are all HoT zones as bad as the first

in Living World

Posted by: Garock.2854

Garock.2854

I don’t think I have ever had a zone so annoying in any game, taking forever to find paths up trees and gliding to other trees. Please tell me the other zones in HoT are more simple to navigate.

I have been trying to get to itzel scout ubek for an hour now, to complete “in their footsteps”, freaking frustrating.

(edited by Garock.2854)

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Auric is a tad simpler, but not much. A lot of people seem to enjoy it the most whom I have spoken to.

Tangled Depths is many, many times worse. I am not exaggerating either. It’s kinda cool how it feels from a jungle perspective, but probably one of the most difficult to navigate zones I have ever seen in an mmo.

Dragons Stand is much simpler, but is essentially a giant meta map, made up of 3 lanes heading towards a boss fight. SOme areas remain inaccessible until after the final boss is dead.

So no, the areas do not get any easier overall.

in Living World

Garock.2854

yikes, just seems crazy how much more difficult it is to get around, compared to the non HoT content. Gliders are cool and all, but I seriously thought it would make it easier to get around, rather than harder lol

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

All the zones are easy to navigate

disclaimer I can read maps, so your version of easy may vary.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s not hard once you learn some stuff. The problem is learning it. There’s a vista and you can get to the Itzel scout by gliding from there, if that helps.

in Living World

Posted by: Alicornus.7095

Alicornus.7095

It’s not as confusing and hard to navigate as it seems on first glance, but you need some masteries to make life easier: Updraft gliding, mushroom jumping and nuchoc wallows with the latter being most useful to find your way through the Tangled Depths.

Auric Basin is rather simple: Head to the center of the map first and unlock the Tarir waypoint. It’s open unless the main event is running and makes life a lot easier, especially if the outposts are still locked. If you take this as your starting point, you can use the event chains to discover most of the map with ease, there is just one part you can only reach with a friendly mesmer or Ley-Line-Gliding.

Tangled Depths is a bit of a nightmare without nuchoc wallows, but not that hard if you can use them. Your most important waypoint is “Ley-Line Confluence”. Once you’ve found one of the lanes you can hardly miss it. From this point you can discover the lanes and with the wallows most of the territory behind it without getting lost.

Dragon’s Stand is an event map, many GW2 communities do this one on a regular basis. Join them for the event and you’ll get to see everything the map has to offer.

in Living World

Garock.2854

thanks for the tip! I finally managed to get the mushroom hopping mastery, which helped a bunch with that quest for scout ubek, though he was still a pain to reach. the storyline after him was much easier to complete though

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Tangled Depths is a royal pain. Dragon Stand can be just as bad.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Zerkules.4128

Zerkules.4128

I honestly feel that the expansions PVE would have been better if the maps were designed as normal maps. It just feels like if they were normal maps we probably would have got more land to explore and possibly double the amount of maps…. designing this must have been a pain in the butt.

Anyhow it only took me two days after the launch and only because my party ran into bugs on launch (expected) to get through these maps. While I do not play much anymore I hope that when they finally do get around to a living story season that if new maps are added they are nothing like these.

in Living World

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

The idea is that it’s really difficult at first, and getting masteries makes it easier and easier. You’re " mastering" the jungle environment, learning as your character learns it.

It will take a bit, especially for Tangled Depth ( when you get there, think of the map as 4 different areas of events that are connected by the main underground chamber ) but in the end, the maps make sense and it becomes pretty fun to move around.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in Living World

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

At first i was very angry at the huge navigation difficulty spike that new maps have comparing to core areas. But after some time i have no trouble finding my way through even TD. Masteries help a lot.

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

TD takes time to get used to and your first foray into it is going to leave you lost and confused.

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I scratched my head in TD for a while when I was first in there. After you explore and see where routes can and do take you, it’s fine.

I mean, it’s kind of like when you move to a new town. Eventually, even the little side road shortcuts are something you’re familiar with, but at first you might want GPS navigation for everything.

in Living World

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

I like most of the new content, but I don’t find any of the Heart of thorn maps difficult, I find them very annoying and not fun at all. Most 3 year vets I talk to think the same thing, cool looking maps but poor mechanics and annoying navigation, nothing hard about them.

Even with all masteries maxed out, it feels more like a choir to get around IMO.

Hellion

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I think the map designers actively dislike players and seek to punish them.

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

God help you when you reach Tangled Depths if you thought Verdant Brink was bad.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

that’s the hype train for yah, even Anet them self get hyped on gliders and misuse them.
IMO a map is good when you can do a story line walking, if you need to do all kinds of jumps and flights just to get from A to B then something is horribly wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I believe the point of Verdant Brink is to get the player to both be proficient and comfortable with gliding. All of non-canopy VB can be navigated without gliders but the map basically slaps you in the face with “how much easier this would be with gliders”

The reason the devs did this I think is so that they could put glider requiring stuff later on and be confident that the player will have and be comfortable with gliding by the time the player reaches those later points.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube