Will Southsun ever be fixed?

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So it’s another day here on the Tarnished Coast server. I decided I would return once again to my former farming place to make some cash.

The chat is oddly quiet. That’s no surprise. But then I discover there are NO towns left whatsoever! They are all swarming in Karka!

No one doing events, no towns, overpowered mobs, what the heck is going on here!?

This is worse than it was before! Will we ever see a fix?

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It’s actually quite a good place to do dailies with gathering, krytan events/killer, an easy jumping puzzle, kill variety, underwater enemies. Some of the camps can be cleared solo to get a group event done. A guild probably wouldn’t need many people to clear the camps and get the queen up.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I went over there to buy the karma ori sickle in Captains Retreat. Not only contested with numerous mobs but also with a champion. Each time I go to Southsun to farm, I check the map and each time the towns are contested. It looks like the towns remain contested, which limits the amount of moving around you can do in that area. It also means you can’t easily use the bank or trading post on the ship by the (I think) Point Lion waypoint. I don’t know if that waypoint can be solo cleared but after doing the event back then and having large numbers suddenly spawn around me in the town, not sure it’s worth the trouble.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Living World

Posted by: Shulkor.3670

Shulkor.3670

LOL I ran through there yesterday for a quick gather and ran into one other person on the whole island also gathering, was quite a peaceful run I might add. But yeah something might could be done with all the contested areas, its a bit overwhelming.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I guess now that the events are over everyone’s doing the living world or going about their usual routine. The problem with Southsun, before and after the living story, is that there isn’t a lot of reason to get people there and keep them there for any period. I’m afraid to say but the best mechanism to do so is probably to add some grinding content.

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

One concern is if they add better farming events to Southsun, it will take away from Cursed Shore and Orr will become “redead” again.

To solve this problem, we need an Underflow server.

in Living World

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I really miss Southsun too. Found it a fun place to be, when other people were there too. Now people seem to have fled back to Orr. I prefer Southsun but can’t do anything there unless I like dying over and over due to being outnumbered by karka.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This place is worse off now than before the recent update. The new events here have further killed this once desolate place. I used to like to come to Southsun for a peaceful retreat, now all the crazed creatures everywhere make this place a joke.

ANet should take a look at this, and reflect on where they went wrong. Analyze this and use that information moving forward.

Not only have they made this map worse off (arguable), but they have nearly broken the guild missions there. Try doing a guild rush through a settlement full of crazed karka! And there is no clearing in advance, it seems to reset in about 5 minutes.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This place is worse off now than before the recent update. The new events here have further killed this once desolate place. I used to like to come to Southsun for a peaceful retreat, now all the crazed creatures everywhere make this place a joke.

ANet should take a look at this, and reflect on where they went wrong. Analyze this and use that information moving forward.

Not only have they made this map worse off (arguable), but they have nearly broken the guild missions there. Try doing a guild rush through a settlement full of crazed karka! And there is no clearing in advance, it seems to reset in about 5 minutes.

The reason seems somewhat obvious there. The devs were too optimistic(hubris?) about how attractive the loot would be but 2 rares, 2 greens and a handful of karka shells? Not when the events reset every 5 minutes with crazed creatures and extremely fast respawn rates for some of the events. They have claimed to be trying make things appropriate for large groups but these groups do not appear to exist or these groups just keep saying they want content for large groups but never actually bother doing them.

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

Maybe the patch on the 25th will fix it?

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The guys at Anet thought people would do the events because the queen gives 2 guaranteed gold items. The fact is that it’s such a hassle to get all camps at the same time that 2 rares aren’t even worth it.