any way to save 10g on Verata's ring?

in Living World

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Is blowing 10g the only way to get the ring?

I’m pretty poor right now and working on a legendary so not looking forward to spending what little money I have on this thing that I’ll never use and is only for a collection.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I don’t see any other acquisition method for Verata’s Seared Ring besides the bandit crest vendor. I am going to wait till next episode but I doubt we will see it added as a mastery reward..

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

I don’t see any other acquisition method for Verata’s Seared Ring besides the bandit crest vendor. I am going to wait till next episode but I doubt we will see it added as a mastery reward..

Yuck, I’m sitting at about 20 gold and trying to buy icy runestones if the dungeons weren’t the worst dungeons in the entire MMO genre I might actually do them but..

in Living World

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Eh, if you’ve got the time, you’d only have to stomach the “worst dungeons in the entire MMO genre” for about 10 minutes a day between finding a cof p1 speed run, running it, and profiting with easy money.

But yes, sucks that there’s no obvious alternative, I looked last night as well, and I think it’s rather lame that there’s no achievement set to get it from like the others. I’ll probably hold off buying it until the next release anyway, just in case, since the boots and pants only really look good paired with the chest piece. So I’m in no rush. Grind grind grind the crests…

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Honestly… if you can’t afford 10g then you shouldn’t be worried about end game skins or ascended level gear. Focus on building up your character and making some investments. Once you have 200-300 gold then start looking into higher tier skins and ascended gear.

The LS is good for story, but that is about it, otherwise it is mostly a gold sink. The other aspects of the game is where you make money.

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I have no idea whether i should buy it now or wait ;/

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If you really want an easy/lazy 10g, and you’re already running SW, just sell all your rares on the TP instead of salvaging them.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yuck, I’m sitting at about 20 gold and trying to buy icy runestones if the dungeons weren’t the worst dungeons in the entire MMO genre I might actually do them but..

Actually the dungeons are… ok-ish I guess. Although at this point players have more or less settled into only doing a handful of dungeons paths, and tend to have a rather horrible attitude…

As for how to get gold. What about tequatl? That’s 2 gold the first time and then 1 gold every time after that until the next day (although there’s only about 4 a day). Might also give triple trouble a go, but I’m not sure the player base has the tactics down yet.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

Honestly… if you can’t afford 10g then you shouldn’t be worried about end game skins or ascended level gear. Focus on building up your character and making some investments. Once you have 200-300 gold then start looking into higher tier skins and ascended gear.

The LS is good for story, but that is about it, otherwise it is mostly a gold sink. The other aspects of the game is where you make money.

I have 1 legendary, multiple ascended weapons, full ascended jewelry and 4 level 80 characters with all skills and all traits, I just dislike the dungeons in this game (I am a dungeon master, I’ve done all of them many times) and it’s really the only reliable way to make money most other things are RNG chance. As for selling mats, well let’s see, I said I’m making a legendary so selling Tier 6 mats is out of the question since I need them.

I make money just as I do I spend it, atm, on icy runestones.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

Actually the dungeons are… ok-ish I guess. Although at this point players have more or less settled into only doing a handful of dungeons paths, and tend to have a rather horrible attitude…

As for how to get gold. What about tequatl? That’s 2 gold the first time and then 1 gold every time after that until the next day (although there’s only about 4 a day). Might also give triple trouble a go, but I’m not sure the player base has the tactics down yet.

No, they’re absolutely terrible. Running 5 DPS with almost no interaction aside from stacking on top of each other and doing full dps and blast finishers to stack might .. it doesn’t feel like you’re in a group it feels like you’re soloing next to 4 other people soloing.

Removal of Trinity was supposed to be a good thing but they screwed up horribly and made dungeons nothing but reflexes and stacked DPS, no thought involved at all.

GW1 you had much more complex team builds that had teammates relying on each other, and it wasn’t even just trinity. My favorite speed runs in GW1 had no tank, but the group still needed and supported each other for more than just stacking might to put up bigger numbers.

That group wasn’t going to survive DOA without that Imbagon protecting the and that prot monk and heal monk, that Imbagon was useless without that SoS ritualist giving them splinter weapon (for more adrenaline to spam Save Yourselves) and hex removal, and the group needed those spirits to clump the melee mobs in one place for them to aoe.

GW2 has nothing like that at all.

in Living World

Devildoc.6721

If you really want an easy/lazy 10g, and you’re already running SW, just sell all your rares on the TP instead of salvaging them.

Need the ectos (which until I get a stack of crystalline dust I’m salvaging, good way of getting luck as well)

in Living World

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

plz guy ! spend 10 gold for a ring u will never use. It ‘s too much yeah ^^ and this topic was about " other way to get verata’s ring" not " how to get 10 gold"

thanks !