Winterdsay Pie with a hint of ... Oh no.

in Living World

Posted by: PhantomTear.6927

PhantomTear.6927

Well. I must say today’s update has blown away many of us GW2 Players
We get our lovely Fractals. Oh! And to top it all off, guess who is responsible?!

Now. I know many of you may shrug it of while another many are quite disappointed. I must say, it truly was a disappointment. Voting for Ellen to find out about a ruined Asura settlement and what caused it’s destruction – And we get this.

Our most (loosely spoken) prized antagonist of the Living Story, Scarlet. Who has escaped our clutches again because she can.

Now… With Wintersday coming, I’m sure we’ll get some time to cool off (literally), play some friendly snow games, give presents, and purchase that new fancy skin. But how will this effect the Story?

Well. Seeing as how Winter is rolling in, I say this also calls for a new miraculously formed alliance!

Frozen Alliance!! – I have dibs on Centaur-Svanir encounters.
It’s funny. When the goods guys try to band people together,
“No, you’re too lame! Fight!”
But when Scarlet wants to:
“Do this or I keel you! Teehehe!” – “K.”
That aside.

What do the fellow players and forum dwellers say on this? What do you expect will happen? Think this Scarlet business is nothing to continue bashing on? Or is Scarlet putting you on the verge of scratching your eyes out?

Do you think Scarlet killed the Spirit of Owl!?!

Have a good day/night everyone.

in Living World

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Don’t expect any compelling plot-lines until Scarlet is dead.

Minion

in Living World

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

No, she killed the Elder Dragons and absorbed them. Because she’s actually the Dragonborn from Skyrim, and so awesome that she cannot be contained in a single game.

in Living World

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

No, she killed the Elder Dragons and absorbed them. Because she’s actually the Dragonborn from Skyrim, and so awesome that she cannot be contained in a single game.

Waiting to see her do Fus Ro Dah :P

in Living World

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Waiting to see her do Fus Ro Dah :P

I think that’s when she says “Die” like 10 times in a row because it makes me want to not be anywhere near her in a flash.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Possible next alliances for Scarlet:

Hyleks and SAB Bannanas
Centaurs and Princess Dolls
Centaurs and Largos Assassins
Bandits and Trolls
Jotun and Nightmare Court
Destroyers and Underworld Minions

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Is there a reward when someone posts the one thousandth thread about Scarlet?

If so, can they be original or must they be something people have already made threads about several times before?

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Is there a reward when someone posts the one thousandth thread about Scarlet?

If so, can they be original or must they be something people have already made threads about several times before?

There is no such reward — and yet there are about that many threads. Anet: this is how much your customers dislike your storytelling.

On topic: if Halloween was any indication, there will be no Scarlet in Wintersday (for 2 weeks). But be prepared to trade thousands upon thousands of ugly wool sweaters for whatever items that come out.

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

There is no such reward — and yet there are about that many threads. Anet: this is how much your customers dislike your storytelling.

Or it just reflects the online culture. Frankly, even if there was a different villain, we’d see the same amount of relatively few players of the game making just as many threads about how much they hate it.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with constructive feedback. Unfortunately, these kinds of threads are not constructive in any manner. They clutter the forum and create a hostile and negative environment.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Or it just reflects the online culture. Frankly,even if there was a different villain, we’d see the same amount of relatively few players of the game making just as many threads about how much they hate it.

So wrong. I used to play WoW/Warcraft3 and I didn’t see nearly the same kind of hate towards the Lich King, in fact it was normally the opposite. But that’s because the story developed at a nice pace, you knew Arthas’ motives from the very start, sure they were twisted when he finally put on the helmet of the Lich King thus transforming him. But at that twist new motives were put in place. He was an interesting character, first he set out to defend what he loved (his people) but it drove him to almost madness, he was so confident he could control the power of the blade he didn’t listen to his friends. Even the Nightelves tried to stop him, he fought Illidan in a titantic fight at the base of the Lich King’s tomb in which he won and took up the crown, becoming the new Lich King… I could go on but you see a character develop through encounters with other characters, events, struggles, desires.

Anyway currently we have Scarlet, very little is known about her, no motive its just a repetitive cycle of forming alliances, no new development to Scarlet, she just laughs and teleports away. She has no real archenemy, her personality is completely one-dimensional (there is no range of emotions)

Honestly most people would struggle to create a worse villain yet here we have a group of professional writers that not only failed but have gone on to make her the centerpoint of 8 months of the Living Story.

in Living World

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Possible next alliances for Scarlet:

Hyleks and SAB Bannanas
Centaurs and Princess Dolls
Centaurs and Largos Assassins
Bandits and Trolls
Jotun and Nightmare Court
Destroyers and Underworld Minions

With the current “do not touch” thumpers all over, I decided it would be Centaurs and Locust.

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

With the current “do not touch” thumpers all over, I decided it would be Centaurs and Locust.

Nah, if it’s thumpers, it has to be centaurs and all of those kitten ambient rabbits.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”