Wintersday '16

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So coming tuesday we’ll get wintersday, but the big question on everyone’s minds: we didnt get halloween’16, so what are the odds we’ll get a wintersday’16.
Right now, hopes are low.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I would highly doubt they will add new activities to any festival. The only concern would be if they removed any like they have done with each Halloween until it became a shadow of its former self.

I just hope we have seen the back of those silly “drink 10k” drinks collections. Last Wintersday and Halloween prior have put too much emphasis on economy control or grind, when they are supposed to be light hearted fun. I hope they have remembered to go back to that.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

There’s going to be 12 new Wintersday maps. 15 new Wintersday activities. 250 new Wintersday Achievements. 50 new sets of Wintersday themed Armor. And the event is going to last through the end of March! Also included is the return of SAB, Queen’s Gauntlet, living world season 1, and more!

I can dream right?

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I hope we can go in the Infinarium with premade groups or solo. Last time I logged in for wintersday, we had to go in with random people. (I think it was calld the Infinarium anyway)

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Agreed, the festivities are too boring! There really isnt any point to doing them, not after the 4th year! In fact I was bored of them in the first year, they arent much fun and the rewards are mediocre.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Agreed, the festivities are too boring! There really isnt any point to doing them, not after the 4th year! In fact I was bored of them in the first year, they arent much fun and the rewards are mediocre.

This is how i felt about last wintersday. I barely did any of the AP’s. I was just too bored. i tried to force myself but just couldn’t. Even more so after realized 10k drinks for the aura when you’re not even guaranteed ONE drink from presents was a bit much.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I hope we can go in the Infinarium with premade groups or solo. Last time I logged in for wintersday, we had to go in with random people. (I think it was calld the Infinarium anyway)

Gaile gray just updated on this on reddit (instead here on their own forum) they havent found a fix formit yet. Aparantly the instances are in the pvp section of the world, and grouping would apparantly destroy the normal pvp servers.. or something like that

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

So coming tuesday we’ll get wintersday, but the big question on everyone’s minds: we didnt get halloween’16, so what are the odds we’ll get a wintersday’16.

???

What do you mean by “We didn’t get Halloween ’16”? It just finished a month ago. Also, “coming Tuesday Wintersday will start” but “We won’t get Wintersday” is contradictory and makes no sense. So, what do you actually try to say?

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

???

What do you mean by “We didn’t get Halloween ’16”? It just finished a month ago. Also, “coming Tuesday Wintersday will start” but “We won’t get Wintersday” is contradictory and makes no sense. So, what do you actually try to say?

It’s a bit misleading by the OP, but basically they mean we didn’t get new activities for Halloween, so it is a repeat of previous years. Which is pretty much what they intended festivals to be like.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Frankly, I would prefer they just make the LW S3 episode 4 sooner, over wasting time and resources on Wintersday.
Yeah, very grinch of me, but I’m just being honest.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

Frankly, I would prefer they just make the LW S3 episode 4 sooner, over wasting time and resources on Wintersday.

Since it’s a repeated festivity, there are no time and resources being wasted here. All the activation of an event requires is to simply switch a few variables in the database from 0 to 1.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

???

I meant we got halloween´14, just like in 2015 we got halloween´14.
So I´m hoping we get wintersday´16 and not wintersday´14.

New collections to grind for are fun, but they´re not content. In fact, in case of halloween, we got less than halloween´14 because they removed the story and one of the events.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Since it’s a repeated festivity, there are no time and resources being wasted here. All the activation of an event requires is to simply switch a few variables in the database from 0 to 1.

how to kitten of devs in 1 step: tell them any update is just an on-off switch,
I can’t begin to count the amount of times devs have explained how much effort it is each year because the system is constantly changing and all events and contents need to be changed along.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

In complex systems, just 1 different variable can imply hundreds of hours/worker, because variables interfere and alter each other, creating exponential changes that must be monitored and controlled.

IT’S NEVER EASY.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

I can’t begin to count the amount of times devs have explained how much effort it is each year because the system is constantly changing and all events and contents need to be changed along.

Sorry, I didn’t think of the skill changes etc. that might indeed affect festive events. My bad.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

I REALLY wish they would’ve carried over the original Guild Wars holiday traditions with providing a new and different celebratory skin/headpiece every year. It’s disappointing to see the same thing over and over just to salvage it or throw it away.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I REALLY wish they would’ve carried over the original Guild Wars holiday traditions with providing a new and different celebratory skin/headpiece every year. It’s disappointing to see the same thing over and over just to salvage it or throw it away.

I, too, miss Hats (Headgear) from Festivals, and random Minis from Birthdays. Sigh.

Oh, well.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

I, too, miss Hats (Headgear) from Festivals, and random Minis from Birthdays. Sigh.

Oh, well.

The first christmas it did look like this would be the case. I remember the surprise and joy at poking my head in game briefly on chrsitmas day, to be greeted with a present containing backpacks for PvP and PvE. It’s one of the nicest things I’ve seen in an MMO. The weapon skins only made it better. To this day I maintain that slingshot and popgun are two of the most innovative and amusing skins the Devs have produced.

It’s a shame that Anet seem to have changed so much, since then. The horrific cynicism that must have been involved in the planning for last years 10,000 drinks achieve is as polar opposite, as far away in sentiment and thinking, as you can possibly get from that first GW2 christmas. It was so outright offensive that I didn’t play for months after.

It took a lot for me to get back into playing and to be fair, they have done a good job overall on this years living season. I just wish it was possible for me to get the Wintersday Shoulders. I have neither the gold to buy the achieve nor the time to grind to such an extreme and nor should anyone have to.
That’s going to remain a very sore point that will continue to taint the game for me. The lowest point I’ve seen GW2 reach.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I wish they’d look at the holiday events in Guild Wars to see what made them special. Things like the hats, the quests, the special drops, everything. It would take some effort though and they may not have the resources.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Gaile gray just updated on this on reddit (instead here on their own forum) they havent found a fix formit yet. Aparantly the instances are in the pvp section of the world, and grouping would apparantly destroy the normal pvp servers.. or something like that

Thanx for the heads up. I was starting to get my hopes up.

Wintersday '16

in Living World

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Sorry, I didn’t think of the skill changes etc. that might indeed affect festive events. My bad.

The SYSTEM changes too, the very base code that the entire game runs on. It’s not just skill changes. Part of the long content droughts we had were due to them making changes/updating the system