Wizard's Tower

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

When will we find more about Isgarren and his tower below Garenhoff’s town?

The villagers are thankful and talking about Isgarren (the Wizard) who is guarding and protecting them with the help of his tamed Elementales.

But, when will we’ll actually meet Isgarren and learn more about his history?
I have been wondering this for years now but nothing has been shown up sadly,

I am playing with an alternative character, an Asuran character and I was doing storyline and saw a concept art of the Wizard’s Tower of that chapter, Pry the Eye open.
I haven’t been playing fulled Asuran storylines yet and I actually thought I was going to enter the Tower itself to rescue Professor Gorr.
Sadly, that was not the main story.

After running around from this beautiful town which I haven’t been in many years, I found a gate which I assume could be the area to enter the Wizard’s Tower and the map beside Garenhoff is still censored!

Here’s a few screenies below:

What do you think? Will this ever become a part of Living Story, (after so many years)?

I sure hope ANet haven’t forgotten about this, it sure looks interesting and awesome to me! And I am still looking forward whenever they decide to open up that map for us,

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Some of us have been waiting to find out what is in that tower since Guild Wars 1! Yes, I am definitely looking forward to one day figuring out what is in that tower. In GW1 it was located in Kessex Hills but you couldn’t get into it then either, and it was a big mystery even then.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I don’t expect to ever see the inside of it, or even really get to know anything about it for certain. It feels like tje classic kind of “world mystery” that helps create an engaging world.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

100% on board with this being a “content addition”…maybe a sub-plot in the story of Tyria.

I understand the value of a “mystery” for world color/lore…but this is just too cool not to expand on and make accessable for the players.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hopefully never. Sometimes things need to remain a mystery and this is absolutely one of them. Its mystery is what makes it so interesting. Open it up and you kill that. Fantasy Worlds need areas like this.

Nothing Anet can do after 10 years of mystery can live up to the hype and imagination players have invested into this area anyway.

I’ve always assumed its existence is a homage to the Dying Earth stories and in particular Rhialto the Marvellous

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

It’s going to be the subject of a raid, and all the lorehounds who aren’t good enough to raid, or don’t have time will be stuck on the sidelines raging against the raiding community because they get all of the interesting stuff that we’ve always wanted to experience.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It’s going to be the subject of a raid, and all the lorehounds who aren’t good enough to raid, or don’t have time will be stuck on the sidelines raging against the raiding community because they get all of the interesting stuff that we’ve always wanted to experience.

AND raiders will not even value it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I kind of hope we never learn much about it. I like having a few mysteries in the game (and would like to see even more).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I kind of hope we never learn much about it. I like having a few mysteries in the game (and would like to see even more).

I prefer mysteries like how the world was when lupicus’ were roaming free the lands to be kept secret. But this one, this i want to experience and its right in our faces AND the devs keep teasing it so why not?

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I prefer mysteries like how the world was when lupicus’ were roaming free the lands to be kept secret. But this one, this i want to experience and its right in our faces AND the devs keep teasing it so why not?

I like lots of mysteries. Some people are really uncomfortable with any at all.

So why not? Because I like the mystery a lot better than any theory I’ve seen offered to explain it; I can’t imagine ANet doing it justice lo these many years later. (I won’t be angry if they do add it in.)

In other words, no need for any reason, anymore than you need one for wanting ANet to tackle this story finally.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: guywithcrabs.7890

guywithcrabs.7890

One thing i’ve always been curious about in this area is the asura stuff in the top floor of one of the houses. Seems rather out of place to me.

Attachments:

(edited by guywithcrabs.7890)

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

One thing i’ve always been curious about in this area is the asura stuff in the top floor of one of the houses. Seems rather out of place to me.

An asuran personal story takes place here. It’s a secret inquest base, probably because they are interested in the wizards tower too.
In the story though it is a detainment cell for a troublesome scientist.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

An asuran personal story takes place here. It’s a secret inquest base, probably because they are interested in the wizards tower too.

^ This basically.
If you’re in the story instance you can use the Inquest aka Arcane Eye’s dervice, you’ll get information about Arcane Eye Agents and their leader, Rakt.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I like lots of mysteries. Some people are really uncomfortable with any at all.

So why not? Because I like the mystery a lot better than any theory I’ve seen offered to explain it; I can’t imagine ANet doing it justice lo these many years later. (I won’t be angry if they do add it in.)

In other words, no need for any reason, anymore than you need one for wanting ANet to tackle this story finally.

i mean why not be able to make it justice they made justice to saul’s closure after all

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i mean why not be able to make it justice they made justice to saul’s closure after all

I understand you would prefer that. I’m saying, I prefer the mystery.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Ardid.7203

IMO mysteries also have an expiration date: the resolution of the mystery needs to be possible and be executed at some point, or the mystery becomes just a meaningless background.

This is a good example: I would love to know MORE about the wizard’s tower, but I don’t get any interest in it as it is now. After so many time, it just… become boring to me.

So, I think they should let us explore it, and then bring some NEW mysteries about the place.

Hawks

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Randulf.7614

I don’t agree that mysteries have an expiry date. Wizard’s Tower is the sort of place that benefits from ongoing mystery. Once that mystery is gone, what makes the Tower so inviting, so interesting is gone and gone forever.

That is not something I would like to see happen and hopefully it can remain a permanent mystery where people can forever look up and wonder.

Some mysteries benefit from being resolved – this is not one of them imo.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: guywithcrabs.7890

guywithcrabs.7890

^ This basically.
If you’re in the story instance you can use the Inquest aka Arcane Eye’s dervice, you’ll get information about Arcane Eye Agents and their leader, Rakt.

Very interesting, i’m going to have to go play the Asuran story now!

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

I agree it’s been forever and we still know next to nothing of that place…

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

When will we find more about Isgarren and his tower below Garenhoff’s town?

To my mind, this could actually be two questions, and that leads into what I want.

I like the mystery of the tower, but I also want to know more. But what if knowing more doesn’t mean knowing everything?

What if we found Isgarren’s crypt somewhere on/under the ground, and hints that someone else had taken over for him in the tower? We could get all sorts of lore on Isgarren and the tower as it was back in GW1 days, but still not know what’s up there now.

Or to turn that around, what if we got into the tower, only to find that Isgarren (or whoever) doesn’t actually live there, and only uses the tower as a “relay” of sorts for their magic? We’d get some answers, but they would leave us with more questions and mysteries.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Chances are we’ll never go inside the Wizard’s Tower. It seems to just be kept as a permanent secret forever.

^ This basically.

It’s not Inquest at all. It’s Arcane Eye, which is basically the secret service for the Arcane Council.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Chances are we’ll never go inside the Wizard’s Tower. It seems to just be kept as a permanent secret forever.

^ This basically.

It’s not Inquest at all. It’s Arcane Eye, which is basically the secret service for the Arcane Council.

Sorry that i mixed it up.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

AND raiders will not even value it.

They will auto-click to the end of all story-animations and will never know what that specific NPC has done to deserve death, because you get more gold/minute that way.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yea, reminds me of Tempest Keep in WoW. I’d love to see 1-2 dungeons and a raid in it!

But as usual in GW2 they don’t do things people – especially the veterans – want:
- no UW
- no FoW
- no Wizard’s Tower

Instead of building on the fundaments of GW lore they rather try to create new stuff people never demanded. One just asks why and wonders…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

In my opinion, Wizards Tower should stay a mystery, because in all honesty, it’s all it has, If they open up the Wizards Tower it will become a “normal” place and we will forget about it as we forget every special place in Tyria, it’s aura of mystery is the only reason we like it.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

It’s the new expansion they are working on..

People have been tricked into thinking we are going to the Crystal Desert but in fact we heading to Cantha and a portal from the Wizard’s Tower will take us to a new world similar to UW and FoW for end game content.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Randulf.7614

In my opinion, Wizards Tower should stay a mystery, because in all honesty, it’s all it has, If they open up the Wizards Tower it will become a “normal” place and we will forget about it as we forget every special place in Tyria, it’s aura of mystery is the only reason we like it.

Precisely, this

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Ardid.7203

Mysteries needs to advance and give way to new depths, or they stagnate. IMO theyshould use the Wizards Tower for something, and then tie that something to a new, equally intriguing but fresh mystery.

Hawks

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Mysteries that remain a mystery for too long become “pointless things we no longer care about”.

Other than the few times you redo map completion, nothing draws you there to remind you that a mystery is present, thus it isn’t a mystery any longer, just background art.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Mysteries that remain a mystery for too long become “pointless things we no longer care about”.

Other than the few times you redo map completion, nothing draws you there to remind you that a mystery is present, thus it isn’t a mystery any longer, just background art.

That can be valid in many cases, however this is not one of them, since 10 years on, players are still looking up and talking, wondering and speculating at its mysteries.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Ardid.7203

That can be valid in many cases, however this is not one of them, since 10 years on, players are still looking up and talking, wondering and speculating at its mysteries.

We get back to that topic from time to time, no doubt. But wondering and speculating? That’s in the past.

If this post can work as a basic example, you will find we invested more time arguing about IF Anet is going to or should do something with the tower than wondering or speculating about it. I have some suggestions for Anet about the tower, but I don’t really have speculations anymore: it is just a nice looking place I would like they use for something, wich I never think about while I’m playing, because I know they will NOT use for anything. It is abandoned.

Hawks

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Next expansion will be a single raid with a 30min timer in wizards tower. New armor is a reskin of starter gear.

Wizard's Tower

in Living World

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Jokes aside, they can make a fractal there. That would be the best usage of wizards tower and even can show us the story and past of that place.