Windall is NOT a Dolyak! [SPOILER]

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I found him in Rata Novus. He walks by as you are talking to Canach and General Almorra just before you head out to Bloodstone Fen. Windall walks by and lays down to sleep on one of the nearby mats. I started laughing when I realized who I was looking at. VERY clever Anet! Now I am wondering who he is and if he may be in fact eavesdropping. I also love his hair.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you did the optional extra eavesdropping from the dragon lab you got to hear him say a line, too. It was after that that I looked for him in the main area.

in Living World

Aerinndis.2730

I did not realize that was Windall in the conversations since they only showed researcher as the speaker. I have to assume he’s the one going to take a peek at Taimi’s stuff.

He definitely looks like he is eavesdropping while lying there……

I went through that bit again and Windall is identified as a speaker while you are eavesdropping.

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

in Living World

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i don’t understand, please elaborate.

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Upon being attacked by the security golem when entering, I screamed out “WINDALLLLL!”

in Living World

Aerinndis.2730

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/notes-from-rata-novus-parttwo/

This is where he is first mentioned. You can find him in the Living Story if you look. There was a lot of conjecture as to whether he was a dolyak from what Taimi said. Evidently his ‘bumping’ into Taimi is more than just clumsiness……

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

In the remote eavesdropping, he is a named speaker. He also has a green name over his head if you press alt.

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I honestly hope they keep him in, like they did with hobotron

in Living World

Aerinndis.2730

He is definitely up to no good. I stuck around after the general offered transport to Bloodstone Fen and listened to conversations and the guided tour being given to the Councillors and at one point Windall suddenly says, “Nothing to report.” No one was around him at the time.

I am looking forward to whatever role he has to play! Could he be keeping an eye on Taimi for Phlunt or possibly Zojja? Or does he have more nefarious connections?

I got better pics of him while he was up and walking around.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I honestly hope they keep him in, like they did with hobotron

Let’s hope he has a better fate than Droobert.

in Living World

Aerinndis.2730

Yeah, he just might have a red shirt on him, lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

He ethier inquest spy (with that hair cut he looks evil) or unlikley he could be one of the rata novans that came bk to fetch somthing left behind. He looks like a good comic relief character anyway.

Death Good

in Living World

Aerinndis.2730

There is so little information to tell who Windall is aligned with. I am kind of hoping he surprises us once we find out what he is really up to. He could be a nice twist to the story.

From what I have seen the Asurans seem to love stealing each other’s ideas and work on a pretty regular basis. Since Taimi specifically mentions Windall over anyone else I think he has been more underfoot than the others.

I finding small things like this in the game. Windall may stay a minor character but it was fun to figure who he was and think about what he is up to. Hopefully we will get more clues soon.