Will Season 1 Re-release?

in Living World

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

So much content missed, it drives me nuts. I would pay for each chapter of Season 1 if I could. I only caught the tail end of the content of season one, and it was epic. Is there any official word that they will re-release? All I have seen is that they would “like” to go back and do it.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Unknown when, they would like to do it but the mechanics are completely different.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If Guild Wars history is any indication, I very much doubt it.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

They’d like to, obviously, but even though they have assets, designs, and whatnot from the original releases, it’s still a big (read: expensive) undertaking to convert all that into a replayable form. Some parts were already instanced (fighting Canach, investigating the Captain’s Council assassination) but what do you do with open world parts, like the toxic Kessex or the evacuation of Lion’s Arch? I suppose you could instance them, but then you’re splitting the playerbase over the regular world, new releases, and every old release simultaneously. Some of those open world events (Marionette) require a critical mass of players to work.

There are possible solutions, like having “historical instances” on a weekly timer, or recreating Marionette from the ground up as a 5-player encounter, but any solution is going to be pretty demanding in terms of resources. So the question becomes “Do we want to recreate Season 1? Or do we want to create new content?”

The answer is “both,” of course, but that might not be practical.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I sure hope it re-releases. I crave to play the Tower of Nightmares again.

in Living World

Posted by: Kevin Ardinez.8906

Kevin Ardinez.8906

I really hope so!, come on ANet we want to play the whole season, especially for the new comers like me!

Pamation nato ron ang sugilanon sa usa ka kapuluanon

in Living World

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

You don’t want to play to this, believe me.