When will LS3 part 2 come out?- Predictions [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

if this goes the way mordremoth was introduced, it will be at least another year until the next expansion. i’ll get excited then?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

They’re just as likely to fight each other as they are the races of Tyria. It would be cool if ANet did that, 2 Elder Dragons fighting.

I say, let them fight.

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

To be honest, when Taimi declared that Primordus is awake, I pretty much was like, Uh, yeah, didn’t we already know that?

To be fair, she didn’t say “awake”, she said “active”. And since he’s been awake for so long without any sign of him, Primordus being active would indeed be news. Especially troubling because we got the news right after we saw both the return of a Mursaat and Caudecus got away from us.

in Living World

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Guild-Wars-2-Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

Where do bad players go when they die?
They don’t go to the heavens where the six gods fly.
They’re sent to the Ring of Fire to fry.
Won’t PvP again ’till the fourth of July.

I saw a lady in Hell’s Precipice.
Got attacked by a charr with a rabid bite.
Because she waypointed just a little too soon.
And the charr ran away howling at the red moon.

There’s something charming about rangers.

in Living World

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Don’t worry, he will be dangerous for ele’s at least.

Destroyers are immune to burning

OH MAN! I forgot about this. This makes Condi Engi’s all over the world sad.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Will they be in hot water if they do?

Or if they don’t? 0.o

This really gets my blood boiling. I am steamed that you could make such a remark.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Or if they don’t? 0.o

This really gets my blood boiling. I am steamed that you could make such a remark.

Easy there. Take a cold shower. It’s just water under the bridge.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Or if they don’t? 0.o

Yeah, it sucks when someone goes off the deep end…but water you gonna do?

in Living World

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Or if they don’t? 0.o

Yeah, it sucks when someone goes off the deep end…but water you gonna do?

Moist people wont get this.

in Living World

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

if this goes the way mordremoth was introduced, it will be at least another year until the next expansion. i’ll get excited then?

An expansion would be the destination, this is the journey. Partly down memory lane for everyone that played GW1. Of course from above it’ll be a whole new view, I can’t wait!

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in Living World

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

The most comprehensive info. about the upcoming story thus far is found here:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/page/1

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh dear, I seem to have unleashed a(n underwater) monster! Perhaps, an entire school!

in Living World

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

It would be a pretty shocking twist if Primordus emerged at the Ring of Fire… and Lazarus killed him. :O

That’s a good twist; I went a little more sideways and thought, what if Primordus emerged at RoF, and Lazarus was working with him? I found his closing dialog interesting, seek shelter with me or you’re welcome to burn.

It could also just be, well, a lot of things, but that was my impression.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Don’t worry, he will be dangerous for ele’s at least.

Destroyers are immune to burning

OH MAN! I forgot about this. This makes Condi Engi’s all over the world sad.

Don,t worry, if we can light up the megadestroyer like an australian forest, lesser destroyers are gonna be burnt to a crisp.
Kinda strage that destroyers in gw2 aren’t immune to burning, or icebrood to chill, risen to poison, branded and mordrem toooo….. Something?

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Greatest patch ever. 6.9/10 too much lava

in Living World

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Yes, this thread has become innundated with comments. People will take any oppor-tuna-ty to carp on.

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I am soooooo looking forward to this. Nostalgia, here I come! I wonder if the volcanoes still have faces in them?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Living World

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

Once more into the b®each dear friends?

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There have been multiple threads created and posted to. The Mods have merged some into a thread in the Living World sub-forum.

Good luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

His armies never invaded Maguuma or Kryta or anywhere, its like there was an invisible wall in Silverwastes that he couldn’t pass except for a few minions at a time.

They did invade the western Maguuma – none of that land was originally under Mordremoth’s control. Their expansion was halted at the Silverwastes.

in Living World

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

I sea that all the water puns have been taken.
It would feel really odd if they left water content out.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I wonder if the Current Events will cease and be replaced by Undercurrent Events.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I was really hoping we’d end there, looking at the line the current locator events were arranged around. I’m so glad i was right.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

To be honest, when Taimi declared that Primordus is awake, I pretty much was like, Uh, yeah, didn’t we already know that?

To be fair, she didn’t say “awake”, she said “active”. And since he’s been awake for so long without any sign of him, Primordus being active would indeed be news. Especially troubling because we got the news right after we saw both the return of a Mursaat and Caudecus got away from us.

Active or awake meant similar things to me. I didn’t take it as more active than usual somehow. But I guess that makes sense then.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

Posted by: Nogothanc.5014

Nogothanc.5014

The main enemy of LW3 will be that Mursaat. LW3 will be the prologue for the next expansion where we will have to fight the next elder dragon.

As we will move to the Fire Islands it is highly possible that the Door of Komalie (Gateway to the Realm of Torment) is/will be in danger. I would like to see that somehow the LW3 story ends that the Door of Komalie is opened/destroyed and Titans enter Tyria.

It would be an interesting setting for the following expansion. Titans, an elder dragon, probably another blood stone destroyed? and maybe we can/have to enter the Realm of Torment itself.

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

If they do make a lot of underwater combat, now might be a good time to buy some cheap underwater pre’s or make underwater legendaries. They’ll finally be desired/worth something!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

If they do make a lot of underwater combat, now might be a good time to buy some cheap underwater pre’s or make underwater legendaries. They’ll finally be desired/worth something!

Mmm… not convinced that’s true without some kind of UW overhaul / mastery system which I reckon would come with an expansion, not a LS Episode.

Wishful thinking!

in Living World

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

Man I’m just happy that the new leadership in GW2 is making moves….This is something i have been waiting for too long…Lets see how it all plays out…

I wont lie im not to happy that we have another conquest map for PVP…BUTTT it might be different…

LETS SEE on the 20th

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

The main enemy of LW3 will be that Mursaat. LW3 will be the prologue for the next expansion where we will have to fight the next elder dragon.

That would be a repeat of Scarlet/Mordremoth all over again. Just like fighting one Elder Dragon per expansion would turn out to be predictable, to say the least, this also means there’s little originality on the part of the storytellers. I’m counting on something else/more than a story repeat with different characters.

As we will move to the Fire Islands it is highly possible that the Door of Komalie (Gateway to the Realm of Torment) is/will be in danger. I would like to see that somehow the LW3 story ends that the Door of Komalie is opened/destroyed and Titans enter Tyria.

It would be an interesting setting for the following expansion. Titans, an elder dragon, probably another blood stone destroyed? and maybe we can/have to enter the Realm of Torment itself.

With this in the mix, it would seem a lot more interesting to me personally.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Did you even play the game? Mordi killed the fleet, the only way we beat him was by going into the dream and killing his mind, and then we had backed him self up in the little cabbage that could. So we could not beat him the same way we beat Zhitan. He slapped us about and left the pact a broken mess. We got lucky. This time we do not have the pact, Kryta have there hands full with White Mantle and possibly a Murssat.the threat is very real, we only have our whits and ability to save the world.

No, I guess because I have a different opinion on the dragons than you I haven’t played the game.

Mordy destroyed the fleet and corrupted a bunch of sylvari then a couple weeks/months/some arbitrary time later, we went in the the dream and tried to kill him. Mordy attacked a couple forts outside the Heart of Maguuma and made a few vines poke out of the ground but at no time did he try to advance on us. His armies never invaded Maguuma or Kryta or anywhere, its like there was an invisible wall in Silverwastes that he couldn’t pass except for a few minions at a time. Why wasn’t he attacking us everywhere? He clearly had the capability. Instead he just sat there and twiddled his thumbs while we came to kill him.

Elder Dragons are huge nigh-unstoppable forces that roll over anything in the path in their hunger for more magic to eat. They expand their domains to corrupt more minions and get more magic to become even bigger monsters. Where were the legions of Mordrem outside of HoT? Where were the huge massive clusters of vines tearing apart cities? Where were the hordes of corrupted sylvari? For some inexplicable reason (ie the plot bus said so), Mordy didn’t bring his power to bear on us.

Heck, when we came to kill him he just let it happen. He could have easily crushed us with vines while we were attacking his mind. Since we were in the heart of his domain there should have been legions of Mordrem around that could have overwhelmed our allies and killed us. After we defeated his mind and he could have made a backup elsewhere, he clearly had the time to do it when he started asserting his control over Trahearne before we killed him; his domain is the mind after all, that should have been easy for him.

We accept it because the plot manual says its going to happen but thats about the only reason for me to accept how it ended.

So yeah, Mordy didn’t feel like the big bad that Elder Dragons are supposed to be and I don’t really expect Primordus or Lazarus to feel that threatening either. But thats just my opinion on it.

You missed the events where he invaded Brisban and other parts of the map then? there are Mordim in Iron marches, yes your right he stayed in the jungle……..

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’ll be pleasantly surprised the day ArenaNet developers dare to test the waters again. For now they seem irrationally scared of it.

It’s a pretty rational fear, I’d say. Very few people actually like the underwater content as it is.

It’s because ANet did a half-effort of underwater combat (and it was still better than any other MMO’s underwater experience), but they abandoned it instead of fixing the half of skills that didn’t work underwater. I doubt anything short of an expansion will provoke them into doing the work necessary to finish what they started.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I’ll be pleasantly surprised the day ArenaNet developers dare to test the waters again. For now they seem irrationally scared of it.

It’s a pretty rational fear, I’d say. Very few people actually like the underwater content as it is.

It’s because ANet did a half-effort of underwater combat (and it was still better than any other MMO’s underwater experience), but they abandoned it instead of fixing the half of skills that didn’t work underwater. I doubt anything short of an expansion will provoke them into doing the work necessary to finish what they started.

Not only do many skills not work underwater, but your trait setup might become useless too. They should seriously have a seperate tab for selecting traits to use when underwater.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Only if they rework it so it no longer sucks (which I’m sure they won’t do).
Either make all skills work underwater or offer replacements for the ones that don’t. (It’s especially bad on Revenants)

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m happy to see they are adding a lot of things we are asking for, not in the volume everyone would like but it is a step in the right direction for sure. If these episodes are truly a sign of things to come I think GW2’s future looks much brighter then it did 4 months back.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Living World

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I think the issue is that ANET got a backlash against changing the world the last time they did it (Lions Arch). As such they may be feeling more wary towards it. If they want to make the Dragons feel threatening they HAVE to affect existing maps more than a one off weekend event. That is a LOT of work though. Anything going in has to be tested, if they want to add new events to all the zones to denote dragon invasions, that’s a lot. I THINK they are doing a great job in testing the waters with these Bloodstone crazed beasts events, and bandit leaders. I get the impression these events are them testing this idea. If so, I like it.

What I would enjoy more is hitting a major city that’s not LA. They were VERY close to this with LS2 and Mordremoth attacking the Pale Tree, but they kept it all instanced and left no scaring.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

I think the issue is that ANET got a backlash against changing the world the last time they did it (Lions Arch). As such they may be feeling more wary towards it. If they want to make the Dragons feel threatening they HAVE to affect existing maps more than a one off weekend event. That is a LOT of work though. Anything going in has to be tested, if they want to add new events to all the zones to denote dragon invasions, that’s a lot. I THINK they are doing a great job in testing the waters with these Bloodstone crazed beasts events, and bandit leaders. I get the impression these events are them testing this idea. If so, I like it.

What I would enjoy more is hitting a major city that’s not LA. They were VERY close to this with LS2 and Mordremoth attacking the Pale Tree, but they kept it all instanced and left no scaring.

I always considered his attempt at the Pale Tree to be an attempt to corrupt her again, (since she is essentially a purified blighting tree, or at least the result of a purified seed of Mordremoth), not destroy her. We haven’t seen any scarring yet, but we’ve heard that she is recovering, so she definitely has damage done to her (albeit physical or mental). Her avatar showed she was in pain and discomfort, after all.

I personally like changing the world. It makes it a bit more believable. With all these things happening, you must at some point see signs of it around you. They did it to Kessex Hills too, before they destroyed Lion’s Arch. That area is still not like what it used to be. They also would’t have to change an entire map; part of it would still make sense. The nightmare tower didn’t cover all of Kessex Hills either, and the east part of the map is still like it used to be before Scarlet came along.

in Living World

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Don,t worry, if we can light up the megadestroyer like an australian forest, lesser destroyers are gonna be burnt to a crisp.
Kinda strage that destroyers in gw2 aren’t immune to burning

But most of them are. The Megadestroyer isn’t, but the regular destroyers you find around Mount Maelstrom are. It makes me sad as a dragonhunter seeing “Immune, Immune, Immune, Immune” popping up as I fight them.

If we do end up with a Primordus themed expansion, I hope they change this as it would be obnoxious to have so many enemies immune to a condition like that.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Kinda strage that destroyers in gw2 aren’t immune to burning

But most of them are. The Megadestroyer isn’t, but the regular destroyers you find around Mount Maelstrom are. It makes me sad as a dragonhunter seeing “Immune, Immune, Immune, Immune” popping up as I fight them.

If we do end up with a Primordus themed expansion, I hope they change this as it would be obnoxious to have so many enemies immune to a condition like that.

It could be a mastery to make our flame “divine” or something