in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

…is kinda impossible

avoiding sandstorm in last fight

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The moving wall of wind, you mean? You can dodge through it, or use Caithe’s 7 skill to dash through it safely.

in Living World

Posted by: Nathanael.4398

Nathanael.4398

Do this when trying an achievement:
Carefully analyze the boss’s mechanics and think a way out of it!

When you kill one earth elemental a sandstorm spawns on the spame spot as the elemetal died. So don’t melee it and you won’t have a problem with it.
The wind is dodgeable with “dodge” 3 and 6.

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

When you kill one earth elemental a sandstorm spawns on the spame spot as the elemetal died. So don’t melee it and you won’t have a problem with it.

“Don’t melee it”
90% of Caithe’s skills are mele, how do you expect us to not melee it?

in Living World

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

“Don’t melee it”

It’s just the last hit on the Elemental you shouldn’t melee if you can’t walk out of it quick enough. E.g. finishing it of with #2 to leap away or run away with utility #1, Condition Damage (Utility slot #2) or semi-ranged (#4 and #5) are all viable options. Or teaming up and letting a non-Caithe teammate do the last hit.

Question: Anyone know how people lose the achievement before we even get to the boss (after the Centaur defence bit?) As a group we did it over and over and someone keeps losing it before we get to him, but I can’t see how.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

“Don’t melee it”

It’s just the last hit on the Elemental you shouldn’t melee if you can’t walk out of it quick enough. E.g. finishing it of with #2 to leap away or run away with utility #1, Condition Damage (Utility slot #2) or semi-ranged (#4 and #5) are all viable options. Or teaming up and letting a non-Caithe teammate do the last hit.

Question: Anyone know how people lose the achievement before we even get to the boss (after the Centaur defence bit?) As a group we did it over and over and someone keeps losing it before we get to him, but I can’t see how.

If you die you lose all achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Is there a reset button for this fight? Pretty annoying to go through the whole instance each time you fail the achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: siggy.9521

siggy.9521

Yep have done it 11 times even got him half way once. Then tripped on a sandstorm. Its just too annoying to try again.

(edited by siggy.9521)

in Living World

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

It’s pretty annoying but here are my tips:

1. Do the achievement for doing the mission in challenge mode 1st. This will get you used to the wind walls.

2. When earth elementals die they leave a sand pool. In the beginning when you are only fighting 1 elemental at a time drag him to a corner of the map and melee him until about ~30%. Then use skill 8 to give him conditions and run away right when he is about to die. Make sure to face away from sand pools so you can use your heal effectively. The boss sometimes creates sand pools when you are in melee range, so use your elite when his shield is down and use skill 5. Repeat until he spawns 2 elementals at a time.

3. When 2 elementals spawn drag them to a corner and use skill 5. Stop using the skill just prior to their death, use skill 8, and run out of there. When the bosses armor is down use your elite to stealth and just use skill #1 on him (backstab in stealth).

Even doing it this way is pretty tough, but this was the most effective way I found.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

It’s pretty annoying but here are my tips:

1. Do the achievement for doing the mission in challenge mode 1st. This will get you used to the wind walls.

2. When earth elementals die they leave a sand pool. In the beginning when you are only fighting 1 elemental at a time drag him to a corner of the map and melee him until about ~30%. Then use skill 8 to give him conditions and run away right when he is about to die. Make sure to face away from sand pools so you can use your heal effectively. The boss sometimes creates sand pools when you are in melee range, so use your elite when his shield is down and use skill 5. Repeat until he spawns 2 elementals at a time.

3. When 2 elementals spawn drag them to a corner and use skill 5. Stop using the skill just prior to their death, use skill 8, and run out of there. When the bosses armor is down use your elite to stealth and just use skill #1 on him (backstab in stealth).

Even doing it this way is pretty tough, but this was the most effective way I found.

Thanks I’ll try this

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Is it me or are these story achievements getting harder ever since the adding of luminescent armor? (for which you need the achievement item – else you gotta buy it) Harder, and little room for error else you have to do the whole thing over again.

in Living World

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This achievement is tough even in a group, and don’t even THINK about bothering to try in challenge mode lol. It was fun though.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The thing that ended up helping me the most was turning my graphic downs to the lowest setting possible. All the annoying flare and shimmers and crap that Anet puts on the screen dissapears on those settings. The sandstorms are REALLY easy to see with low graphics settings, which makes them much easier to avoid.

in Living World

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

You have to use either full condi or full zerker gear, sigils work(so I’ve read) condi duration food works…. you can use traveler runes for run speed, speed runes if you are desperate.

You have to kill the centaur boss quick, or the ground will be completely covered with sand things, and you won’t have anywhere to walk.

…the fight is just another example of go zerker or go home.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Living World

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Is it me or are these story achievements getting harder ever since the adding of luminescent armor? (for which you need the achievement item – else you gotta buy it) Harder, and little room for error else you have to do the whole thing over again.

I agree the VERY LAST episode may have been a bit more tough, but the two before it were a piece of cake. Just remember how difficult some of the achievements in “Entanglement” were, probably about as much as the new ones.
As someone was pointing out in a different topic, being hard to accomplish is kinda the definition of achievement. Little room for error and having to restart the whole thing is completely intentional.

in Living World

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I agree the VERY LAST episode may have been a bit more tough, but the two before it were a piece of cake. Just remember how difficult some of the achievements in “Entanglement” were, probably about as much as the new ones.
As someone was pointing out in a different topic, being hard to accomplish is kinda the definition of achievement. Little room for error and having to restart the whole thing is completely intentional.

I understand and agree with the “hard ti accomplish” part, but having to rewatch all the cutscenes it torture. Once is more than enough!