Wow, there's a lot of junk

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I logged on tonight and played for a few hours and i find that my bags are loaded with recipes, tonics and skins that cannot be sold to NPCs and are going for few copper on the TP. Why did they design this event to load you down with crap you can’t even vendor?

in Living World

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

If Anet really want it to be a Wintersday month, then how bout upping the loot drop on better loot by 100x (which is still extremely a low chance) for that month, instead of loading us down with crap.

in Living World

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Some of the tonics can’t even be sold on the TP any longer, they don’t make the 2c cut :P

in Living World

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

Roll up, roll up – additional storage available in the Gem Store!

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

in Living World

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

well i already got 160 slots on my main…id gladly expand it to 200 or more, but hey…there’s a limit!
really annoying…

in Living World

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Because adjusting droprates and thinking of actual rewards is hard, whereas cluttering your inventory with junk and giving you a false sense of accomplishment is easy.

“Do it as lazily as possible” pretty much sums up ANet’s work ethic.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: Krakilin.1524

Krakilin.1524

Honestly the rewards as a whole are disappointing compared to last year. I mean.. really the skritt santa and endless toymaker tonic are it. the runes, sigils, skins and holiday ugly sock reward vendors. Seem all but useless. I am a HUGE fan of gw holidays they are like real holidays to me but was disappointed on rewards. Now the activities are super fun. love bell choir and snowball mayhem. Have yet to get into a working toypocolypse however.

Edit: I do despise that on this wintersday the day we get together.. you cannot join anything as a party. haha me and rl friend were bummed.

(edited by Krakilin.1524)

in Living World

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Worst part of it is getting the Major and Minor runes etc. Mostly because I don’t think there are very many people out there who are gonna be like “WOW A MINOR RUNE OF …whatever” I don’t have anything but 80s left at this point.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

^this.

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

It feels like a step down compared to Halloween, mainly because of the avalanche of minor runes and sigils. I opened maybe 50 gifts and that was enough to never want to see any of those again. The only real garbage drop for Halloween was strawberry ghosts, but you got so much other stuff you barely noticed them piling up. It feels like every second gift has some minor trash in it.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Worst part of it is getting the Major and Minor runes etc. Mostly because I don’t think there are very many people out there who are gonna be like “WOW A MINOR RUNE OF …whatever” I don’t have anything but 80s left at this point.

I’ve been tossing them in the forge to get something I can at least vendor for a few copper.

I just love getting minor rune/sigil of no vendor value.

in Living World

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I’ve been tossing them in the forge to get something I can at least vendor for a few copper.

I just love getting minor rune/sigil of no vendor value.

You just answered the question I was going to ask. I’m getting lots of sigils and runes of all rarities. It’s nice to know that I can at least forge them.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And that’s why I’ve just been selling the Giant Wintersday Gifts themselves. XD Since I’m not after any of the rare drops from the Gifts (the only ones I’m actually interested in are the Frostbitten tools, and I can get those from Personalised gifts), it’s better to sell the Giant gifts for 5 – 6 silver each rather than open them and most likely get back stuff that sells for <10 copper.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I really don’t want to slog through the pvp track to get an aqua breather, but it’s looking like I’m going to have to.

Oh well…the new pvp daily rewards make it easier and more rewarding so I may just do that a couple times to finally get an exotic aquabreather for my mains. The rare one is nice because it is tradeable…we finally get an exotic aquabreather and it’s crazy rare and account bound. Oh joy.

in Living World

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

I bought all Bag expansion slots for my character,

160 inventory space, i currently have 25 left.

- 10 slots halloween crap food

- 15 slots wintersday clothes, crap, ..

- Bandit crest stacks

- Geode stacks

- Organ bags (keeping for next patch cause “jeeeuj” more RNG)

- Tonics, Toys , ….

Every Patch they come out with more crap that just pollutes my inventory. The worst part is the Container-In-Container-In-Bag. Jezus Christ my finger hurst from just clicking all the lame things!

Click Gift -> Click Clothes Container -> Click Salvage Kit -> Click Clothes
4 Clicks for a pointless item !

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

(edited by Memphisjz.1405)

in Living World

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

^this.

So I should either spend RL money on gems, or lots of hard earned gold on gems, so I can buy more bank space to store trash?

Not really helpful.

And then there’s this^

in Living World

aspirine.6852

^this.

So I should either spend RL money on gems, or lots of hard earned gold on gems, so I can buy more bank space to store trash?

Not really helpful.

And then there’s this^

No that is the reason there is so much junk. Anet wants us to buy storage.

in Living World

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

^this.

Not really helpful.

No that is the reason there is so much junk. Anet wants us to buy storage.

Maybe that’s the reason, but it isn’t much incentive.

(edited by Mojo Gris Gris.5941)

in Living World

aspirine.6852

Yeah I know it sux, some of my chars are filled with this crap. And no Anet I will not buy extra stash.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Don’t open the bottle shaped present.
Don’t open the minor rune bags that stack
Don’t open the harvesting tools
Don’t open the harmful or whatever presents.
Save huge number of bag spaces then throw them away or open if you want to mf things.

in Living World

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

7 fangs in a row when all I want is a bladder drop...

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The first thing i do is drop stuff out of inventory, sometimes have to write the long name to delete those items…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.