Zephyrites Down

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

So, who do you think shot them down? I don’t believe it was Mordremoth just yet given the explosions being not very plant or earth like, but there are possibilities of it being bandits/White-Mantle, Inquest, etc.

As for them being shot down in the first place, I’d just like to give ANet props for that awesome intensifier. Perfect way to introduce season 2, full of conflict and drama(same thing?).

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Scarlet.

/15 characters

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I wouldn’t call it a perfect starter simply because it was a waste of a good introduction to the Maguuma. Instead of getting more story or lore into the Sanctum, they just blew it up. They blew it up like most of the things in SEason 1 and its freaken pathetic.

Chances are, its the Sky Pirate, AGAIN.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think they were shot. There’s no trail on those explosions – they happened from within. Which means that whomever it was that set them off was on the ship itself. And there were no (apparent) bandits/White Mantle/Inquest in Labryinthine Cliffs to board the ship then.

The only highlighted person who joined the Zephyrites would be Trader Aerin. But that could easily be a red-herring given that he said he was leaving his gear on the docks because as he was told it is customary to leave one’s burdens when first joining the Zephyrites. Which either means that the explosives where brought on board by a returning passenger, or the Zephyrites brought them themselves (and whomever set them off did not bring them). Which either means accident or internal conflict or returning passenger/sleeper.

Or, I suppose, it could have taken place a bit after an Aetherblade attack, with a survivor of the Aetherblades hiding after the Zephyrites won the battle. But that seems like a stretch. Saboteur is more likely, IMO.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Well, that aetherblade leader girl escaped prison in LA and wasn’t mentioned since them so I guess it iss her guys.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Wild theory time,

bandits/white mantle/merssat, are getting there revenge on Glint for the whole Flameseeker Prophecies and the ending of the Merssat race. Given that the Zepherites are the keepers of Glints legasy (maybe her baby from the Eye of the North Challange mission?). To what end? Maybe draw out the rest of the Zepherites, if there are anymore, or maybe Glints child it’s self. I guess we might only have a week to find out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: JerryMain.4371

JerryMain.4371

We’re going to Maguuma, but the Zephyrites are shot down, not sure what it has to do with eachother so I don’t really know who would be responsible. I do hope there is one hell of an explanation to it, to make for a good story.

The Only One [One] – Piken Square

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Dondagora.9645

Lots of people, NPCs and players, were talking about things the Zephyrites were bringing on board. A glowing ship, weird signals from the cargo. Either the cargo itself was dangerous, or somebody wanted what they brought. And it would also be interesting to see how Trader Aerin and the Zephyrites survive. Perhaps we’re sent to the Maguuma to rescue them, initially?

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Teddiz.3574

Teddiz.3574

It could be a plan of somebody who doesn’t want the Lion’s Arche being rebuilt ?

We could develop lots of theories but I think Zephirites are hiding a relic or remains related to Glint and their enemies would love to possess it… Maybe are Zephirites the guardians of a weapon against the Dragons ?

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Anawim.5168

Anawim.5168

I loved this intro video to bits. I’m really hoping that Maguuma opens up in its entirety at the absolute latest by mid-to-late Season 2. Something tells me we’re getting more maps than we’d expect from old ANet…

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

Taimi mentions something about getting “curious readings from the crates” and also said “the Zephyrites were taking on more cargo.” Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’m deeply suspicious of Aerin. He keeps babbling about wanting to “help”. But not sure how the community will react to yet another Sylvari villain, so in a way I hope there’s more to it than that.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

they had it coming…

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I’m deeply suspicious of Aerin. He keeps babbling about wanting to “help”. But not sure how the community will react to yet another Sylvari villain, so in a way I hope there’s more to it than that.

Yeah, they honestly don’t need another sylvari main character thrown at us right now. Still getting over Scarlet’s reign of stereotypical 5 year old megalomania cartoon character traits. Hopefully they don’t write her back in as a vengeful sentient AI construct hologram that possess all of her memories. Also dreading the return of the ever lack of personality and the exposition king Trahearne. However there seems to be a certain biased for this race within the writing team. I don’t mind some of the ones that are already exist in game (besides Trahearne), and hopefully we get more character development time with them. Instead of creating another neurotic sylvari NPC. They really need to stop driving this race into the ground. Where it becomes embarrassing to even play as one.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Dondagora.9645

Maybe the sylvari racism will have people blaming Aerin for the explosion? Might be interesting.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I see that Scholar Ela Makkay is also hoping to travel with the Zephyrites when they depart…so that may put her on the suspect list.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I hope it’s the White Mantle! They need a bigger role in the story!
I do NOT hope it’s Athersblades… again..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Im on the opinion that it was the suspicious cargo they loaded up. Could be that they traded with the wrong people and got scammed on a dangerous level. It would make sense, since isolating themselves from the surface world as they do, they would know little about who or what to trust. Trade is their connection to the world, and they might not have expected dangers from taking curious artifacts or devices as long as they dont take many surface-dweller passangers with themselves. Aetherblades or Inquest would both be capable of producing such.

-rampant imagination time with no backing whatsoever-
The inquest might have used aetherblade (and thus less suspicious) individuals to set up the trades, getting one well-concealed piece of an asura gate on the ship at a time. On a timer, the pieces (using the technology of the cubist golems spontaneous assembly) broke out and formed a gate with a pre-set configuration that the Inquest only needed to synch to via any of their functioning gates. This either worked perfectly and inquest saboteurs could infiltrate the ships without being allowed, or something malfunctioned and it caused an explosion.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Re-watching the video, it seems it was the ship with red sails that suffered from the explosions, rather than the main Zephyr Sanctum ship we spent time on before. No idea if that has any relevance to anything.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

“Well, well, well, you didn’t think I was gone for good, did you? Sorry, I’m late for the party but it seems like I made up for it. A wonderful little piece of destruction is it not? -Giggle- I think, my work here is done. I can’t wait to see you all proofing your insignificance once again. -Maniacal laughing, Poof-”

EDIT: lol “I S N ’ T — I T” falls victim to the profanity filter

(edited by Miroe.2054)

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Nobody shot them down. Glint’s kids were a little gassy and someone ignored the signs about bringing torches below deck.

Zephyrites Down

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So, who do you think shot them down?

One of the problems with having way points is that they introduced matter transport as a scientific fact in the GW2 universe. Thus, anyone could have simply materialized bombs aboard the air ship and detonated them.

Suspects of course can get narrowed down by looking into whom has ease of access and motive.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.