SAB), but even without it I’ll live there, inviting more people to this game. Right now, I don’t see the point to recommend it to most people, because the most amazing thing is keeping closed. I keep saying my friends that I’ll tell them when SAB will be released and when they should buy it. That just isn’t right.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Why not just buy a nintendo? That would be permanent.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I want Rytlock to burst into my room in the middle of the night and plop down a SAB console on my dresser top like the ads!

in Living World

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I was thinking permanent but having read this thread I’ve reconsidered.

I like the idea of it being a seasonal thing or on some kind of rotation once its ‘run its course’ so to speak.

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i’d prefer it be permanent and updated with a new world each year (that would be your “excitement”)………but i doubt it, as it isn’t a part of living story and is probably viewed more as a “festival”/ temporary thing.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

SAB will probably fall under holiday / seasonal. So permanent in the sense it will repeat every year, but not permanent in the sense of always available.

in Living World

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I will say for the last couple weeks it was available last time there were very few people in the hub world. Sometimes none, with just one or two guys zoning in and out as they go through the levels. I guess that’s not a thing anymore because megaserver but the usage of it definitely went way down on my server as it was open for longer.

Of course it goes down. Some people only play it when new content or achievements are available. No one expects, or wants, everyone to be in SAB 12 months of the year. But we want it to be available 12 months of the year for those who do actually want to play it.

Moreover, the peak periods seen in the current temporary releases would still exist, they’d happen every time a new world or meta came out.

in Living World

Belzebu.3912

Indeed. I mean, everyone knows that no one plays dungeons, fractals, wvw or even the entire game anymore because it’s permanently available.

..oh wait

How much gold do you get from SAB, the time/gold ratio there is worth? You would keep regularly playing SAB after you finished all the world and crafted the weapons you want?

People do dungeons because it is fun or because it is profitable?

Players run fractals just for the joy of do it, or they expect some reward there?

When was the last time you joined a keg brawl/crab toss/southsun survival? I imagine those activities are filled with people all the time.

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

in Living World

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

Because consoles don’t have this exclusive jumping mechanic.

I’d even pay for SAB (as well as Southsun Survival) server like Custom Arenas or
I’d waste 2.500.000 Influence, 250 Merits and 1 year build time if it’ll be avaliable for Guild. Why not let us enjoy this content if we really want so? It’s not cool to wait for it so long, especially when there’s absolutely no information when it’ll be the next time…

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

SAB – if it returns (its lack of show thus far has been kind of prophecizing to me that it may not return anymore) – would fall into the “festival content”. Meaning that it will likely, from here on out, show up for once a year for about a month or so, each time with a little something different.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

SAB must be permanent, i mean its not something that you have to worry about taking many players for other activities. I think after world 4 is added into the game, SAB must be permanent and have even more rewards.

I found myself playing only SAB for the time is back, surely if SAB becomes permanent i wont be there everyday (or would i) but i will hope from time to time to get the best feeling and hearing those nostalgic epic 8bit sounds xD !!!!!!!!!!!!

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Because consoles don’t have this exclusive jumping mechanic.

I’m not sure what you mean. Half the games on a Wii (especially the downloadable ones) seem to be variants on jumping games.

in Living World

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

So by this logic, will festival of four winds and the pavillion be permanent too?

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Don’t need permanent SAB. But guaranteed SAB date ranges. Let it last at least a month, but make it guaranteed that SAB will be there let’s say April or something. People will come back just to play SAB, I mean this literally.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I think that, unless the W3 release is nearing completion, they should have brought back the existing two worlds with the festival- more on the theme of “raising morale”- but if it’s nearing a W3 release then I get why they waited

I’d totally understand the W3 release being temporary, but I hope W4 (the last one) will be permanent, or if not globally permanent, giving a meta-reward that places an SAB in your home instance.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Living World

Posted by: Hellafelon.5376

Hellafelon.5376

Once W4 is complete, I could totally see Anet putting ‘SAB Home Consoles’ in the gem store for people to buy. I would buy one.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

To unlock an episode and have it added to your story Journal, you simply need to log in to the game during the two-week period that the release is live to be given permanent, free access to the storyline of that episode. Once you’ve unlocked it by simply logging in, you can replay that episode’s storyline on any character on your account as many times as you like from your story Journal forever. Past episodes will be available for purchase for 200 gems. (Don’t forget you can earn gold and purchase gems to unlock the episode for your account).

from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/ makes me suspect that it will be permanent, at least if you’re willing to put a couple hundred gems towards it.

in Living World

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

So by your logic you should never buy or produce a game that is replayable more than once. Since an rpg is virtually permanent, you can replay it whenever you want and therefore after the first time it’s not as exciting; there would be no market for such games.
I don’t understand why new content in this game is supposed to be temporary, trashy LS bullkitten that is replaced after a week or a month; explain it to me. Is having rushed content for 2 weeks better than having, I don’t know, a new permanent dungeon… because it’s not as exciting? What is exciting about temporary content?
Southsun survival is a minigame that is – apparently – here to stay, and I didn’t see the sky falling because of it, despite people not playing it frequently – quite the opposite.
Oh, by the way, I doubt we’re getting SAB back. It would be too cool. I had wayyyyyy too much fun compared to the LS trash they tried to force down my throat.

Plox bring SAB back, if you don’t mind some of your players having fun without needing the gemstore to get rewards.
… Ok, since this is all you care about: I’d quite easily pay for a permanent SAB access. Deal?

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

^ I was actually going to post about that today, deSade!

Suppose that, after World 4 is complete, ANet offers you the ability to access SAB at any time via a “Personal SAB console” item purchased from the gem store, how many of you would be interested in buying it?

SAB will still make periodic returns each year as part of its “festival” schedule (so if you dislike the thought of spending gems to play SAB, you can always wait for it to return), but this Personal Console basically lets you and other SAB fans play it whenever you want. As with the Living Story content, you can pull other players into it via your instance, but they won’t earn any achievements/rewards unless they also have purchased the Personal Console (or when SAB is universally available).

Thoughts?

in Living World

Belzebu.3912

-_-

SAB is an event inside a game, the main purpose of SAB is to hype the players and be used as a bait to get some players that left the game and also keep other players in the game, also it is a side project, if SAB was permanent, any new update there wouldn’t be nearly as “dramatic” as it is now.

deSade, you are comparing SAB with the wrong “product”.
If the game offer a reason to replay it I’ll replay it, but I’m sure that most games I play once or twice and then never touch it ever again, SAB would be the same, I would play till I get the achieves and the skins I want and then never set a foot there again.

Southsun is permanent but it was never meant to be a “big deal” like SAB is, if Southsun wasn’t permanent you would be WAY more eager to play it when it would be available.

I never said that making SAB permanent would make the sky fall … it would just make SAB lose its shiny a lot faster, personally I can’t wait for SAB to come back and use my infinite continue coin to finish the world 2 tribulation mode (I was busy making my legendary back then) and also do all the world 3.

in Living World

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

You won’t get any player back with SAB. As much as I enjoyed it it’s still a minigame that gets you rewards in the game, but if you left you won’t come back for SAB. You will come back for new zones/race/weaps/classes/any actual content. even if you come back, it’s like completely outside the game, you use different skills, environment and graphics are of course completely different, there’s nothing that will make you say “hey they added that, how cool”, because nup.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m sort of on the fence in regards to SAB.

On one hand, it has it’s own story behind it. It could make for a very interesting replayable chunk of ‘mini story’ in the game, which could make it permanent. The downside is that if it becomes permanent static content (maybe a new world once a year), people will get bored of it and it will end up just like dungeons or fractals or world bosses – only done if its cost effective.

On the other hand, it also presents a ‘holiday’ type flavor with its current set up (the back to school theme tied into the general idea that the original intent was for progeny education), which would make it seasonal / temporary. The downside to seasonal content is mainly the limited time in which it is available. Not everyone necessarily is available during that time frame, it’s not necessarily ‘convenient’ for all players.

There are more pro’s and con’s, but I’m not going to spend overly long going into them. Either way they go, there’s a lot to take into consideration and I could sort of go either way.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I see SAB as a sort of fun side activity in GW2. It’s similar to dungeons/Fractals in that you do it because you enjoy it, or because you want the skins that it offers. There will be a group of hardcore aficionados, a group that does it only because of the rewards, and a group that doesn’t like it and doesn’t bother with it at all. But that’s really not any different from other game modes in GW2, like WvW or sPvP or dungeons/Fractals. Having it permanently available can only broaden the amount of stuff players can do in-game. I don’t see that as a bad thing.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You won’t get any player back with SAB. As much as I enjoyed it it’s still a minigame that gets you rewards in the game, but if you left you won’t come back for SAB. You will come back for new zones/race/weaps/classes/any actual content. even if you come back, it’s like completely outside the game, you use different skills, environment and graphics are of course completely different, there’s nothing that will make you say “hey they added that, how cool”, because nup.

The people that played and enjoyed SAB previously and have quit since would indeed come back just to play SAB. The game is free to play. They would log in, exclusively play SAB, then leave or they would choose to give GW2 another chance after getting their SAB fill, which would be the underlying point.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Why not let it stay perm, that way it is yet another thing that people can do , instead of being " oh kitten I was away and missed it AGAIN" …….. Why not let it stay then people can CHOOSE if they want to play it and when !

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i had the optinion of permanent would be awesome be4 reading all this but…
seasonal would be great so that players dont loose interest
something like 2times a year for a month each would be great
were waiting for months now..
if you are not done with a complete new world.. then so be it just give it back to us as it is
no achievements because no new world?

cant u just add a couple of achievements every time
like play world 1 and 2 in normal mode
possibly some hardmode achievements
(srry dont know the name since im not playing the game in english >__<)
and so be it

the story around moto in rata sum can have some progress as well

really easy stuff

just give us the SAB we have been waiting for too long : ((

seasonal!! twice a year!! thanks