Yet another time gated back pack.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Why are we still getting back items? I’m sure we have more than enough. We already have a time gated back back. Remember the spine blades? LS1 had what 5 back packs, not including the God back pack respires. Not to mention I personally think it’s ugly. Some people might like it but I for one don’t. I’m not against time gated stuff. But back packs have been done to death in session one. Couldn’t we have just forgotten back items, and just kept building an armour set
Like we started with episode 1 of session 2?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I want more back items actually, a couple alts still have nothign that macthes them. There really isnt that many unless your counting all the reskins and unfinished back items like beta fractal capacitor. But i would also like more in game armor as well along with the back items.

in Living World

Posted by: JLDubz.1257

JLDubz.1257

but this one grows as we continue through season 2 and 3… It’s not JUST a backpack lol

Engineer, Scientist, Philospher, Artist, Partisan. Why must I choose?

in Living World

Posted by: ZameR.4613

ZameR.4613

We have plenty of armor skins already, so why not add more back piece skins? I don’t have any problem with that (except RNG materials, cuz RNG is never on my side)

but this one grows as we continue through season 2 and 3… It’s not JUST a backpack lol

I am affraid that this “growing” will simply mean that we’ll need to craft another things.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Why would I want a vine on my back, purified or otherwise?

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Why would I want a vine on my back, purified or otherwise?

A male sylvari may not want a rose growing out of his back, especially one playing a necro. It is also purple which suits my character perfectly…. to each their own my friend; I for one will be making one asap.

in Living World

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

I like it and that’s enough for me, I also like mounts and housing which others seem to dislike.
To each his own I guess which is fine too

in Living World

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

I’m still waiting for Guild Capes

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s certainly cool looking. Seems to be a lot of work and time going into crafting it. And that’s just phase 1.

But I’ve yet to find a back item that really works with my guardian. For now I run the guild backpack. I understand the whole vine theme, but it’d be nice to get something more metal and stoic and clean.

And while I think back items are fun, I too would like to see new armor items. Perhaps instead of phases of a backpack, a new piece of a full armor set with each release. In 3 months time we’d have a full set that’s craftable and unique.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

It is a back pack, just like the spine blade. You’ll craft this. The. Use this plus more mats, then use that, plus more mats. Until you get to the infused version. As I said this is nothing new, just a different skin and diffrent method. I just wish I could sell my parts I’ve got. I’ll not be making it, but I’ll keep them incase they get use somewhere else. Like all the 90+ blade shards I have on my main.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I love it and can’t wait to see how it grows

in Living World

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

So many back items since release

Books of Madness (2 types)
Toy Maker’s Bag (2 types I think*)
Molten Jetpack
Sclerite Karka Shell
Fervid Censer
SAB Backpack
Dragon Wing Backs (2 types)
Bazaar Catchers (3 types)
Fractal Capacitor (3 phases)
Desert Rose
Zephyr Rucksack
SAB Back to School Set (3 types)
Wings of the Sunless
Spinal Blades (6 phases)
New Back Piece S2 LS (unknown # of phases)
Ascended Quivers
Ascended Books

Yeah I think back item releases are slightly over done..

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So many back items since release

Books of Madness (2 types)
Toy Maker’s Bag (2 types I think*) bag/sack
Molten Jetpack
Sclerite Karka Shell
Fervid Censer flower
SAB Backpack
Dragon Wing Backs (2 types) wings
Bazaar Catchers (3 types)
Fractal Capacitor (3 phases)
Desert Rose flower
Zephyr Rucksack bag/sack
SAB Back to School Set (3 types)
Wings of the Sunless wings
Spinal Blades (6 phases) wings-ish
New Back Piece S2 LS (unknown # of phases) flower
Ascended Quivers
Ascended Books

Yeah I think back item releases are slightly over done..

You forgot the Slickpack and the Injector. So that’s 2 more lol.

And I think I’ve hit my limit of flowers/wings/sacks.

Gotta agree with you, we’ve got a plethora of back items. A few new armor sets attained in a similar manner would be nice. Instead of back piece phases, a single piece of a full set perhaps?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Or they could have just released capes and have been done with it. Sure, there will be clipping issues with Charr. Get a fashion designer or just a designer.

But with the release of all these backpacks, there are still flaws in the backpack system. Asura have the backpacks set too low on their backs causing most bags to look like fanny packs.

I’d really appreciate if Anet decided to design things around races other than Human (yes, I know things look pretty on your norn and sylvari, but everything is made for human, not the rest).

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’ve decided not to use any back items simply because I think they’re all overkill.

in Living World

Posted by: diax.2815

diax.2815

I’m okay with new back items getting added, but timegating has made me skip this one. I just want to know what the reasoning behind the timegating is, why can’t we craft this at our own speed? Maybe incentive to buy gems and convert to gold?
Why are we forced to follow these rules. Will i be OP for crafting an exotic backpiece i will only use the skin from? With ascended crafting timegating is a little bit more acceptable but for this item? I’m calling bullkitten!

in Living World

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I’m okay with new back items getting added, but timegating has made me skip this one. I just want to know what the reasoning behind the timegating is, why can’t we craft this at our own speed? Maybe incentive to buy gems and convert to gold?
Why are we forced to follow these rules. Will i be OP for crafting an exotic backpiece i will only use the skin from? With ascended crafting timegating is a little bit more acceptable but for this item? I’m calling bullkitten!

Timegating is a wonderful thing , at least it is guaranteed to get the item. Players like me enjoy timegated stuff especially after opening 100+ chest and not getting a fossil. that’s bullkitten.

in Living World

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

For me time gathering is better than RNG…and you can buy the mats from TP so it doesn’t have to be time gathering at all if you are in the rush and rich.

After that, I do like the idea to give the item some back stories about the current events, just like this time…I always like the legendary items in WOW (even I never have one myself) simply because I enjoy the back stories/ quests to obtain it.

My 2 cents

in Living World

Morsus.5106

For me time gathering is better than RNG…and you can buy the mats from TP so it doesn’t have to be time gathering at all if you are in the rush and rich.

I don’t think the people who rush in and buy the mats stay rich for long, because the prices often fall off of a cliff after the first few days. It was seven gold this morning for a Foxfire Cluster and now it’s a gold. The rich who buy it probably wait a day or two at the least in, so they don’t “rush in”.

in Living World

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I LOVE time-gating stuff, especially when the materials to make it aren’t THAT expensive! I have made ~100g selling my clay pot and time-gated recipes today. The meat recipe costs like 8s to make too, and sold for 16g. I love profiting off people’s impatience.

in Living World

Posted by: diax.2815

diax.2815

I’m not saying the back item should be a drop, like needing luck from chest to get a fossil, I’m saying when i have materials to craft something, don’t hold me back for no reason. I want to craft at my own speed and not theirs, sure i can buy gems and convert to gold and just buy items from the TP, but if i use my own mats it takes me 7 days…

in Living World

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

can we atleast start having backpacks that make sense?

Like Anton having his crossed back up blades on his back?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Kotone.6597

Kotone.6597

I feel the new backpiece from this LS actually make sense since it is related to the story unlike the hentai karka shell.

Even I do like the back up blades more than this purple glowing seed, but I don’t see that has anything to do with the current story..

in Living World

Morsus.5106

Now that’s a not overkill backpack I would wear.

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

The material requirements get more amusing by the update. Come on, Anet. 50 gold of materials for a decoration. Naw…

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The material requirements get more amusing by the update. Come on, Anet. 50 gold of materials for a decoration. Naw…

You could try being less impatient and by next week it will cost 5g tops.

in Living World

Esplen.3940

Or just hit some trees.

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I just don’t understand Anet. Their majority of rewards are back-slot items, and weapon skins. Are they hindered by a budget, or have a lack of artists and modelers? It’s not like it’s hard to find them. They are a dime-a-dozen in the 3d community. Any amateur can produce a full set of gear in less than a month. The only full armor sets we get are on the Trading Post, which is a shame. It’s as if they go halfway through designing a set, and then release them as single armor items, such as the scarf and goggles recently.

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I am. Woulda been a more fun ride to get it more along the lines of the missions and its minigame fetch quests overall than through more random crafting sprees, was mostly my point. Until then I am not minding being able to toss clay pots at people for half their day’s earnings, but.

in Living World

Posted by: Trx.5298

Trx.5298

Im pretty sure Backpacks are this game’s primary cosmetic. Unless Anet decides to start making tons and tons of armor sets for different classes, backpacks are their primary cosmetic choice beyond Weapon Skins.

Think about it, Guild Wars prides itself on being a game that doesn’t focus on gear being the main focus, instead your character and how that character looks is. So they get the necessary gear out of the way (capped at Ascended for now) and start focusing on cosmetic skins. Now they do have some armor skins, but the main thing they pump out are back packs and weapon skins. These are the items you will see that can make your character different from others. Like the few people who have the Shattered Wings back piece. These skins most likely won’t be available forever, so getting them gives characters a piece of cosmetic gear that makes their characters unique later on in the game’s life.

I hope they do start making some unique armor sets for each class though. It would be awesome, especially since they had things like that in Guild Wars 1 (I rocked the Primeval Set on my Elementalist and I loved it to death)

in Living World

Morsus.5106

I like timegating. I can make a profit on all the impatient players.

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

We’re getting back slot skins because it’s easier to make a single back slot skin that people will complain about than make a whole set of clothing that people will complain about.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m not sure if the Mysterious Vine is enough to make my Sylvari give up her Fervis Censer, but the purple aura on the backpiece should match Nightmare weapons really well, so I’m eager to have it for that reason alone.

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

To be honest, I rather like the way Anet has gone around this one. There’s a lot of work and effort into making it, which appeals to me, but what doesn’t drive me off is that the time and effort is realistic. I’m intending to grind out all the mats rather than buy anything off the TP. I got all the recipes and bricks I’d need Geodes for (glad I never spent any), so now I’m just getting as many Foxfire Clusters as I can. So long as I get 4 a day for the food, I’m happy. If I can get more than four a day, I aim to get the 20 I need for the pot stored away.

It’s much more reasonable and I feel like I can do this at my own pace.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

honestly i have no interest in the backpack, or in putting effort to craft it. i might do it if i get enough foxfire just because the scavenger hunt aspect seems fun.

honestly, removing the RNG and crafting, i’d do the whole scavenger hunt through even if the rewards were two blues and a green.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

This backpack annoys me. At least I had a chance of getting the spinal blade thingie, but didnt because I was too lazy to farm the items needed, but this one takes the cake, and I hate it. Requiring 3 different skills at 400, none of which I have even started, or a kitten ton of money from people price gouging.

I will never get this back item, and its not because I don’t like it. I just will never have the money or skill level to make it. So now I have 4 items that will sit in my bank forever as a reminder of an unobtainable item.

Thanks. This is bullkitten.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Im pretty sure Backpacks are this game’s primary cosmetic. Unless Anet decides to start making tons and tons of armor sets for different classes, backpacks are their primary cosmetic choice beyond Weapon Skins.

Think about it, Guild Wars prides itself on being a game that doesn’t focus on gear being the main focus, instead your character and how that character looks is. So they get the necessary gear out of the way (capped at Ascended for now) and start focusing on cosmetic skins. Now they do have some armor skins, but the main thing they pump out are back packs and weapon skins. These are the items you will see that can make your character different from others. Like the few people who have the Shattered Wings back piece. These skins most likely won’t be available forever, so getting them gives characters a piece of cosmetic gear that makes their characters unique later on in the game’s life.

I hope they do start making some unique armor sets for each class though. It would be awesome, especially since they had things like that in Guild Wars 1 (I rocked the Primeval Set on my Elementalist and I loved it to death)

Gear progression. That’s what they claim. Not gear it’s self. If that where true they would not have introduced the wardrobe.

The best back item they’ve ever done was the mad memories complet edition. The read have been mhe.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

This backpack annoys me. At least I had a chance of getting the spinal blade thingie, but didnt because I was too lazy to farm the items needed, but this one takes the cake, and I hate it. Requiring 3 different skills at 400, none of which I have even started, or a kitten ton of money from people price gouging.

I will never get this back item, and its not because I don’t like it. I just will never have the money or skill level to make it. So now I have 4 items that will sit in my bank forever as a reminder of an unobtainable item.

From what I can tell, all the components required are a permanent addition. You can make this back piece whenever you want. Oh except maybe the clay. You should probably grab twenty-five pieces of clay quickly, I know at Tier 5 they don’t cost a single copper, probably the same at Tier 1, so just round up a stack of Geodes.

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

When I first saw the seed, I assumed it would end up being planted in my home instance and grow into something interesting. But no… just another silly back item that’ll be gathering dust in my wardrobe with all the other silly back items I never use.

in Living World

Esplen.3940

From what I can tell, all the components required are a permanent addition. You can make this back piece whenever you want. Oh except maybe the clay. You should probably grab twenty-five pieces of clay quickly, I know at Tier 5 they don’t cost a single copper, probably the same at Tier 1, so just round up a stack of Geodes.

Clay costs less Geodes the higher tier (1 less per tier) but you can only buy it at Tier 3 or higher. Currently, the price of Clay is 8/7/6 per (maybe more Tiers later on).

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Clay costs less Geodes the higher tier (1 less per tier) but you can only buy it at Tier 3 or higher. Currently, the price of Clay is 8/7/6 per (maybe more Tiers later on).

fewer*

It can be frustrating to wait around or investigate when a Tier 5 Dry Top will be coordinated. A stack of Geodes will cover anyone’s cost, be they frugal or wanton.

Clay is available at all Tiers. The Recipe begins its availability at Tier 3.

in Living World

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

i just have to say, for only a few people having those shattered wings, i sure do see a few hundred different people running around with em each day XD

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Arenanet’s boss, NCSoft wants a “Universal” theme. That’s why we lost a whole lot of content, Cantha included. Koreans think that to have Chinese themes in a false world next to thiers is ‘racist’. I’m tired of the race card being played whenever people don’t like something. It’s getting really old.

in Living World

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

Arenanet’s boss, NCSoft wants a “Universal” theme. That’s why we lost a whole lot of content, Cantha included. Koreans think that to have Chinese themes in a false world next to thiers is ‘racist’. I’m tired of the race card being played whenever people don’t like something. It’s getting really old.

Anytime someone plays the “race” card, our ability to become a united human race is stalled.

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

And to think I was happy when ArenaNet said “no more meta achievements.”

“Great!” I thought, “no more grinding backpieces.”

“Oh no,” ArenaNet said, “you’re still going to grind for backpieces, we’re just not going to give you Achievement Points for doing so.”

in Living World

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

You do realise this item will be an ascended item by the end of things…this is only phase 1 of it.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Anytime someone plays the “race” card, our ability to become a united human race is stalled.

My charr, asura, sylvari and norn all object to being called “human.” :p

On a more serious note, how exactly is this time gated? Maybe I don’t understand the term, but this item isn’t going anywhere. If you haven’t completed the pieces by the release of The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2, you can do so afterwards. The events in Dry Top will still be here, to get more geodes for the recipes and clay. The ability to craft these items isn’t going away. And the items themselves can even be found again if you replay the chapter. So what if you don’t have the latest item before the next release? It’s not going away. If you really want to complain about something, complain about the fact that these items clog up your inventory space until you grind your crafting up to that level because you haven’t been working on your Huntsman crafting…

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

My charr, asura, sylvari and norn all object to being called “human.” :p

On a more serious note, how exactly is this time gated? Maybe I don’t understand the term, but this item isn’t going anywhere. If you haven’t completed the pieces by the release of The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2, you can do so afterwards. The events in Dry Top will still be here, to get more geodes for the recipes and clay. The ability to craft these items isn’t going away. And the items themselves can even be found again if you replay the chapter. So what if you don’t have the latest item before the next release? It’s not going away. If you really want to complain about something, complain about the fact that these items clog up your inventory space until you grind your crafting up to that level because you haven’t been working on your Huntsman crafting…

By, ‘Time Gated,’ they mean you can’t finish it in one day if you wanted to (which isn’t entirely true since you can buy the mats off the Trading Post). It’s largely in reference to the 24 hour cooldowns on the two plant food recipes for Chef and Huntsman, as you can only make 1 of those a day, and need 7, thus forcing a wait time of 1 week. If you don’t buy the things off the Trading Post, that is.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Aaaand I forgot to craft my Meaty Plant Food last night. Dang. >.<

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

Why did they feel they needed to time gate this? Giving me only 1 foxfire cluster for every 112 wood I gather is slowing me down more than the time gate ever will.